General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

My System :)

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 09:51 PM
Default My System :)

Hey guys. Thought I would show a vid of my current system.
Kicker 6x9s
Kicker Coaxials
Kicker Z350.4 Four Channel Amp
Sundown Audio SAZ-1500d Mono Amp
Optima Yellowtop Battery
Fi BTL 15" sub. Dual 1 ohm (Wired at .5)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkpnOGSx8lc

Since the video I have:
Put spare back in and bolted down the sub
Mounted the Amps
Put the back seats in

In the process of buying an alternator

Old 10-15-2008, 01:05 AM
Default RE: My System :)

When you cranked the volume, it was just distortion that came across on the vid, but when you turned it down it sounded good. Thanks for putting me up on that song "So Icey" by Baby D, Shawty Lo and Gucci Mane, that song knocks!

Old 10-15-2008, 06:36 AM

Its the cameras failure to pick it up that loud. It sounds crystal clear in person no matter how loud i turn it up

Old 10-15-2008, 09:31 AM

ORIGINAL: Bone

Its the cameras failure to pick it up that loud. It sounds crystal clear in person no matter how loud i turn it up
Obviously. My point was to express to you that turning it up so loud to where all we hear is distortion makes us say "wow, that's some sick distortion". At the end of the video when you turned it down, we could hear it clearly for a split second until you cranked it down all the way so I'd suggest turning it to that level so we can hear all of the system, not just the overwhelming distortion we hear when you crank it. But if your point was to show how much your bass can distort the camera, mission accomplished.

Old 10-15-2008, 09:32 AM

Haha thanks

Old 10-15-2008, 08:13 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Why are you after a new alternator? Is the yellow top under the hood or in the trunk? I have a red top under the hood, but a yellow top in the trunk to run my system. IMHO, you need more battery, not more alternator.

Old 10-15-2008, 08:15 PM

I have since moved the yellowtop under the hood..

When the car is off, the stereo is powered by the battery.

When the car is running, the stereo is powered by the alternator..

I would be able to run the stereo for about 10 minutes before the alternator exploded.

Old 10-15-2008, 09:17 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I can't imagine you having any problems with your alternator. Running 2 or 3 batteries is not uncommon. The stereo runs off the battery whether the car is running or not. The alternator keeps the battery(s) charged. If you have problems with your lights dimming, it's because you don't have enough battery to run your system.

Old 10-15-2008, 10:32 PM

If your lights are dimming get a capacitor or two. I was running 4 12's in a honda civic with no dimming and stock battery and alternator.

Old 10-15-2008, 11:34 PM

ORIGINAL: RocknSS04

I can't imagine you having any problems with your alternator. Running 2 or 3 batteries is not uncommon. The stereo runs off the battery whether the car is running or not. The alternator keeps the battery(s) charged. If you have problems with your lights dimming, it's because you don't have enough battery to run your system.
Just to clarify a few things;

When the car is running, ALL of the power to the accessories is supplied by the alternator and the battery is actually a load on the charging system. The only time the battery would supply power, with the engine running, is when the current capacity of the alternator is exceeded or when the engine is at very low idle. This is why your 12v battery reads anywhere from 13.5 and 14.4 volts when the car is running and from 12.5 to 13.5 volts with the car off.

The lights dimming when the bass hits is due to the amperage draw on the alternator exceeding what it can put out, and since electricity prefers to travel the path of least resistance, when a huge draw is placed upon the system (like a heavy bass note) the current goes the path of the heavy draw, taking power away from the other accessories which can be seen when the lights dim. Adding another battery to a system already suffering from insufficient current capacity only makes the problem worse since it's yet another item in the system that is pulling power from the alternator.

Quick Reply: My System :)