Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   General Monte Carlo Talk (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/general-monte-carlo-talk-9/)
-   -   my summer project..... (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/general-monte-carlo-talk-9/my-summer-project-15397/)

skylark65 08-16-2009 01:27 PM

my summer project.....

well, i have made mention of the 5th gen i have been after before, but these are the first pics i have of it, so i figure ill post them, along with a lil info on the cars PO, johnny sarer, and the sad events that lead up to the cars abbandonment at his parents house, where it has sat scince 2004....

i do not know much about johnny sarer, what i do know about him is what was printed in the newspapers, which focused on a controversy that rocked our small town, and never once mentioned anything of the good things johnny had done.... you see, johnny was the treasurer for the local volenteer fire co, and in 2003 /4, $60,000 dissapered from the fire co.'s assets.... while johnny, the tresurer was riding around in his coustomized MC. it was beleived that johnny embezzeled the money for his own gains, and all attention of the athoritys was focused on him... johnny lost pretty much everything he had, friends, assets, dignity.... johnny took his own life sometime in 2004. he left behind his wife & infant son.

much of the info on the web on this tragic event seems to be MIA, and i cannot find to much factuall info to go by for dates, ect.... only 1 pocono record article i found even mentions his name, link below:
http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbc...0306/-1/news16

the township froze all of the family assets, and the only thing that remains of johnny's is his time capsule 5th gen MC, which has sat in his parents backyard scince 2004.

the biggest hole in the embezzelment case is that supposidly the $60,000 was recantly FOUND in another account that no one checked..... of course, any info on this seems to be under lock and key, and the whole thing reeks of other persons covering their own behinds....

so, now that you all have an idea of what kind of legal hoops of fire imma have to jump through to obtain johnnys MC, i figure its about time to post some pics:

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o...5/P8150222.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o...5/P8150223.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o...5/P8150233.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o...5/P8150234.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o...5/P8150236.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o...5/P8150225.jpg

check out the milage:

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o...5/P8150227.jpg

alpine head unit & prof. installed sound system:

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o...5/P8150229.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o...5/P8150230.jpg

IDK what this is...

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o...5/P8150231.jpg

the cowl aerea supports life:

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o...5/P8150224.jpg

i have been talking with johnny's parents, they are a nice older couple who really have no one left to help them with basic chores, so i have been volenteering my spare time cleaning up their property a little bit, hauling stuff to the dump for them, just being friendly. johnny's mom, janet is a security gaurd up at my old middle school, so i know her pretty well, and she has been trieing to free the car from the legal cluches of the township, as it is a constant reminder of her son every time she steppes into her yard. she wants to give me the car when it is finally free of all its leans, as she knows that i will take care & pride in its owneship. i plan on basicly cleaning it up & turning it into a tribute show car in memory of johnny.....

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o...5/P8150237.jpg

monte carlo 3831 08-16-2009 02:02 PM

ryan, i'm speechless, i hope everything works out for all parties connected in this terrible situation! i'm sure you would be very greatful to own such a beautiful car and turn it in a tribute car for johnny!! thanks for letting us know your plans and thoughts! see ya

Space 08-16-2009 02:07 PM

:rolleyes:
WoW `Ryan, that's a made 4 TV story 4-Sure.
Those are amaz'in pic's, and it looks like it was a mud runner :eek:
You should sell the movie rights & become a Millionaire : )
It's a great story...Where is Johnnie now ?
I would check every inch of the Monte for hidden $'s : )
Thanks 4 sharing/posting
&
Keep us updated on the next chapter
on the Fire Red Monte Carlo hidden in the woods : )
WoW

skylark65 08-16-2009 02:15 PM

space, i was hoping you might be able to sticky this thred, i want to continue to update info on the car & share with the mcf family....

as for selling the rights to the story, that aint gonna happen, everyone involved in this whole deal has suffered & for me to use that for my own gains is unthinkable to me....
plus i figure my chances of getting the car are better if i dont raise a big stink over it, something tells me someone in the township wants this kept reeeeall quiet....

