General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

7th Gen ('06-'07): Mylink install

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2018, 10:41 AM
Default Mylink install

Hey everyone, I'm looking to retrofit a Chevy Mylink system in my 07 MC. Has anyone done ths before and if so are there any tips on installation? Thanks

Old 01-15-2018, 05:19 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

That sounds like a very cool concept! Not sure if anyone has done that mod, but if you go forward with it, you have to share details and pics.

I am not well versed in the new GM products. Does MyLink simply add ability to link your phone via bluetooth to a touchscreen factory radio?

Old 01-16-2018, 07:02 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
That sounds like a very cool concept! Not sure if anyone has done that mod, but if you go forward with it, you have to share details and pics.

I am not well versed in the new GM products. Does MyLink simply add ability to link your phone via bluetooth to a touchscreen factory radio?
I have the MyLink in the Equinox and it has a touch screen that you use for the radio, heater controls, XM, backup camera, phones. I think it would be a difficult mod for sure, based on the stuff it controls, unless you are a wizard.

Old 01-16-2018, 07:55 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thanks Drivernumber3! I agree, it definitely sounds difficult. I believe the 06/07 Montes and modern GMs with MyLink use CANBUS. If that is true, that could be a good start to this mod. The next question would be if the MyLink communicates to the HVAC systems the same as the Monte does.

Admittedly, I am a geek who loves reading about projects like this. Whether they pan out or not, I love reading about the research and any tests to make it happen.