General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

monte ss

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2016, 10:21 PM
Default monte ss

so......getting a trouble code ,,,number 2 injecter.anyone ever done cleaning..ive got 76 000 miles.....never been pro cleaned to injectors.is it worth having it done by pro...or can I do at home?probably gummed up...since I use middle grade with ethanol/.supposed to use hi test.......I occasionally run cleaner in gas tank........and was told I don't get on it enough........and thoughts?

Old 07-28-2016, 10:23 PM

should I use cleaner system on car...or should I take each one out?

Old 07-28-2016, 10:24 PM

this is supercharged by the way...3.8 v6........

Old 08-01-2016, 02:39 AM

try cleaning tour throttle body and MAF sensor, cheap and easy also your

Old 08-03-2016, 02:30 PM

Not that it's related to your injector issue, but it seems pretty silly to run mid grade fuel on an engine designed for premium. If you didn't want to run premium fuel, why not buy a naturally aspirated 3800 car?

With that said, just dumping some cleaner in the tank isn't going to fix your injectors if they really are plugged. The solution will end up pretty diluted after it mixes with the gas in the tank.

About the best you can do at home is to get one of those pressurized cleaners that you hook in in place of your fuel system. There are a couple of downsides though:

-they are limited by what solvents they can run because it still needs to be able to run the engine as well.
-since the car will just be idling/ low engine speed, the injectors aren't open that long so it can take awhile to completely clean them

IMO, the best option for cleaning is to send them out to a place that does cleaning and flow matching. They can run very aggressive solvents, and keep the injectors at a very high duty cycle to observe spray patterns and such. Of course the downside is that is it is pretty expensive (albeit a lot cheaper than buying new oem injectors).