General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

NEED HELP! Low beam issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2016, 08:39 PM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Exclamation NEED HELP! Low beam issue

I noticed my drivers side low beam went out last week. I stopped at a store, both lights working. Then I go to leave and have one bulb working (I noticed by looking in the glass of the store and seeing the reflection). So I think damn, bulb went out. I have HID's by the way and have had these HIDs for 4 years or longer and thought one just decided to go out. Order new ones, get them in today thinking finally going to have 2 headlights again. Nope. I blow 2 fuses instantly. The 10A EXT LTS fuse and the 15A DRL/EXT LTS fuse. I replace them. Instantly blow again. Finally I'm fed up and replace the fuses again and put in the blown bulb. Now I'm back to just my passenger bulb working. Any ideas on what could be causing this? I checked every single fuse and replaced the DRL relay hoping that would help. Cleaned the headlight ground on the drivers side by the radiator. Checked all my connections.

Any ideas on what to check next? I don't understand what the hell is going on. I have the ddm tuning kit with the wire harness to connect directly to the battery and never had this problem until now. I've read years ago that when using this harness I don't have to connect a certain connection but I can't remember which one. With this kit I have everything plugged in.

Last edited by M.C.BOB; 04-25-2016 at 08:42 PM.
Old 04-26-2016, 09:34 AM

sounds like the ballasts

Old 04-26-2016, 11:37 PM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

It was indeed the ballast. Problem has been resolved.