General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

My Lucky Day!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 03:05 PM
Default My Lucky Day!

So I was going to our local CVS today, to pick up some film for class. I was pulling in to park, and some pedestrians are walking by. That's cool, I stop for them, let them through, ya know.. It's good in the hood, then all the sudden, a car backs up into my passenger door! :'(. Turns out the lady only looked back once and thought it was still good to go. The pedestrians stayed around until the cop left as witnesses. The best part of the whole story is..... WAIT FOR IT!!!....WAIT.... Okay, ready???? SURE??? OK! She has no insurance.. I'm figuring I'll try for an out of court settlement, and if nothing happens there, I'll take her to court and get my cash. To top it all off, when I go inthe storeafter the police leaves with the lady, turns out, they were out of the type of film I needed.

For those who don't know, I got a 97' Monte Carlo LS. It's got a ton of sentimental value to me. I worked for ages saving money for it (at McDonalds at that!), and it's my first car. It hurts! I'm wondering about taking the money from this ordeal and adding the money from my tax return, and getting a 00-02 Monte. LS to SS, whatever fits my needs. I'd appreciate anyone that has suggestions on how to handle the situation, and their input on what to do with the money. Thanks in advance.

Old 10-07-2007, 03:43 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: My Lucky Day!

well its got to be hard to keep the same car forever, sometimes its tiem to say good bye. if you're coming up to the generation VI, get the SS, wonderful cars in my opinion

Old 10-07-2007, 05:05 PM

I know that I would prefer the SS. It's just all a matter of cost. #1 choice would definately be the SS, but I'll see what happens. IDK if I could make a down payment, then pay the rest off monthly or something.

Old 10-07-2007, 07:24 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

We have "no-fault" insurance here in Michigan. Doesn't matter who was at fault, your insurance pays. Did you have full coverage insurance? Being it was in a parking lot, although not parked, you might still be able to collect on your insurance. Worth a call at least.
Wayne
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2319272

Old 10-07-2007, 10:45 PM

Thanks for telling me that, I'll have to check that out. I had minimum considering it was a 97'.

Old 10-08-2007, 06:07 AM

Wow, and out of the film too. I'm sorry man I think you need a newer Monte to cheer you up!

Old 10-08-2007, 06:51 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Since the accident happened in a parking lot (private property) your only action will be to take her to court to get any kind of restitution out of her.

Just today I was at Wally World in my g/f's car. (she'd drving my car)
I was leaving, looked to the left then to the right "Just To Make Sure." Went to pull out and see a car coming from my left. This woman was flying!!!!
I managed to get stopped "Just In Time." She did the same.
I figured she must have been hauling to make it across the distance she did in the time frame she had. I know for a fact there was no one coming from the left. But you know if we'd have contacted she would have claimed it was all my fault.
But I backed a little to let her pass.

well its got to be hard to keep the same car forever,

Not 100% true. And you posted the car means alot to you. See what the damages will cost to repair and go from there.

I still own my very first car. Had it 35 years back in july. Got it when I was 14 yrs old.

Old 10-09-2007, 06:52 PM

Neat story RJ . I think I would take the cash and leave a little dent on the door. Use the money to start saving up. It looks like I'm gonna have to go through court to get the money. The estimate said 600 to fix it, and I don't think that's worth it. (especially considering it only cost $900. Picked up a REAL good deal . Still runs like a beauty!)

Old 10-09-2007, 07:17 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

get it to compensate for the damage done, just because you get the moeny doesn't mean you have to fix the car with it. you can take that money to "compensate the loss of value to the car" and just leave the dent in it. thats what i would do if you don't intend to fix it anyway

Old 10-10-2007, 12:27 PM

I wish i could sue that sign at wendy's lol[:@]

Quick Reply: My Lucky Day!