General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

More 7TH Gen Findings

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 01:08 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008
Default RE: More 7TH Gen Findings

ORIGINAL: 07MonteSS

Who cares..its fast..well mine is ...thats whats cool!
This is definitely not the same website I signed onto 18 months ago.....sigh...[]

Old 01-11-2008, 07:20 AM

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: SolaraSlayer

ORIGINAL: 07MonteSS

Who cares..its fast..well mine is ...thats whats cool!
This is definitely not the same website I signed onto 18 months ago.....sigh...[]
[/align][align=center]GP `Dave, Like `Life, the MCF is in constant change.[/align][align=center]Nothing stays the same.[/align][align=center]Great find/infor on the 7th Generation Monte Carlo.[/align][align=center]Lucky 7 for sure : )[/align][align=center]I've updated my Topic Thread "What Generation is your Monte",[/align][align=center]to reflect your new foundinformation. Thanks for being a Super[/align][align=center]Contributing Members. We must filter out, or block the[/align][align=center]bad and continue on our journey's.[/align][align=center]The journey is so much better in a Monte Carlo, and better[/align][align=center]yet `if you can hear the sounds of twin 40's : )[/align][align=center]Peace/Out/EnJoy[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Below link to "What Generation is your Monte Carlo".[/align][align=center][:-]Click `it 2 see [:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]https://montecarloforum.com/m_17886/..._/tm.htm#17886[/align]

Old 01-11-2008, 11:55 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

GPD,
You've been busy haven't you.

So much information. I'd almost swear you were related to Space? (j/k space)

Does it matter to me my car is considered a 6th or 7th gen Monte? Yes and no.

Yes for getting the recognition it deserves.
No because it's not worth making my Monte friends mad over whether or not there was a 7th gen Monte.

The Monte Mill information you posteda link to. I beleive Thomas who more or less runs Monte Mill Generations may have "Made" the information posted? In the sense he did some research and found other's who call the '06/07 Montes a 7th gen Monte. Not that he would mislead someone. Just that it may not be 100% correct information to live by.

Old 01-11-2008, 12:18 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

RJ,

I am standing by the fact that GM screams that the new CTS is the "NEW GENERATION" Catera.

They did exactly to it what they did to it what they did to our cars.

1. Body "Face Lift."

2. Beefed up suspension, frame & wheel base.

3. Beefed up power plant.

4. Interior modifications

Old 01-11-2008, 12:57 PM

Next month it will be 2 years since I picked up my brand new 2006 SS.I traded in my 2000 SS at that time.I can still remember turning the key in the 2006 for the first time,with the salesman in the car to set up the onstar and explain all the features.As soon as that V8 fired up,I felt like this car was something totally different than my 2000.On the drive home I really felt like it was different as well.It had a totally different "feel" than what I was used to.It sat different,handled different,braked different,the dash and all controls were different,and the difference in power...well you can't even begin to describe that.Sure,it shares the quarter panels and roof with the 00-05,but that is about it. I can say it does feel like a different generation to drive one.Maybe those that claim there is no 7th generation never really owned or drove one.

After almost 2 years of owning it,I still get a rush every time I drive it.My 2000 never got to me like that.

Old 01-11-2008, 02:23 PM
rj
15 Year Member

Hey, I understand how you feel about the car. The '06 SS I test drove was an incredible car.

Sure,it shares the quarter panels and roof with the 00-05,but that is about it. I can say.......

Facts booklet I have on '06 Impalas/Montes says there is a difference.

Old 01-11-2008, 02:27 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

i can see the difference.. the roof is just slightly different as well. its very minute, but there

Old 01-11-2008, 02:34 PM

From driving my g/f's 04 LS, one of my buddies 04 ss/sc, and an 04 that I testdroveand mine. Mine feels so much different, better handling, better braking, rides better, more powerful with this 3.9,I think looks better. I mean that could be me and how I feel about my car, but I could feel the differance in just about everything.

Old 01-12-2008, 08:30 PM
rj
15 Year Member

I bought another '06 Impala/Monte press booket off ebay. It came in the mail today. Inside it says about the Impala/Monte "All new styling and handling."

Old 01-12-2008, 10:20 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

well of course RJ... it wasn't going to say "just the same old stuffin a slightly different package."

i still agree it in calling it a 7th generation.. i'm just saying the GM is tryign to sell their product.

Quick Reply: More 7TH Gen Findings