Space 08-16-2009 02:16 PM

Sarer subsequently committed suicide. A criminal Investigation began due to both the embezzlement and suicide.
:(...WoW, he commitedd Suicide cause he was gona lose
his Monte Carlo :(
It's a made for TV Movie....WoW
Embezzles $'s to Mod his FireEngineRed Monte Carlo.
Now, that's Monte Love.
If I can't drive my Monte, I don't wanta live...
:(
Ryan, sell the movie rights & become a Millionaire : )

It's a Sad Story, but it Real.
Thanks 4 sharing/posting.
Keep us updated on the next chapter :D of the Adventure's
in BuzzKill, Pa
__________________________________________________ ____-

Just read your above post, after I posted this one.
I understand, and I can understand keep'in it silent.
It happens alot where I live 4-Sure.
It is a great story, and I wish U the best.

skylark65 08-16-2009 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by KidSpace (Post 152167)

:(...WoW, he commitedd Suicide cause he was gona lose
his Monte Carlo :(
It's a made for TV Movie....WoW
Embezzles $'s to Mod his FireEngineRed Monte Carlo.
Now, that's Monte Love.
If I can't drive my Monte, I don't wanta live...
:(
Ryan, sell the movie rights & become a Millionaire : )

It's a Sad Story, but it Real.
Thanks 4 sharing/posting.
Keep us updated on the next chapter :D of the Adventure's
in BuzzKill, Pa

thats just it, though. no one knows exactly what his reason for suicide was, no note was found, and johnny was known for being optomistic in the toughist of situations, plus he had an infant son that ment the world to him.... and then, like i said above, the supposid missing funds magicly reappeared, but when the funds were found, it was kept REAL hush-hush.... there are alot of ends in this story that dont tie up...

AwesomeSS 08-16-2009 03:12 PM

Wow Ryan, definitely keep us updated.

Enzo354 08-16-2009 05:27 PM

Thats such a messed up story, good luck man fixing up the car. Make him proud.

skylark65 08-16-2009 08:28 PM

yup, thats pretty much the way i look at it, brock.

i really beleive that johnny would have been a member on the MCF, under his family his MC was his prized possesion... talking with janet, i learned that he had planed to get a set of wheels for it, plus he was talking about a possible swap to a " bigger engine, and maby a manuel trans" as janet put it. the car never saw a PA winter, he had an old white lumina for that!

ps. thanks, space for making this a sticky!

RickAKATed10 08-17-2009 11:12 AM

Holy crap. Good luck with that one.

Budsjlm 08-17-2009 11:32 AM

i see potential hope everything works out

skylark65 09-09-2009 07:22 PM

well, i figured i would make a quick update on the car, Ms. Janet did call the township about it, and talked to the guy who holds the lean on the car, and basicly told them that the lean needs to be lifted so that they can continue cleaningup their house & property.... her husband has bad knees, & they had to postpone his surgury due to an infection.... so she is trying to get things cleaned up & tidy largly by herself.... im supposed to go down there sometime this weekend & help clean in their basement, moving furniture & such, & i might mow & rake some leaves depending on the weather...

anyways when she called the township they said they would work on getting togeather the needed release paperwork.... i think it also needs to be signed by johnnys ex wife, which should go ok because she wants nothing to do with the car..... but hopefully things continue along smoothly & i can rescue this one before its too late....

monte carlo 3831 09-09-2009 07:29 PM

goodluck ryan, i really like that car. your definately going to appreciate it a lot more by helping her out with yard work and other things she needs around her house! your a good kid, i'm really glad i had the chance to meet you at the car show earlier this year! keep us updated, thanks ryan

The Popcorn King 09-10-2009 01:49 PM

Very kewl on the car man. I see a really nice cruiser in the near future.

