General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Monte Carlo's FIRST car show!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 01:10 AM
Default Monte Carlo's FIRST car show!

I finally took my Monte Carlo to it's VERY FIRST car show. I've only been participating in car shows for 1yr with my 2008 ROUSH Mustang. I picked up the Monte last October and I decided to take it to a show down the road at a local drive in. The date was June 1st. This particular diner has two car shows a year, both are on a Tuesday; after Memorial Day and after Labor Day. Here are the pics:

It was actually one of three Monte Carlos there. There were two 4th Gen Montes. One was actually parked next to me when I arrived. A silver 85 Monte with T-tops. It was in pretty rough shape, need some work, AND a wash! The other I've seen before... GORGEOUS burgandy Monte. The paint is so deep you can dip your fingers in it. It has new chrome rims and a cowl induction hood. It's been totally restored and i definetly have my eye on it if it ever goes up for sale. Maybe I'll post some pics of those other Montes later in this thread. I also had a woman discuss in detail with my father who came about HER 2000 Monte Carlo pace car that she owns. It's red, just like mine. She liked what I had, maybe I'll see her around and we can swap seats!!! I also had quite a few couples looking at both my cars, the guy would say "I'll take the Mustang, you can have the Monte" to his significant other...

I spent most of the day prior to the show cleaning up the engine bay. I had a guy ask me if I did my own detail work... DUH!! Who doesn't?

One thing my cars had that NONE of the other car shows had were the documentation. I have the original window sticker for BOTH my cars along with various brochures and the coveted "certificate of authenticity"! My Mustang actually has a three ring binder about 50 pages or so with all the reciepts for all the modifications, all the paperwork from when I ordered it, various Ford and ROUSH brochures and pamphlets and before and after pictures.

All in all it was a fun show. Stayed around for about 4 hours, had a quick bite to eat at the diner, the have AWESOME onion rings! As usual, I was one of the last cars to leave.

Last edited by #2726; 06-06-2010 at 01:18 AM.
Old 06-06-2010, 02:23 AM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Looks like you had a great time. It looks very good sitting there, makes me want a dale jr.

Old 06-06-2010, 05:01 AM

Super Thread/Super Rides
4-Sure

I love both your rides...You are a very lucky man.
Like the way you displayed your awesome machines
with documentation & photo's.
Thanks for posting & sharing with your Monte Carlo Family.
Which one do you drive the most ?
Which one is faster ?
What's your H.P. in your Roush Mustang ?
Does it have a standard or auto transmission ?
How did you do at the show ?

Old 06-06-2010, 07:39 AM
Monte Of The Month -- December 2010
Monte Of The Month -- November 2014

I can't have my hood open....hides the effect of my stripes. Yours looked real nice in the pics! It's great to meet other car people. I have a friend with 3 new Challengers(soon to be 4) and a Shelby Cobra GT500, so sometimes I have someone to hang with at a cruise with newer cars.

Old 06-06-2010, 09:09 AM

Love that Mustang of yours, great pics.

Old 06-06-2010, 02:00 PM

Thanks for all the reception! It is fun at the car shows, you meet all kinds of interesting people AND it's a great place to get information on future projects and assitance as well. It's kind of like a forum!

As for the cars: My Monte was actually purchased last October as a daily driver. My Mustang is stored in the winter and with all the options my Stang has I wanted something a little more high end than just a lonely 3.4 LS Monte for the winter months (which can be a tad long in Minnesota). I don't have too far to drive for work, so the Monte is a daily driver but is still kept VERY clean and immaculate. I do however try to avoid nasty weather when I can with BOTH cars... they both stay in a nice, warm garage!

The Mustang is primed and ready for an M90 ROUSHcharger in the coming weeks, which will bump up the HP to right around 450+ and around 400tq. Bone stock ROUSHchargers are an additional 135hp putting a stock 4.6L 300hp Mustang to right around 435hp. I have some additional mods, including a ROUSH CAI, and a high boost s/c pressure pulley which will put me right around 445-450 at the crank. When it's done it will be a ROUSH Stage 3 clone.

It is an automatic. I wasn't really supposed to go this all out with the Mustang, it too was supposed to be just a daily driver, had I known I would have done a lOT of things differently; like a manual transmission (I'd have to learn to drive, but I understand the concept).

I really enjoy BOTH cars. I'll decide car show to car show which car I end up taking, but I'll definetly provide MORE pictures!

I've never won any kind of award or trophy in the year I've been doing this. I don't plan on it. At this particular show, a 1968 Camaro won both trophies available. It was nice but not THAT nice. Most car shows are politcal around here. It's not how nice your car is, it's WHO you are and WHO you know. I've been to NUMEROUS car shows with my Mustang, and I've had the largest crowds and most comments of ANY car at the show, and still no awards whatsoever... not even an honorable mention. But, as I stated in the first paragraph, it's all about the event and meeting new people, not about trophies and awards. I'll still contiue attending for the time being and i'll keep the posts coming!

Thanks again for all the feedback, comments and kind words!

Old 06-06-2010, 04:08 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

I'm glad you had a great time! Car shows can be addicting! I know what you mean about politics and it's a real shame. I don't do well at participant judged shows so I usually go non judged (if I have to pay money to enter). I do pretty well with the judged shows, I just won 1st place at a show today with the 03 - beat out an 08 Shelby GT500! This will be my 8th year participating in car shows.

Last edited by AwesomeSS; 06-06-2010 at 10:09 PM.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:49 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

mann i'm soo jealous of you! you got 2 great cars =)

Old 06-06-2010, 06:59 PM

Sounds like the show was a blast. I wish I could afford two nice cars.

Old 06-06-2010, 10:06 PM
Default car show

.......Sounds like you had a good time. Did anyone comment on Wizaired CAI ? I've had a couple of people ask me about mine.
Yeah....politics, sadly, does show up at car shows.......
I think I was a victim of politics myself recently ? However, I go because I love being around cars/trucks and Car People like us. It's all about meeting those other "Car Crazy" people....

Quick Reply: Monte Carlo's FIRST car show!