General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

7th Gen ('06-'07): Need help and willing to pay

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 06:27 PM
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Need help and willing to pay

As most of you know I am building a one of a kind '07 SS. I have run into a snag and am appealing to the membership for either some help or some direction to solve my problem. I am currently having DC power build a 200 AMP alternator for me and it has come time for it to be produced after waiting about 6 weeks however they have refused to build it without a car to examine or look at. DC Power is in Riverside CA & I need to rent or lease a 2006 or 2007 SS 5.3L V8 to let them look at for a week or two so they can be absolutely sure that they build my alternatior to fit correctly. They are not going to drive it only size up the new alternator to make sure it will fit in the engine compartment without interference. I would be willing to pay up to $500.00 per week for probably 2 weeks for them to fit and size my alternator. And if it took longer I would obviously pay whatever it took. I was hoping someone in the area of Riverside would know where I could go to rent or lease the Monte I need. If any of the Forum membership are interested I would love to talk to you. My understanding is you would drop the car off and come back and pick it up when they are done looking at it. Again the car would not be driven. The best I can do is offer the $500.00 per week and hopefully someone might be interested or know of someone who would be or know of a company that could help. Please PM with any ideas - Thank you
I would do this myself but I am in Michigan, my car is in Utah - a bit of a complicated situation.

Old 04-16-2012, 06:56 PM

I would loan you out my car but you are far. Best of luck

Old 04-16-2012, 08:16 PM
15 Year Member

Honestly that is exactly what I am hoping someone will do. At $500 per week I am not being cheap and maybe at the same time I would be helping someone who would in turn really be helping me also.

Old 04-16-2012, 10:52 PM

I have a 04 and am half the country away I would drive a few states over for that. But I got wrong year and would need to ship it there and back.

Old 04-17-2012, 12:06 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Would it maybe be a little easier and cost efficient to just send them an alternator? If they had to they could just replace the internals.

This one would be the same one as the current one for your Monte.

06 07 08 09 IMPALA ALTERNATOR 5.3L | eBay

This way they have all the dimensions already in front of them and you save yourself potentially $400+

Old 04-17-2012, 08:09 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

They don't need an alternator Mitch, they need a car because they are going to be making custom brackets and they need to make sure their larger higher watt alternator is going to fit in the car properly, like hood clearance, belt clearance, etc.

It's very common for aftermarket parts makers to do this. K&N allows you to donate your car for 2 weeks and get a free CAI if they don't have one for your style car already.

Old 04-17-2012, 09:38 AM

have you looked into enterprise and other rental companies. they used to rent ls4 cars, and perhaps one in that area still has a impala or a gxp to rent.

Old 04-17-2012, 09:58 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Alex. I wish I lived closer so I could help you out. Hey where in Michigan are you? We have more then a couple of members in Mi that could possibly help you.

Old 04-17-2012, 11:01 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Rick he needs a member in the Riverside, California area. I hope you can find someone. If not is shipping your car from Utah to them an option?

Old 04-17-2012, 04:10 PM
15 Year Member

Thanks guys, but it's a car in the Riverside California area where I need one close by. And sending them the alternator isn't enough like Chibiblacksheep mentioned they are fitting everything from brackets to housing to nuts and bolts and they have to have the car for fitment and clearances. I have called about a dozen rent-a-wreck companies in the LA area and no one has a V8 alot of 6's but no V8's. Hertz, Enterprise and Avis are all newer cars no one had a used one. Shipping the car to Riverside is an option but very expensive round trip. And to be truthful with the $'s I have invested I am not too keen on that option any way. I have even resorted to calling a few people who are selling their cars and asked if they would rent the car to me but no one had another car to drive in the meantime and they needed to sell their car in order to buy one so that option was out. I am open to any and all ideas - this is only day one of this dilemma - somehow one way or another it has to be done. I just wish I had known they wanted the car 6 weeks ago when they took my order for the alternator. Now I am just 6 weeks further behind. I posted this on the Impala forum also - think I will go over there now and see if there are any other ideas. I appreciate all the input.

Quick Reply: 7th Gen ('06-'07): Need help and willing to pay