General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Monte Carlo timing belt replacement procedure

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2016, 07:49 AM
Default Monte Carlo timing belt replacement procedure

I am quite confused by the post on replacing the timing belt on the 3.4 z34 Monte Carlo I am on my second 3.4 motor this time in a 95 Chevy Lumina in my 96 Monte Carlo my transmission shifting from 1st to 2nd at 6800 RPM upon which after repeatedly doing this I burnt 6 to 8 inches of my timing belt before it snaps sharing all the teeth off the belt in that 6 to 8 inch area at no time whatsoever was there ever a possibility of the valves interfering with the Pistons what in the world are you talking about

Old 03-19-2016, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Robert Evans
I am quite confused by the post on replacing the timing belt on the 3.4 z34 Monte Carlo I am on my second 3.4 motor this time in a 95 Chevy Lumina in my 96 Monte Carlo my transmission shifting from 1st to 2nd at 6800 RPM upon which after repeatedly doing this I burnt 6 to 8 inches of my timing belt before it snaps sharing all the teeth off the belt in that 6 to 8 inch area at no time whatsoever was there ever a possibility of the valves interfering with the Pistons what in the world are you talking about

Hi Robert,
I'm quite confused by your 1st Post What post are you referring to ?