General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

My close call at the auto car wash!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 12:39 PM
Monte Of The Month -- December 2010
Monte Of The Month -- November 2014
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Angry My close call at the auto car wash!!!!

I originally posted this on today's blog but wanted to start a thread with it in case this has happened to anyone else...

Here is a story from a few months ago to entertain everyone. I took my Monte to an automatic car wash that you sit in your car and it takes you through. Well, the IDIOT car that was in front of me apparently never did this before and took attendant forever to explain to the person to keep foot off break and put in neutral......sooooo anyway, halfway through, that car in front of me put their foot on their brake and left it there so they weren't moving...but I was barely seeing them as I WAS moving and getting too close for comfort! Almost hit them, had to put my brake on and keep it there to stop from getting slammed into them, meanwhile car in BACK of me isn't noticing that I stopped and they are getting closer! They finally put their foot on brake and we were blowing horn for attendant to stop machine! The track kept lifting us up to try to push us forward as we were staying on the brake. So the attendant stopped machine and went up to guy in front of me who was causing all this, trying to explain process AGAIN! Well, that lasted only a minute because when they got to the end, they just sat there with their brakes on and we were getting pushed forward again! WTF! And I couldn't get out to beat the crap out of them because of the machines around/against my doors. So again after a talk with attendant they finally moved out the exit. I was BOILING by this point! So once I was done they were sitting there at the stop sign and I immediately went to run up to them to go off on them and they drove away as I was on my way to their car. The guy behind me pulled to the side too because he thought he hit me but it was just the track lifting the cars. I mean this was a matter of an inch or 2 before I would have turned into a Monte sandwich! I was so mad and shook up! Why wasn't there a safety thing in that car wash that kicks in if someone stops and puts their brakes on that it stops the rest of the cars from running into eachother??? If I wasn't paying attention in front of me, barely seeing through the soap and washer thingys it would have been a mess! And I would probably have been in jail for assault!!!!!! Ok, I'm done now.

Lisa

Old 06-08-2010, 12:42 PM

probably some kid doing it because he was being an idiot. or trying to stay under the washers longer for a better clean

Old 06-08-2010, 12:50 PM

Why were you at a Automatic Carwash. A deep puddle would clean better...:p

Old 06-08-2010, 12:53 PM

No, took forever for guy to even enter tracks with attendant explaining things over and over before he even started, maybe he didn't understand english. But it was scary. Just my luck that this guy is in front of me I was saying to myself and sure enough was almost a disaster! Very close call. He had no idea what he was doing.

Old 06-08-2010, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Dyonysis
Why were you at a Automatic Carwash. A deep puddle would clean better...:p

lol, true

Old 06-08-2010, 01:32 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

That's one reason I don't go through automatic car washes - you're just asking for trouble!

Old 06-08-2010, 01:40 PM

I haven't been back to one since.........

Lisa

Old 06-08-2010, 01:58 PM

Yet another reason to avoid "scratch washes"...............i mean car washes!

Old 06-08-2010, 02:30 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

People are dumb.

Old 06-08-2010, 04:17 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Its a crazy story! Feels good knowing such idiots out there are allowed to drive amougst us! They're everywhere! How do they even get licensed why

Quick Reply: My close call at the auto car wash!!!!