General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

My 1977 Monte Carlo

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 08:01 PM
Default My 1977 Monte Carlo

I just bought this 1977 Monte Carlo for $750. It is very rusty but the frame, trunk, and floor are all solid. It has no dents but the body is rusted pretty bad. 305 V8, new radiator hoses, fuel pump, camshaft and lifters, transmission line, brakes, power steering pump, dual exhaust. The bumpers have no rust and the bumper fillers are perfect. The interior is clean other than 2 cracks on the dash and its faded slighty. I have all the original trim that came with the car. Runs and drives good but there is an engine noise, sounds like a knock? I really want to fix this car up do you guys think it is worth it?

Old 09-02-2012, 08:56 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Depending on how much of the work you can do yourself I think its worth it. Most of the body panels should be available. It really depends on how much you want to do to it. Is it gonna be a fully restored show car or just a nice daily driver. Most importantly if you love the car I say go for it.

Old 09-02-2012, 09:50 PM

Maybe fully restored eventually but right now it is my daily driver. I have looked for body panels and luckily they are very easy to find brand new or used and all the sheetmetal is available including the roof, patch panels or full panels so thats good, unlike my 84 Buick which is impossible to find anything for lol. I'm planning on filling all the holes with bondo and making it look at least decent and then just saving up and bying a fender here, a door there, and then when I have all the parts I'll have it all put together and painted, if things go as planned. I love the bodystyle of this car and it drives amazingly well and smooth and has no leaks or anything.