General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

6th Gen ('00-'05): A Mouse in my car!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 11:36 AM
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default A Mouse in my car!!!

So....I went to the beach Friday and came home Sunday. I went to leave for work this morning and I am driving down the road and this thing catches my eye and there is a mouse on my windshield!! So I pull over to get it off before it goes into my car and there is baby on its back and it runs down in my door jam. I then scared it out of there and it went up in my fender somewhere. I then drove to work. I hope it is gone!! I found a small nest under the plastic motor cover up by the valve cover. It chewed the foam off of part of the cover. I got it out and I think the stupid thing chewed some of my wires! So how do you guys keep mice out of your montes? Are there any suggestions on how to make sure it doesn't happen again? The car was only parked for three days and I know it wasn't there when I left. How can I keep them darn rodents away without stinking up my car with mothballs?

Old 08-06-2012, 11:39 AM

Lmfao that is funny bro
Dunno how to avoid mice but maybe someone here knows something

Old 08-06-2012, 11:41 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I had a mouse / chipmunk / something make a nest in the same spot. Chewed through my injector wires there and I had to get them fixed

You can put moth ***** in socks (black socks) and stuff them in a couple places in the engine bay and that should keep them away.

Old 08-06-2012, 11:44 AM

mice always seem to find the air box on every atv ive ever owned an stuff it full of anything they can find lol

Old 08-06-2012, 11:44 AM

Below are some links to check out..I hope they help
  1. How to Keep Mice, Rats and Other Rodents Out of Your Car Engine < Click
  2. May 3, 2012 – Mice, rats and other rodents can do surprising damage in your car engine and other automotive parts. How you you keep them out of your ...
  3. How to Keep Squirrels Out of Car Engines | eHow.com< CLick

How to Keep Squirrels Out of Car Engines. The warmth of a car engine is a highly prized spot for small animals like squirrels looking for a place to get away from ...

4. Keep rats out of your car with moth *****. < CLick

Keep rats out of your car with moth *****. ... they need to take shelter anywhere they can, including inside the engine compartments of our cars.

<~ Video on Mouse In Cars

Old 08-06-2012, 11:54 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

The same thing happened to my father in law's truck and it is driven daily. The foam under the engine cover and the insulation on the firewall were all packed into the air box. He couldn't figure out why it felt so sluggish. Mothball in socks like Chibi said or they do make some sprays to keep rodants away but I think you would have to reapply a lot.

Old 08-06-2012, 12:43 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

put some steel wool in the engine bay, they can't bite through it so they leave, has worked for me the last two winters.

Old 08-06-2012, 12:49 PM
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thanks for the input guys. Thank you Space for the links. I can't believe that it happened. When I get home I am going to have to check the engine bay over really well and make sure all the wires are ok. It seems when it rains it pours. I am having a lot of other problems with the car that just started. It is almost paid off too......seems to be the way it goes. I am going to make another thread about my issues and see what you guys think.

Old 08-06-2012, 02:04 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I remember someone with a 5th gen had mice make a nest in his engine bay. Destroyed the wire harness. The guy didn't notice until he tried to start it. His PCM was fried, the wire harness was ruined. He said the insurance company totalled his car.

Old 08-06-2012, 04:37 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

I had a mouse in my camaro once, ran up my dads leg, ive never seen someone get out of a 4th gen f body so fast

Quick Reply: 6th Gen ('00-'05): A Mouse in my car!!!