General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Need Help Guys :)

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 05:13 PM
Default Need Help Guys :)

Hi Forum,
i have a 2002 monte Carlo SS with 3.8 lt
ok from the get go, seems the front end has a shake ok?
replaced the lower control arm , sway bar ,tires aligned and Balanced still shake But.... only driving at 30-35 after i pass 35 runs smooth.

lol thats just the first thing i got from the start,
during the short time having this car, these others items:

Headlight switch , from what i learned on here My Hazzard switch will fix my Turn Signals , rear Struts need long gated . pass door handle Just Broke.
shocks in the Trunk booth heads of those broke need to replace

any other member have any these problems?
I Love my car and plan to make what items replaced as needed
THanks Rick

Old 03-18-2011, 05:54 PM

I assume when they did your alignment all your front end parts checked out ok including tie rods, if your steering wheel shakes thats usually a front wheel outta balance, if you feel the shake more in your seat (Butt) area thats a rear wheel outta balance, if you feel it down by your feet and pedals i would have your axel's checked out, I just replaced my axel's on my '02 SS. I have 132k miles and i've not had any of those other problems you mentioned, Good luck man hope I helped ya.

Old 03-18-2011, 06:27 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2014
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Have you checked to see if your front rotors are warped?... I've got an 02 SS also & have had to replace my Hazard switch (multi-function) to fix my turn signals... Also replaced my fuel sending unit to fix my gas gage... No worries though these cars and especially the 3.8 are very strong & reliable... One thing I over do is regular maintenance to the hilt... Hope this helps...

Old 03-18-2011, 07:07 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I had that shake problem in my 99 Grand Am. Had a bent rim.

Sorry to hear you're having so many problems with your car. The multi-function arm (turn signal arm) is a common thing to go bad in GM cars.

Old 03-20-2011, 05:38 PM

My Dale Jr car has a slight shake in the front end also and its had new tires and a four wheel alighment done. I'm going to be taking it back and have them check everything out again.

My turn signals work fine but trying to put the brights on causes some problems. you have to pull the turn signal arm just right to get it to click. I'm assuming a new one is in my future. Does anyone know how hard they are to replace?

Wayne

Old 03-20-2011, 05:48 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sounds like you got a lemon man... must be a bent rim, I can't think of anything else. Rotors warp good on these cars, but it shoudl still only vibrate when you're on the brakes. Maybe a tire is really abd out of balance?

Old 03-22-2011, 10:55 PM

Hey there!

It could also be that one of your tires might have a small bubble on it- It can be hard to notice at first, particularly if it's on the inside (car facing) part of the tire. If not, then it might be a bent rim like Taz said.. My Monte had a similar problem about 4 years ago- but it only happened when I stepped on the brakes; it was the front rotors being warped..

Oh and on the turn signal lever- that's nothing new. My '82 Olds 98 always had a bad habit of having the lever jam up and the lever breaks off as a result.. I should have just jammed a Phillips screwdriver in there and labeled it. It probably would have worked better! I guess it's tradition at GM. GM- Having screwy turn signal levers since 1980!