General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Monte Carlo Show @ MIS

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 12:16 PM
Default Monte Carlo Show @ MIS

All Chevrolet Monte Carlo Owners[/b]
[/b] Announcing the 4th Annual
Montes @ MIS
Saturday April 21 2007
To be held at
Michigan International Speedway
2 Mile High Banked Nascar Track
This event will be open to all Monte Carlo’s (1970-2007). There will be a car show inside the track and all cars will have the opportunity to drive at least 2 and ½ laps on the track (speed to be determined). Cars will be numbered and allowed onto the track in the same order paid confirmation is received. Cars will be judged by participant voting. The cost will be $45.00 Per Car (U.S. Funds) for the 1 day event which covers the show, awards, track time and lunch at the track. Awards will be given out in 13 different classes. New this year on Friday evening there will be a scavenger hunt for anyone interested in participating.. If you are interested in attending please send your Name Address Phone Number Email Address Year and Model (ls ss pc) of Monte Carlo and a cheque for $45.00 (US Funds) addressed to
Mike Breeden 5702 Angola Rd. #114 Toledo, OH 43615
There are rooms at each of the following hotels. Holiday Inn Express (517)-265-5873 ,Super 8 (517)-265-8888 . Please let the Hotel know that you are with the Monte Carlo group. They are located in Adrian, Michigan.
If you have any questions/concerns please e-mail me montess@bex.net
Thanks Mike BreedenCheck out the website below for more information and lots of photos from previous eventshttp://www.montesspace2000.20megsfree.com

Old 02-28-2007, 12:45 PM
Default RE: Monte Carlo Show @ MIS

[align=center]HiBob & Welcome to the Monte Carlo Forum[/align][align=center]Thanks for your post & Super Web Site[/align][align=center]It's great to see that many awesome Monte's together[/align][align=center]for the Love of the Monte Carlo.[/align][align=center]It sounds like a super event for all Monte Carlo Owners. I wish I had the funds to have the fun : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I hope that some of our members can participate.[/align][align=center](R.J. you can represent us : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Please keep the MCF informed & please post some pictures of the event.[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]I hope that you have a large turn out & that the [/align][align=center]Main Dude provides a beautiful day for the event.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Oh, please advise your Monte Carlo friends of our[/align][align=center]forum. We have a great membership and many[/align][align=center]terrific Monte Carlo's.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Thanks again for joining our forum & for sharing[/align][align=center]your special event with us.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Wish you and your Monte Carlo friends[/align][align=center]Safe & Happy miles as you travel your highways[/align][align=center]of life in your Monte Carlo's.[/align][align=center]`SpaceRider[/align][align=center][sm=gears.gif][/align]

Old 02-28-2007, 12:51 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

i'm debating this...might be a fun thing to do

Old 02-28-2007, 01:41 PM

Thanks SpaceRider for the welcome .I just found this site and think I will be able to enjoy my time here .There appears to be a wealth of information. .I have attended all of the shows @MIS so far and have enjoyed them all regardless of the weather.The attendance has increased each year along with the quality of the show and getting to know the people is great..
Mike Breeden is the organizer of the event and he does an awesome job arranging everything.

If you're going to go to one show this year this is the one to pick.

Bob

Old 02-28-2007, 01:52 PM

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: wiz kidd

i'm debating this...might be a fun thing to do
[/align][align=center]Moderator Wiz Kidd, I hope that you can go : )[/align][align=center]You and your Limited Edition Tony Stewart Monte Carlo SS[/align][align=center]would represent our forum and make us proud : )[/align][align=center]You areless then4 hours away: ) maybe only 3 hours[/align][align=center]in a SuperCharged SS Monte : )[/align][align=center]I wish I could afford to go, but I would love to see pic's of[/align][align=center]your Monte Carlo on the Michigan International Speedway.[/align][align=center][sm=happy046.gif][/align][align=center][:-]That would be Awesome [:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]