Jomao_o 11-15-2009 04:14 PM

Crazy/sad story, hope you get to work on the Monte and bring it back to life!
Good luck.

monte07 11-18-2009 06:51 PM

that is a sad sad thing that happened to the guy and i hop every thing works out for you.

Montecarloguy07 12-09-2009 03:37 PM

just thought i would let you know that the thing in the trunk you said that you dont know what it was is called a cap or frag capacitor. By the looks of it its a 1 frag cap i think. It stalls extra juice that gets sent to the amp and uses that to help power the amp which helps save the alt and battery life

American_Muscle 12-16-2009 12:14 AM

crazy story man, but the car looks like it's in good condition besides needing a bath or 3. good luck with it, hope everything works out

skylark65 01-16-2010 04:16 PM

thanks guys. i havent gotten to go "check up" on the car in a while, i know its still there, but i need to go talk with Ms. Janet and see if she has any updates on the car for me. mabe i will get down there tomorrow or monday :)

and MC guy, thanks for the info on the mystery thingie in the trunk. i had no idea what the heck that was, thought it mighta been a fire supressant system for a while, lol. the capasitor makes much better sense! :)

Jomao_o 01-16-2010 08:01 PM

Take ya camera Ryan, update next week with photos!!!!!! lol jk
Hope you comeback with good news.

Montecarloguy07 01-17-2010 12:40 AM

lol no prob man.....hope it all works out for ya

Jomao_o 09-15-2010 10:33 PM

Hey what happened with this?
I remember you saying how the widow was just playing dumb games, and didn't have the intentions of letting you get the car... anything else happen with this Monte?

04chevyboy 11-20-2011 09:58 PM

Hey guys saw this and was wondering whatever happened to the rest of this story?

BlackRainSS 11-20-2011 10:25 PM

Wow just saw the thread and I think that car has some real potential looks great needs a good bath but besides that she looks nice.

skylark65 12-14-2011 04:01 PM

Update!!

been a long time scince i've had a reason to update this thread, but today was definitly enough reason.

lil backround info first.... it's been roughly 2 years scince i last talked to the widow, and about 9-10 months scince i've last talked to the parents (where the car was sitting). scince i pass the car almost every day, i kept an eye on it. about 3 months ago, i noticed someone threw an el-cheapo car cover over the monte. made a mental note to stop by and see what's up, but never got around to it. then, about a month ago i glanced back to where the car sat and it was GONE!! just a big, empty hole where it sat. i feared the worst, figured some scrappy-doo junkman got it and sent it to the crusher.... i was wrong..... sorta.....

fast forward about a month, today i'm driving home and almost wreck my truck after glancing into the local junk-"used car"-lot. noticed, sitting a few cars in, what i thought was a clone to my car... but there's only one other monte that looks like mine, and that's the car i cloned my car to look like.... johnny's MC. pulled a U turn, stopped in the lot and sure enough it's johnny's car....

....with $3,200 soaped on the window :( and whoever had their hands in it was not very kind. it's still filthy, looks like they took it through an auto car wash and whatever it didin't get they just left... subs are gone and most of the wiring looks like it was cut apart with an axe... the car still looks & smells like it was sitting for a long time. the lady in the office let me look it over, but didin't know a damn thing about the car, not even the year.

i'm pissed i never got the chance i wanted to buy the car, no way in hell i'll spend $3000 for it in it's currant condition, but i'm also happy it's getting a second chance to be someone's pride and joy instead of going straight to the crusher.

