Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   General Monte Carlo Talk (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/general-monte-carlo-talk-9/)
-   -   my summer project..... (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/general-monte-carlo-talk-9/my-summer-project-15397/)

BlackRainSS 12-14-2011 08:31 PM

Did U ever find out how it ended up at the dealers? IK some dealer saround here are the same way went to test drive a truck last year, he had to jump it, pump up all 4 tires, and the gas light was on and the truck had been keyed sitting on his lot I was like uhh wth

lougreen03 12-14-2011 08:43 PM

This is truly a tragic story and i'm sorry you couldn't make it a tribute show car. Hopefully someone doesn't buy it not knowing that it sat for 8 years. I had a truck that sat of and on for 5 years and I had nothing but problems with all the mechanics of it.

Budsjlm 12-14-2011 11:19 PM

well that is unfortunate, but atleast it didn't end up at the crusher... doesn't pa have some fairly strict regulations when it comes to inspection

skylark65 12-15-2011 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by BlackRainSS (Post 391719)
Did U ever find out how it ended up at the dealers? IK some dealer saround here are the same way went to test drive a truck last year, he had to jump it, pump up all 4 tires, and the gas light was on and the truck had been keyed sitting on his lot I was like uhh wth

i asked, but i'm honestly not sure if the lady i talked to even knew where she was let alone anything about the car. and this is definitly the same kind of lot, allways been a dump, last time i saw someone take a test drive the car didin't even make it off the lot before the owner was pushing it back down the driveway, the car puked a big 'ol oil slick right at the end of the lot, lol.

Originally Posted by lougreen03 (Post 391726)
This is truly a tragic story and i'm sorry you couldn't make it a tribute show car. Hopefully someone doesn't buy it not knowing that it sat for 8 years. I had a truck that sat of and on for 5 years and I had nothing but problems with all the mechanics of it.

yeah, that's part of the reasion i wouldin't wanna spend alot of money on it, been sitting way too long. i've already gone through a bunch of little problems with my ranger that i'm sure went undetected because the truck was hardly ever driven.... but it was still driven more than that monte!

Originally Posted by Budsjlm (Post 391767)
well that is unfortunate, but atleast it didn't end up at the crusher... doesn't pa have some fairly strict regulations when it comes to inspection

yeah, PA is fairly rough when it comes to anything automotive. having the car titled sucks, have to pay sales tax, even from a private seller, unless the seller fills out a form and comes to the DMV with you. inspection supposidly sucks, lol, but i've got people for that :D i'm damn thankfull we don't have to do emissions like alot of other county's do.

red04montels 03-06-2012 08:22 PM

This is a pretty cool story, sucks that you didn't end up getting it, that's a high price for the condition that it was in :thumbsdown:

Originally Posted by Montecarloguy07 (Post 182349)
just thought i would let you know that the thing in the trunk you said that you dont know what it was is called a cap or frag capacitor. By the looks of it its a 1 frag cap i think. It stalls extra juice that gets sent to the amp and uses that to help power the amp which helps save the alt and battery life

I think you meant farad not frag, so it'd be a 1 farad cap, it doesn't really save the alt or battery, it just puts a strain on them by draining power since the capacitor can't keep up with how quickly the sub beats.

Also, just curious, I don't mean to disrespect anyone, but why is this a sticky? lol