Old 02-28-2007, 01:55 PM
5 Year Member

yah, i'd love to go, i'll talk it over with the wife and decide if she wants to go for a drive i think it would be fun, i've been on that track before with a pit pass...actually like 3 or 4 times...its a pretty nice track...doesn't make for the most interesting race...but its nice ...

as for the drive..its a little over 3 hours till you hit the traffic going into it for the race..lol if your going like 90mph the whole way...but if you stick around 75-80mph its close to 4 hours

Old 02-28-2007, 02:10 PM

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: wiz kidd

yah, i'd love to go, i'll talk it over with the wife [sm=bicker.gif]and decide if she wants to go [sm=boohoo.gif]for a drive i think it would be fun [sm=bounceybounce.gif], i've been on that track before with a pit pass...actually like 3 or 4 times...its a pretty nice track...doesn't make for the most interesting race...but its nice ...

as for the drive..its a little over 3 hours till you hit the traffic going into it for the race..lol if your going like 190mph [sm=gears.gif][sm=bustedsign.gif]the whole way...but if you stick around 75-80mph its close to 4 hours but, the Wiz Kidd doesn't know how to drive that slow : )
[/align][align=center]Wiz Kidd: [sm=boohoo.gif]: Please, can I go[/align][align=center]Mrs Wiz Kidd: []: Wiz, no U can't go[/align][align=center]Wiz [sm=boohoo.gif]: Please Sweetie, I'll let you go shopping[/align][align=center]Mrs. Wiz Kidd : []Ok Wiz, but I keep the Credit Card : )[/align][align=center]Wiz I Love U `Sweetie : )[/align][align=center][sm=happy046.gif][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][sm=gears.gif][/align][align=center]Oh-Oh, I forgot something.[/align][align=center]Sorry `Sweetie[/align][align=center]I'll take pictures 4 U : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]

Old 02-28-2007, 02:18 PM
5 Year Member

LMAO!!![sm=funnypostabove.gif][sm=groupwave.gif]

Old 02-28-2007, 02:32 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I've wanted to go for the past couple of years. Ever since I first heard about it. I gave a lot of thought to going last year in my '86 LS but once again never made it.

When I got the '06 I knew I'd have to go!!!

But as luck would have it, my girlfriend's been laid off more then she's worked this year. She's worked two weeks so far in 2007.

So it looks like 2007 will be another missed year as far as this event goes. Just like attending the car event at the convention center in Cleveland the weekend of march 17, 18. They're suppose to have a display for '57 Chevies with '07 being the 50th anniversary.

Old 02-28-2007, 11:18 PM

[align=center]RJ, I can relate to being low on funds = no fun : ([/align][align=center][/align][align=center]It sounds like a great event at Michigan International Speedway with [/align][align=center]all those Monte's from all generations : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I hope that Moderator Wiz Kidd can go and post some pic's of the event[/align][align=center]or maybe Bob will post pic's and a review.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]If any MCF members is going, please post & lets us know...`ok[/align][align=center]RJ,[/align][align=center]Maybe you could have your girlfriend have a Car Wash to raise the money : )[/align][align=center]for the trip : ) or have your own car show : ) and charge admission.[:'(][/align][align=center]You have some beautiful Monte's to show : )[/align][align=center][align=center][/align][IMG]local://upfiles/714/EE19927702C54DB59D9E838DB60C4E43.jpg[/IMG]
No Money = No Funny
[IMG]local://upfiles/714/A9E1D35B97BD4318AD1CEC830EB8557C.gif[/IMG] [/align][align=center][:-]Please send all donations to `Space[/align][align=center]for his college fun,[/align][align=center]his Monte payment,[/align][align=center]his insurance payment,[/align][align=center]for gas,[/align][align=center]Thanks & I wish U a Happy,[/align][align=center]`Space[/align]

Quick Reply: Monte Carlo Show @ MIS