General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

My monte

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010 | 12:10 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
15 Year Member

Nope, just my GP and Impala- sucks because its so gorgeous out here right now for pictures.

We moved into a little 1 Br/ 1 Ba apt, and don't have room for most of our stuff- plus there is no option for a garage here. So the monte, and 95% of my tools are still back in Indiana, along with probably 3/4 of our stuff. Definitely makes me sad...

Although, on the upside- once we get settled into our jobs, we can start seriously looking for a house (and a garage)- and I can finally start doing some serious modding on the monte.

Old 03-13-2010 | 01:26 AM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by bumpin96monte
Yes, from a 04-07 CTS-V, I picked these up off ebay from a guy that had bought them for another project, but had got laid off and had to sell them. I paid a little over $200 for them loaded with pads (although I hear the pads are crazy dusty, just like my GXP- but I'll give them a shot). The stupid V logo's are definitely going to go (I personally prefer solid color calipers with no logos or words), I've just been trying to think of a color for them. I don't think the silver will stick out very well, especially behind chrome wheels- but I also am not too crazy about going bright red like every other performance application. The nice thing about them is a lot of other performance cars use them, so there are plenty of pad options.

Obviously the CTS-V rotors don't work since those are 6 lug, but these should do fine for now. I got them for a like $120 for the pair new from GM. The only thing I don't like is how crazy heavy they are (its unbelievable when you're used to holding 10 and 11 inch rotors)- I'd like to go with a 2 piece setup down the road with an aluminum center section to keep the weight down- but you're talking at least $800 for a 2 piece rotor in this size, so I'm gonna stick with these for now.
Nice pick up, I personally like the V logos. If you do paint, do them in a subtle blue , and then hope they dont dust haha.

Old 03-13-2010 | 02:06 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
15 Year Member

The V logo isn't bad on a CTS-V, I think it would be out of place on my monte since it wouldn't make sense. I have been definitely thinking about doing blue (deeper than my current calipers are).

The bad thing is, I'm not sure what direction I want to go with the paint on the car once I get a garage. I'm not sure if I want to just do it all in a fresh white- paint the back panel gloss black again (and niteshade the tails so its one big solid black rear strip)- kinda the storm trooper look. Or, my other idea has been to do the whole car in a medium blue- kinda like the R34 skyline blue- almost like a crayola crayon blue- just to do something different. I guess which way I go on that will depend on which way I go with the caliper colors.

Old 04-01-2012 | 08:44 PM

That is badass for sure i am gonna do all this tomine ive been working on piece by piece i cant wait till mine comes together...i also need some help should i just buy the whole supercharged motor or attempt to put the super on mine cause as it sits im gonna get it from the junk yard there is actually three of them butthere all grand prix.....