General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

The New Forte

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 10:28 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default The New Forte

Well I've already put over 300 miles on the new Forte - I washed it, clayed it and gave it a little polish/wax last weekend - haven't had it on the road since.

This one fits sooo much better in the garage. I have over a foot on each side - with the Monte I could barely close the door, and the ex-Silverado, it would hang out

It's A LOT bigger on the inside than the outside lets on, and for a 4 banger it's pretty peppy. 156 HP (but remember, it weighs almost 1,000 pounds less than the Monte Carlo). Manuamatic trans (which I've been having fun with), remote start, Sirius XM, Aux and USB inputs.

LED ring around ignition cylinder (helps a lot at night)

Plus, the bottom is undercoated from the factory and the muffler/tale pipe are stainless. Steel wheels, with plastic covers, so no worries about winter hurting them either.

Old 07-30-2012, 10:50 AM

Hi `Mike, did you trade your Monte or X Silverado ?

Wish you good luck with your new KIA

My grandfather doesn't like that name KIA..
He's a Vietnam Vet & he says everytime he see's one it reminds him of Vietnam & the symbol (Killed In Action)
Killed in action - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
<CITE>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killed_in_action</CITE>Cached - Similar

Killed in action (KIA) is a casualty classification generally used by militaries to ... city of Irvine, CA erected the first and only American memorial for ongoing wars MCF History lesson contained

I wish you Good Luck & Safe miles in your new KIA Forte...How's the MPG's ? (It does have a great warranty, so it's great that it fits in garages)

Keep us updated on your review...Thanks 4 sharing

Last edited by Space; 07-30-2012 at 11:01 AM.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:51 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Glad you are enjoying the car

Old 07-30-2012, 11:09 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Looks Great good lil cars, but man i hate how new cars have radios that are hard to change

Old 07-30-2012, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Space
Hi `Mike, did you trade your Monte or X Silverado ?

I wish you Good Luck & Safe miles in your new KIA Forte...How's the MPG's ? (It does have a great warranty, so it's great that it fits in garages)

Keep us updated on your review...Thanks 4 sharing
Doing probably 70% city so far I've averaged about 28 MPG. It's rated as 27 city / 37 highway.

I ended up trading in my 2005 Silverado. It had about 38,000 on it (bought in new May of 05). Didn't drive it a lot because at the time, work was close to home. Before my driveway was redone it was a lot of gravel to the left, and I parked half on it, which resulted in that half of the underside rusting pretty bad, my brakes were getting eaten because of it, so did some of the body and suspension. The headliner was falling out, I was constantly replacing brakes, the belt would squeal, the tensioner was bad, it had a weird noise under load, it shifted hard sometimes... things that SHOULDN'T be happening in a basically new vehicle.

Last edited by Mike 00LS; 02-16-2013 at 10:13 AM.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:44 PM

There are some good variants of this car like the sportier ones. It looks very nice too! Totally high-tech! My friend got a brand new Ford Fiesta and as puny as that is, it also packs a punch and it decent inside. Enjoy that skyrocketing MPG!

P.S. Who's the little guy in the back? XD

Old 07-30-2012, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Mike 00LS
Doing probably 70% city so far I've averaged about 28 MPG. It's rated as 27 city / 27 highway.

I ended up trading in my 2005 Silverado. It had about 38,000 on it (bought in new May of 05). Didn't drive it a lot because at the time, work was close to home. Before my driveway was redone it was a lot of gravel to the left, and I parked half on it, which resulted in that half of the underside rusting pretty bad, my brakes were getting eaten because of it, so did some of the body and suspension. The headliner was falling out, I was constantly replacing brakes, the belt would squeal, the tensioner was bad, it had a weird noise under load, it shifted hard sometimes... things that SHOULDN'T be happening in a basically new vehicle.

Hi `Mike, & thanks for your reply & infor.
It's sad what happened to your Silverado with the weather elements. I'm happy that you did not trade your Monte, since you just got it painted & fixed `up..

Which one will you drive to work ? It's great that you will have a 10yr 100K warranty with your new car...Do you have a good dealer with good reputation ? Is it close ?
Wish you safe/happy trouble`free miles in your new Kia Forte...Good Luck from `Space

Old 07-30-2012, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Space
Which one will you drive to work ? It's great that you will have a 10yr 100K warranty with your new car...Do you have a good dealer with good reputation ? Is it close ?
I'll be driving the Forte basically 24/7 once Winter comes, the Monte Carlo will be put on light duty come Winter, we're down to 3 cars now from the original 5. I could store the Monte Carlo in my cousins garage, but it would be too far away in the event we need it, the minivan isn't in the shape it used to be.

I replaced the factory battery last Winter (it's a 2003) but it was having corrosion issues around the terminals that I kept cleaning. Finally I replaced the terminal, but it's still takes a bit to start, and it's blown a few fuses. Plus it likes to have evap code issues. I'd like to ditch the van and get either an SUV or another truck. Maybe even a larger 4 door (like a Charger)....something RWD. I just hate FWD...in general really, but in the winter especially I prefer the RWD.

Old 07-30-2012, 04:15 PM

But it is a Kia! Lol. I was never really a fan of KIAs, for some reason. But I am happy you like it, those little cars can get-up and go when you. We'd it. I would like a Ford Focus, the. Ew one instead of this. But I am happy you enjoy it, it will be better on your pocket then your truck