General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Nascar inspired roof spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 08:07 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I agree, if it was ~300$ painted I'd be all over it, but for just a stick on piece I would hope it was cheaper.

Old 03-27-2009, 08:48 AM

I can't figure out if i want one or not, anyone have any idea how it would look on my yellow pace car?

Old 03-27-2009, 11:17 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Yellow Pace car? Cool why?

I sure hope you guys don't blast my car once I get our's painted and installed.

Cause I bought one for the '03 Pace care right after Christmas. I had a little extra cash at the time and bought the spoiler the seller had left over.

One thing. If you're a due paying member of Monte Millennium Generations you can get the spoiler for $275. Yes you still have to paint it.

A local shop said they'd color match mine for $100 and for another $25 they'd install it for me.

One thing to be aware of:
If you car has the OnStar/XM antenna it must be removed to get the roof spoiler in the correct position on the roof.

A local upholstery shop said they'd remove the one on my car. But he wants $200 for the work.

I think.............. I may be able to do this myself? At least I'm giving it a try.

Old 03-27-2009, 12:30 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Not a fan at all. I think it actually disrupts the lines of the Monte WAY too much.

Old 03-27-2009, 02:08 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- May 2009
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Dont worry RJ, we wont blast you. To each his own. Our opinions our just ours. i agree with you though rickkated, it does break the flow of the car, but thats just through my eyes.

i think if i got a spoiler, i'd get the razzi effects spoiler. i've been thinking about it a lot. i like how it comes down over the 3d break light. looks cool. i need to have my rear bumper repainted because the damn sprinklers near my house killed it. hard water destroyed the clearcoat. when i get that repainted i'll do the spoiler.

Old 03-27-2009, 02:27 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

I really like the look, I think it would be sharp on my black Monte, but it is just a STICK ON spoiler. There's no mounting hardware, so I see the price as being a little steep. $375 painted and stuck in place? nahh can't justify.

I'm not saying you are stupid for buying it, if I had the disposable and could get one I would. But it's hard to justify right now. FOR ME

Old 03-27-2009, 05:30 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by RickAKATed10
Not a fan at all. I think it actually disrupts the lines of the Monte WAY too much.
x 100. 'Nuff said

Old 03-27-2009, 06:09 PM

Pretty slick.

Old 03-27-2009, 07:40 PM
15 Year Member
Smile

I wish I had more pics of all car colors but not everyone sends pics after painting and installing.It doesn't make sense that because it doesn't come with a mechanical hardware, that the price is to steep.To put it better,all pieces are hand laid with fiberglass.If I were to have the thing bolted to the roof it would cost everyone more money,money to put the the studs in,plus a drill template would have to be made,and you would have to take the headline out and seal the holes,costing everybody more money.HHHMMM.Something to think about.I don't make them myself cuz it's messy.The place I get them made is a top notch fabrication shop affiliated with Nascar.If I could sell them at a lower cost,man, I would be the first to do that.I went 2 years trying to find someone new to fabricate these at the original cost.Everyone else wanted more money to make them,so I didn't have any for sale for that time.I put in a lot of time and research behind this product.My new guy make a way better piece than the original ones I first started with.I could spend $30,000 for an injection molded parts and you could get the part for a $100 with a cheap laquer paint job like the rear spoilers on Ebay,but then I would have to sell a whole lot to recover the cost,plus it would be made in China to be able to sell it CHEAP.I proud to say it's MADE IN AMERICA,keeping the money home.I don't say this is for everyone to buy,but you have the option if you like it and want something different.That's the aftermarket life;you have plenty of comination of parts to make no 2 car alike.OK.Ran out of breath.Thanks

Old 03-27-2009, 08:08 PM

any chance of getting one of these with a light bar in it?

Quick Reply: Nascar inspired roof spoiler