General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

My 07 SS

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 11:43 AM
Default My 07 SS

Well, I finally got the car. I have managed to post pics in the album section, (page8)but this one was too big, so here it is. All the personal touches are shown, and as I stated before, I'm interested in the opinions of the true Monte enthusiasts.......YOU, the members of this forum.
Ads ons include:
Black body side moulding
SS logos on inside door panels
Chrome Monte badges on lower rear quarter panels
Door sill kit.

And by the way it goes like sh........t. WOW

Old 01-19-2007, 11:52 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member
Default RE: My 07 SS

hey, looks very good those rims look great on that car

glad to hear its finally done for you

i like it

nice

Old 01-19-2007, 12:11 PM

looks pretty good... I was thinking of doing the SS on the inside of the doors too, and after seeing yours, I know I'm going to - that looks slick!

too bad they drilled the front bumper and put the license plate bracket on though....

Old 01-19-2007, 12:14 PM

[align=center]-Bill -[/align][align=center][:-]I loveit [:-][/align][align=center]WoW[/align][align=center]It's beautiful.....safe/happy miles [/align][align=center]2 you[/align][align=center]in your new SS[/align][align=center][:-]Click image 2 enlarge [:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][[sm=hail.gif][sm=hail.gif][sm=hail.gif][sm=hail.gif][/align][align=center]Now, that's a BAD AZZ Monte Carlo[/align][align=center][IMG]local://upfiles/714/9D6BDE3AD9AE43EABAA1FA81FF470EEE.jpg[/IMG] [/align]

Old 01-19-2007, 12:19 PM

Yea, I think they look a lot nicer without the front plate bracket, but up here in Ontario, its the law, you must run the front plate. Seems kind og dumb to me, the Government could save a lot of money by just issuing one plate instead of two, and still charge the same licence fee. And anyway, what real purpose does the front plate serve, if you need to take someones plate number, he is usually trying to get away from you. If he was coming at me, I sure as hell wouldn't be worried about his plate number.

Old 01-19-2007, 12:20 PM

Looks great.I do like the door sills.I ordered a set from GM pastsdirect.They arrived on Wednesday.It figures now it got really cold here and it is supposed to be 70 - 80 degrees to install them.I can get my garage up to around 65 when it is below freezing outside,I thought maybe warming it up with a hairdryer also would be enuogh to make it work,but I haven't decided yet.Glad to hear you are impressed with the power of the V8.It shocked me too after driving a 2000 V6 SS prior to getting the 06.If you turn off the traction control,it really eliminates most of the torque steer,even jumping on it while already up to speed.GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-19-2007, 12:28 PM

Yep, the power is impressive. Thanks for the tip LaserBlue06SS, I will remember about the traction control. She's so new, I haven't really hit it yet, but just stepping on it a little at any speed, sure lets you know that you had better hang on. I can't imagine yet how it would feel hitting it hard from a standing start. Besides, I understand the tires on the thing are $200 plus.

They installed my door sills at the dealership, in their service department, and I don't think it was any more than 65 degrees in there, and they seem to stick OK.

Old 01-19-2007, 12:33 PM

Hey Space, thanks for adding the thumbnail image. Boy when you enlarge in, it's the best picture I have of the car yet, somehow it really shows off the colour. Thanks again.

Old 01-19-2007, 12:53 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

i see by the pic. you got hit by the same ice storm that i did a few days back now...are you driving that through the winter with the rims on it??

Old 01-19-2007, 01:14 PM

Sure am. I'm heading to Florida for the month of February,(Leaving on Feb 1)so I hope their won't be any ice or snow there. Thats one of the reasons I ordered the wheels with the car, in the warranty manual, it states that any GM accessories ordered and installed on the car at original delivery, carry the same warranty as the rest of the car. I assume this means that any surface deterioration because of normal weather conditions are warranted. If I do see any problems, you can bet I will be after GM.

I do have the other stock 18" wheels should I want to use them for winter, but if I get a chance, I will be selling them to offset the cost. Know anyone that wants a set of 18" Monte Wheels - 0 miles of use??