General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

7th Gen ('06-'07): monte problem will not start

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 04:43 PM
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Unhappy monte problem will not start

it is getting power but there is no power getting to the computer or the starter. how i found out there is no power going to the computer or computer problem i threw a scan tool on it and it reads lync error try again? and i have replaced the starter and the fuel pump primes and it has been replaced when i had a missfire it was leaning out ontop of the missfire. wich caused my head issue. i am wondering is could it be my bcm because i had replaced both of my keys. because my original one broke when i opened my door. the lock smith made two for me and it was the same day i ordered key fabs for it. i dont know if it is a bcm or the ecu problem because i dont have the funds right now to get it towed to get it looked at. also to havbe the funds to get it looked at to get it fixed. talk about irony because i just put on my stb's front and back and i defenetly know i didnt fool around with any wires

Old 04-03-2012, 04:54 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
15 Year Member

start simple, fuses, check power wire, grounds and conections

Old 04-03-2012, 05:06 PM
15 Year Member

i did all of that and still couldent find any thing it is really stumping my when it first noticed it this morning i took the battery out had it tested it checked out fine. then went after the starter checked all the wires and every thing there fine, also i replaced the starter as well thinking it was that boy i think i am dumb for that still nothing i spun the motor by the the harmonic balencer pully bolt the engine spun and it spins. no gunk on the wires for the coil pack and i even threw in a coupl of wires for grounds. around the altinator and the other side of the engine. i even checked the fuel pressure still fine. i am puzzeled to be honest just wish we still had obd I cars to be honest. i could nerro every thing down faster and fix it faster then now with obd II

Old 04-03-2012, 05:09 PM
15 Year Member

what i mean by the motor spins by the bolt i threw a long breaker bar type of wrachet ans see if the engine rotated it did. i didnt use the starter when the engine was spun it was by hand

Old 04-03-2012, 06:20 PM
15 Year Member

i am off tomorrow and i am going to make some grounds and put them on and to see if it will helps any to see if a ground some where broke. i would hate if a ground broke last night while i avoided hitting a gator or crock that was crossing the road even though it sounds funny it is florida i live in. i know i hit the tail with my back tire but i know it didnt do damage to the tire but it jerked the car horribly ans it spune me in a 180 went one way and ended up pointing the other. i dont know if it ruined the trans or some thing like that. i know the trans are the week link for our monte's. i had a auto in the cugar my dad has go bad and did the same till i droped the trans and put in a used one for grins and giggels and it started right up. i hope it is not the trans because it is the first front wheel drive i ever owened that went bad

Old 04-04-2012, 11:30 AM
15 Year Member
Angry

ever since i relocated there wires to here i cant get my monte started i am frustrated. i moved them to there to get the stb brackets installed and i am not sure if there is some thing is messed up because i moved them on top of the bracet sill didnt want to start i am wondering i ruined some thing

Attached Thumbnails monte problem will not start-017.jpg  
Old 04-04-2012, 04:53 PM
15 Year Member

does any one have any ideas what it could be it ran fien the night before. before i put on the stb and brakets and now i am at a loss. because suspention shouldent mess up electrical or the bcm should it??

Old 04-04-2012, 10:47 PM

did you try putting it back and seeing what happens?

Old 04-04-2012, 11:23 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member

What do you mean, you "relocated wires"? Did you just move them or was there cutting involved? If you cut something, double check there first, maybe you mixed something up. Sounds to me like a problem with the wiring harness or the PCM. Don't rule out the BCM though.

Old 04-05-2012, 06:42 AM
15 Year Member

i moved them didnt cut any of the wires. i removed the stud that the wires were bolted to and that was it but i looked where the stud was there was nothing else conected to where it was. i looked every where related on where the wires were and checked the conections all of them are conected and it is frustrating because there is nothing over stretched or pulled out it is frustrating. the bcm is what i am thinking but i dont know why there would be a problem there because when i do my breaks it would do the sam right?

Quick Reply: 7th Gen ('06-'07): monte problem will not start