BlackRainSS 12-14-2011 04:46 PM

Last I remeber If I remember correctly didnt it have only like 60k original miles? for 3k I dont think thats too bad, depending on how it runs etc etc, theres 97 LS montes here for sale that have like 112k or 96k going for $4,500 to $5,200 its crazy.

skylark65 12-14-2011 06:49 PM

honestly it's not a terrable price, for a car with 66,000 miles, best car on that lot for the money by far. but the car needs work from sitting for 8+ years, the dealer barely washed it let alone changed the oil, tires are new but dry rotted, brakes should be gone through, fuel system smells like it's more laquor jello than gas, and the coolant tank is damn near empty. whoever the hell removed the sterio did a number on the wireing, the interior was musty as hell, the passenger seatback was broken, and the faceplate for the sterio was MIA.

if i see it sitting there for a while i may stop back and try to super lowball them, but for now i honestly am content with my clone i've made :D

monte carlo 3831 12-14-2011 07:08 PM

I might have a Z Monte forsale come summer time......:cool:

skylark65 12-14-2011 08:21 PM

already chris?? how come? hell, i might be interested in that one!

monte carlo 3831 12-14-2011 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by skylark65 (Post 391716)
already chris?? how come? hell, i might be interested in that one!

Bills are adding up here and I really only wanted a winter beater. I don't really have much use for it in the summer?

BlackRainSS 12-14-2011 08:31 PM

Did U ever find out how it ended up at the dealers? IK some dealer saround here are the same way went to test drive a truck last year, he had to jump it, pump up all 4 tires, and the gas light was on and the truck had been keyed sitting on his lot I was like uhh wth

lougreen03 12-14-2011 08:43 PM

This is truly a tragic story and i'm sorry you couldn't make it a tribute show car. Hopefully someone doesn't buy it not knowing that it sat for 8 years. I had a truck that sat of and on for 5 years and I had nothing but problems with all the mechanics of it.

Budsjlm 12-14-2011 11:19 PM

well that is unfortunate, but atleast it didn't end up at the crusher... doesn't pa have some fairly strict regulations when it comes to inspection

skylark65 12-15-2011 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by BlackRainSS (Post 391719)
Did U ever find out how it ended up at the dealers? IK some dealer saround here are the same way went to test drive a truck last year, he had to jump it, pump up all 4 tires, and the gas light was on and the truck had been keyed sitting on his lot I was like uhh wth

i asked, but i'm honestly not sure if the lady i talked to even knew where she was let alone anything about the car. and this is definitly the same kind of lot, allways been a dump, last time i saw someone take a test drive the car didin't even make it off the lot before the owner was pushing it back down the driveway, the car puked a big 'ol oil slick right at the end of the lot, lol.

Originally Posted by lougreen03 (Post 391726)
This is truly a tragic story and i'm sorry you couldn't make it a tribute show car. Hopefully someone doesn't buy it not knowing that it sat for 8 years. I had a truck that sat of and on for 5 years and I had nothing but problems with all the mechanics of it.

yeah, that's part of the reasion i wouldin't wanna spend alot of money on it, been sitting way too long. i've already gone through a bunch of little problems with my ranger that i'm sure went undetected because the truck was hardly ever driven.... but it was still driven more than that monte!

Originally Posted by Budsjlm (Post 391767)
well that is unfortunate, but atleast it didn't end up at the crusher... doesn't pa have some fairly strict regulations when it comes to inspection

yeah, PA is fairly rough when it comes to anything automotive. having the car titled sucks, have to pay sales tax, even from a private seller, unless the seller fills out a form and comes to the DMV with you. inspection supposidly sucks, lol, but i've got people for that :D i'm damn thankfull we don't have to do emissions like alot of other county's do.

red04montels 03-06-2012 08:22 PM

This is a pretty cool story, sucks that you didn't end up getting it, that's a high price for the condition that it was in :thumbsdown:

Originally Posted by Montecarloguy07 (Post 182349)
just thought i would let you know that the thing in the trunk you said that you dont know what it was is called a cap or frag capacitor. By the looks of it its a 1 frag cap i think. It stalls extra juice that gets sent to the amp and uses that to help power the amp which helps save the alt and battery life

I think you meant farad not frag, so it'd be a 1 farad cap, it doesn't really save the alt or battery, it just puts a strain on them by draining power since the capacitor can't keep up with how quickly the sub beats.

Also, just curious, I don't mean to disrespect anyone, but why is this a sticky? lol