General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Monte Carlo ConCept ~> The Future + more : )

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 04:50 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

...Thanks `Ted, I thought I missed something on my searches to find anything new about the Monte Carlo or new coupes from GM...Thanks again for posting....Maybe someone from GM is watching ? ? ?

.......Just 2 `Sweet 4-Sure Thanks for sharing/posting...Mod `Wayne agrees & has posted about the
Holden...I luv'em 4-Sure....
How's things in Franklin County (Hilliard, Ohio) ?
Do you ever go to `Jeg's Performance Shop....I get their catalog & just dream...They have some super performance parts, and a good rep....Have you ever been to the drags of the East side of Columbus ? It looks like a great 1/4 track on the web ????

Thanks Member's for all your posts & comments...We enjoy reading/seeing them 4-Sure....Peace/Out

Old 02-01-2010, 05:29 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

actually, that new malibu coupe has a TON of potential. and i really dislike most of what GM is turning out lately. personally, IDK if it would sell with the "personal luxury coupe" that a monte has always been scince the begining, but if they wanted to appeal to the youth market they could take a card outta mitsubeshi's and suberu's deck and make a car that looks like a cool rally car from the factory... mabe even run 'em in rally's against mitsu's and subie's. standared engine could be eather the 3.8 (3.9?) V6 with a turbo, or have the 5.3 V8 as an option, mabe supercharged the big key would be offering the monte as a kind of simple package on the malibu to keep costs down, and most important: have it be AWD! that, along with having a turbo and cool styling seem to be what sell the lancer EVO's & subie WRX's.

i was bored and whipped this doozie up using MS paint. took a while, and its not a great photochop, but thats kinda what im talking about. takes a grandpa car & makes it appealing to a wider market. grandpa can have the malibu or a buick. where is chevy's "kids car"

Last edited by skylark65; 02-01-2010 at 05:31 PM.
Old 02-01-2010, 05:45 PM

I would love for the future Monte to have some what similar 6/7th gens body styles. Its what attracted me to them, and 1 reason for me buying

Old 02-01-2010, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by KidSpace
Mod `Wayne agrees & has posted about the Holden...I luv'em 4-Sure....How's things in Franklin County (Hilliard, Ohio) ? Do you ever go to `Jeg's Performance Shop....I get their catalog & just dream...They have some super performance parts, and a good rep....Have you ever been to the drags of the East side of Columbus ? It looks like a great 1/4 track on the web ????
Yeah, the Aussies are lucky, they get a ton of sweet cars over there. I wish GM would take advantage of Holden more often, as far as importing them to the US in some way shape and form. The GTO and G8 were great cars, keep em coming!

Franklin County is COLD right now, lol. Yeah there's a Jeg's store about 10 minutes from my apartment, and the warehouse is a little ways north of here. I've been to National Trails on the eastside, it's a nice track, but has gone downhill in recent years.

Old 02-02-2010, 07:46 AM

...BuzzKill `Ryan, hitting PhotoShop : ) Thanks 4 sharing your art work : ) Would you buy one `if you could afford. ?

`Jose, I agree it would be great if they kept the lines/designs of past Monte Carlo's 4-Sure...

Member 2Sweet, thanks for your post information. One of the Senior's in our Village lived in Arlington (Columbus, OH) and loved that part of the State. He said that it's a active city with many things to do...Take your rides 2 the track when it warms up & record : ) then post them here : )

Thanks Member's for your posts/comments/contributions to your Monte Family...4-Sure
Peace/Happy ~> `out

Old 02-02-2010, 10:57 AM

Id love to see a New Monte, but if it looks like a ricer they can keep it. I have always loved the Monte Carlo. However I lost faith when GM made the lumina. I then gained it back when gen six came out. If GM did make a new Monte Id hope they would keep the body lines

Old 02-02-2010, 02:05 PM

That 2 door malibu is probably the most uninspired design i've seen in a long time. certainly not monte worthy. Montes are supposed to be big 2 door coupes with stand-out styling. That thing looks like an Accord...

Old 02-02-2010, 02:30 PM

Old 02-02-2010, 03:45 PM
Default future MC

"PIZZARRHEA" ....that would work for me.
Maybe a bit longer ? Just give it V-8 pwr and rwd.
But yeah, NO RICER look.

Old 02-02-2010, 04:09 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Originally Posted by skylark65
i was bored and whipped this doozie up using MS paint. took a while, and its not a great photochop, but thats kinda what im talking about. takes a grandpa car & makes it appealing to a wider market. grandpa can have the malibu or a buick. where is chevy's "kids car"

Say hello to the 2012 Chevrolet Cruze...
Originally Posted by saigashooter
That 2 door malibu is probably the most uninspired design i've seen in a long time. certainly not monte worthy. Montes are supposed to be big 2 door coupes with stand-out styling. That thing looks like an Accord...
Yeah, but that's the life we live in.

Quick Reply: Monte Carlo ConCept ~> The Future + more : )