General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Info: monte recall valve cover gasket

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2016, 01:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default monte recall valve cover gasket

I just received the updated letter concerning the recall on my 03' monte about the valve cover gasket replace. has anybody had this done yet? first letter said something about the gasket, the oil filler neck and engine cover if I remember correctly. I don't want them to take my engine cover or my oil neck! the cover I can leave at home, but the oil neck holds it in place,if they screw that up ??? just don't wanna be first I guess!! lol!!

Old 03-16-2016, 05:15 PM

I had mine replaced yesterday. I removed the engine cover a while ago and the oil cap will screw right onto the old valve cover. The new valve cover is black plastic and the oil cap is new. If I decide to put the cover back on it will be over the new oil cap. I would not bother to use the old neck even though I have it. They also did the key recall and an oil change while there.

Old 03-20-2016, 04:35 PM
Question

Could you post a picture of the new valve cover please? I'd like to see what it looks like before I have this done. If you can't post a pic, let me know how you think it looks. I most likely won't have this done if it looks like cheap junk. Thanks.