General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Mods!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
BMR is quite expensive for STBs, I would recommend just getting a set of bars from GM and buying Don Rome brackets. For the price of one BRM STB you'll have both.
^^^^Those things are hollow, are they not...??? The BMR STB's are very thick and very well made...I know Zippy02, and I both have them and I wouldn't switch to anything else.

IIRC, they are adjustable as well...

Old 04-06-2011, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Ashley.Marie
My Monte- Baby Los pictures by AshleyDeur - Photobucket

Here's a link to the pics of my car. I recently got rear ended so my bumper is screwed, but a new one is on the way!!
^^^ Umm get a plate filler...??? : ))

Old 04-06-2011, 06:17 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Mac7504
^^^^Those things are hollow, are they not...??? The BMR STB's are very thick and very well made...I know Zippy02, and I both have them and I wouldn't switch to anything else.

IIRC, they are adjustable as well...
I understand someone who rallies a car would want something strong. But for everyday use???

Old 04-06-2011, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
I understand someone who rallies a car would want something strong. But for everyday use???
Then why even put em on your car, since you not dipping or driving hard??? Extra Stability, right? Did you even notice a difference?

Go hard or go home, you kno...lol jk.

Even with everyday use you can tell the BMR STB's are doing their job...I've had em off to feel the difference and you immediately notice. Car just doesn’t want to flex with them on…

Once I had to brake and swerve really hard becuz some *** on the freeway just stopped in the middle of flowing traffic, and let me tell you, the swerve (& slight skid almost drift like) was very controllable @55-65mph (given, I have the whole BMR setup) but I don’t feel those thin hollow tubes would have acted the same way...

I just really don't know why peeps seem to skimp on their suspension parts...I know not everyone wants to pay top dollar for synergy items but you use em everyday and will thank them when they perform well to save the car and maybe u..

For me: adjustable Koni kit, Eibach, & Full BMR= Orgasmic

Just my .02

Last edited by Mac7504; 04-06-2011 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Dipping not Dripping...lol...
Old 04-06-2011, 07:15 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

Maybe GM didn't put them on after 2003 because their STB's weren't strong enough to justify the expense of making and installing them?

IMHO... if you can afford it, go with the better STB's. If money is an issue, just don't get them at all.

Old 04-06-2011, 08:01 PM

15 Year Member

I run GM's STB on both the front and rear, and it is a night and day difference. I won't need to fight high Gs where the stamped steel will break though. But it still is a nice enough difference to have for half the price.

Old 04-06-2011, 08:02 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2011
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I have seen the argument quite a bit on the gto boards in regards to the supension...it's not about money or skimping or saving...

For some brands make the sway bars not hollow, and people swear by them...

Others prefer the hallow ones cause they feel they handle the same, and don't add the extra weight to slow the car down...

Holding the two in your hand, doesn't necassarily mean the heavier one is better...in some cases it makes the car heavier and that extra weight into the turn doesn't help the overall idea....

I have seen hallow ones hold up to the hardest of driving with no issues and excellent suspension capabilities,

To each there own regarding this, but just throwing out an fyi from what I see...

Joe

Old 04-06-2011, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Montess2k
I have seen the argument quite a bit on the gto boards in regards to the supension...it's not about money or skimping or saving...

For some brands make the sway bars not hollow, and people swear by them...

Others prefer the hallow ones cause they feel they handle the same, and don't add the extra weight to slow the car down...

Holding the two in your hand, doesn't necassarily mean the heavier one is better...in some cases it makes the car heavier and that extra weight into the turn doesn't help the overall idea....

I have seen hallow ones hold up to the hardest of driving with no issues and excellent suspension capabilities,

To each there own regarding this, but just throwing out an fyi from what I see...

Joe
^^^^Fair enough...

And, ChibiBlackSheep you have a valid argument about value, but where exactly are you getting into pulling high speed G’s??? Poke poke…Just messin man. Cheers..

Old 04-07-2011, 08:43 AM

15 Year Member

Trust me, the second I start to get serious power in my Monte, the suspension is getting an upgrade. I already know I probably won't be driving the car for a few months while I give it a total overhaul.

Was there any information that the OP needed else on Modifications for her car? Sorry we took that a little off topic lol

Old 04-08-2011, 09:58 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2012
1 Year Member

I also would like to get new brakes and rotors, which brand do you guys think is the best to put on?

Quick Reply: Mods!