General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

New fog lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 11:55 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member
Default RE: New fog lights pics

ORIGINAL: 04 Intimidator

Looks Sweet!!! I love the position and balance with the headlights.

By the way I saw the woods behind your house and got jealous. I so need to get out in the country.
Lol if you only knew. I dont live in the country, actually I dont really live anywhere near the country. I live pretty much in the suburbs. You would have to go about20 miles to get to anywhere that even resembles the country, and that is being developed too.About 200-300 acres around me is a farm. Over the last 5 years, the farm is being sold off and big ugly houses are being built all around me. We live on 23 acres of what used to be a horse farm (note the barn in pic 2)with about 5-10 acres of woods (what you see in the pics) other than that you would be hard pressed to find a good patch of woods in my area. It is nice to have them, but when you look around and see houses everywhere, it kind of kills the atmosphere. I would imagine in about another 5 years my woods will be the only good patch for miles and miles.

Old 03-02-2008, 12:17 PM

those look very nice. clean install and they look super bright too.

i looked around at autozone today just to get some ideas. its gonna be hard to come up with a mounting system for my monte because there is nothing behind the bumper solid to mount to. im still gonna try and see what i can come up with tho

Old 03-02-2008, 05:36 PM

5 Year Member

I would look for a factory set to mount in the holes in your bumper cover. There should be everything on the bumpercover to mount it to already, you would just have to cut out the filler and put the lights in place. They usually just mount with screws that screw right into the plastic of the cover from the back.

Old 03-02-2008, 05:56 PM

ORIGINAL: mrl390

ORIGINAL: 04 Intimidator

Looks Sweet!!! I love the position and balance with the headlights.

By the way I saw the woods behind your house and got jealous. I so need to get out in the country.
Lol if you only knew. I dont live in the country, actually I dont really live anywhere near the country. I live pretty much in the suburbs. You would have to go about20 miles to get to anywhere that even resembles the country, and that is being developed too.About 200-300 acres around me is a farm. Over the last 5 years, the farm is being sold off and big ugly houses are being built all around me. We live on 23 acres of what used to be a horse farm (note the barn in pic 2)with about 5-10 acres of woods (what you see in the pics) other than that you would be hard pressed to find a good patch of woods in my area. It is nice to have them, but when you look around and see houses everywhere, it kind of kills the atmosphere. I would imagine in about another 5 years my woods will be the only good patch for miles and miles.
Well, that kinda sucks but it's still nice to have the patch of woods. I want to get a place in Northern Wisconsin with about 80 acres... Most wooded. Good for hunting and ATVing.

Also need a stream or river to fish off of.

Old 03-02-2008, 06:28 PM

ORIGINAL: mrl390
I would look for a factory set to mount in the holes in your bumper cover.
Thats what im thinking would work the best but the only downside is I know they won't be as bright. OEMs never are. I saw a set of factory ones on ebay once for really cheap...should of got them because i cant find them anywhere online now. Maybe a junkyard?

Old 03-02-2008, 08:22 PM

5 Year Member

A junkward would probably be your best bet. I also see alot of aftermarket fog lights on ebay that claim to mount right in the holes. They have just regular aftermarket style brackets so there must be some place to mount to that is sold back there. I would take another look and see. The metal bumper should be somewhere in that area thought Im not sure exactly how close to the holes it is.

Old 03-03-2008, 11:47 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Another MCFs member just put factory lights in his '04 Monte. (Rick, where are you buddy?)

He found them on a web site that located factory lights for him. Then he wired them in. They look great on his car.

Old 03-03-2008, 11:59 AM

My Fog Lights give-off the same Yellow-look. After researching the sit-she-a-shun ... I'm going to re-lamp them with Sylvania 880 SST's. They are a bright, white giving-off light bulb that fits the OEM Factory Light perfectly.

I do like the placement of those lights of yours ... gives it a sportier looking nose. Should look great after the Sun sets.

Old 03-03-2008, 12:13 PM

Those look real good, almost factory looking.

Old 03-03-2008, 12:16 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

They really spice up the car.

Quick Reply: New fog lights