General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

- MEMBERS ONLY -

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 04:47 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: - MEMBERS ONLY -

With 30 - 40 active members I can't see the site supporting specific model year boards. It's just not cost effective and it does take money to run this web site.

I know getting members to particiate is a problem even with the NMCOA club. The MonteSS board is always busy (which is great for them).

My $0.02 worth on MCF, it's a great site. The people here are friendly and 99% seem able to take a joke. You run into people on the web who seem to have a problem with taking a little ribbing from others.

I generally do not take life seriously. You hear of people who let life get to them and they commited suicide. I know for a fact I'm not leaving here alive. So I try to have a little fun while I'm here.

As an improvement suggestion for the site, whoever wins MOTM they get their car's image pasted to the top of the page like MonteSS web site does. Who doesn't like looking at a nice Monte Carlo?
(they need their head examined if they do)

Old 02-05-2007, 09:37 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

[align=center]Hey `Space[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I have a suggestion: Stop taking up so much [/align][align=center]forum `Space : )[/align][align=center]Leave well enough alone : )[/align][align=center]ok
I'm just trying to domy part to add positive or interesting posts to the MCF. [/align]

[/align][align=center]The MCF is my escape from work, school & all the bad news in our world : ([/align][/align]

[/align][align=center]It's also someplace that I can afford to go : )[/align][/align][align=center]and it's free and fun + informative.[/align][/align][align=center]I wish I had the extra $'s to be out driving my [/align][/align][align=center]Monte : ) - but, I don't have that luxury.[/align][/align][align=center]MCF is my Web-Home, Away from Home : )[/align][/align][align=center]Please let me stay [X(][/align][/align][align=center][/align][/align]

[/align][align=center][:@]I thought he said he was gona "Shut Up" [/align]

Old 02-05-2007, 11:57 PM

I don't see anything wrong with it as is, we just need more traffic. And i'm not too sure how one would go about getting a steady flow of traffic here.

Old 02-06-2007, 01:43 AM

More member activity, seem like we only get the same people posting on the board. I would like to see a forum dedicated particularly to Step-By-Step walk throughs on mods, such as intake screen removal, CAI installs, F-Body Caliper Swaps, Header installs, Headlight swaps, etc...etc..., this would eliminate alot of the multiple threads on the same things. Beyond these 2 things, I think the forum is a great way to read about what other fellow Monte owners are doing, and a great way to save on expensive repairs that can be done in someones yard.

The administrator and the moderators, should all give themselves some kudos for running a fun, informative, and efficient forum.

Old 02-06-2007, 04:45 AM

the more traffic the more you move up in teh ranks on serch pages the more pepoe come look to see if they like it or not.

Also there is ways to get furth up in Googel but not sure how to do it

Old 02-06-2007, 11:39 AM

I have been thinking about it. In my small city (150,000 people) I see MCs all day long. The day I got mine I think 1000 people went out and got them too because I never saw them on the road before I got mine. Anyway, the cars and drivers are definitly out there. I ran across this forum searching google. I used to use automotiveforums.com's MC section but it is WAY dead, big time. So I stuck with this one. The forum itself works but like someone mentioned above we just dont have the active members. The only way to improve upon that is to start working on the search engines(maybe adding the site to more engines and updating the old entries), hitting up car shows and spreading the word the old fashion way, or spend money and advertise. As members though, anytime we run across another MC owner in a parking lot or car show or where ever we need to start mentioning the board and how helpful it is for tech info, finding parts, and just an overall great discussion board for ANY car lover. Maybe we need to start making donations to the site (the donation link shows that NO ONE has done this yet). I currently dont have any cash in my paypal but I am about to sell some school books from last semester on ebay and if I get paid with paypal I think I might just be the first to do this, unless the donations page just isnt updated. IF we have 30-40 active members and we all shell out $10-$20 we could possibly help with any advertising costs so the site can become more active. That is not much to ask really and I know I have gotten at least $20 worth of info from the site at a minimum and I am sure you guys have too. So lets try and get the site moving. More members means more cars to look at, more fresh ideas coming in on mods, and just more people to chat with instead of the same old boring people all the time J/K about the old boring people of course!!!

Old 02-06-2007, 11:54 AM

Perhaps a vinyl graphic of our MC's that reads www.MonteCarloForum.comto put on our car would get the word out. I see other MC drivers all the time, I'm sure that a graphic like that would get their attention.

Old 02-06-2007, 12:13 PM

ORIGINAL: White05LT

Perhaps a vinyl graphic of our MC's that reads www.MonteCarloForum.comto put on our car would get the word out. I see other MC drivers all the time, I'm sure that a graphic like that would get their attention.
Anthony,[sm=goodidea.gif]
Moderator's let the Boss know & have him send each member
a graphic. Can we get a choice of color ?
2 dare 2 dream
Thanks Anthony, 4 your post : )

Old 02-06-2007, 03:30 PM

ORIGINAL: mentiroso
IF we have 30-40 active members and we all shell out $10-$20 we could possibly help with any advertising costs so the site can become more active. That is not much to ask really and I know I have gotten at least $20 worth of info from the site at a minimum and I am sure you guys have too. So lets try and get the site moving. More members means more cars to look at, more fresh ideas coming in on mods, and just more people to chat with instead of the same old boring people all the time J/K about the old boring people of course!!!
John - Mentiroso -, thanks 4 your post & feedback.
I didn't even know about the donation link, until I read your post : )
I wonder if I could add a link 4 donations to SpaceRider's College Fund : )
Maybe ?our afflluent members like Moderator Bigg `J could start
the donations out. $$$$ He's got millions : )
John, Thanks 4 your post & suggestions.
[:-]Click below link 2 donate [:-]
[sm=goodidea.gif][sm=groupwave.gif]

Old 02-06-2007, 05:37 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

I would be nice if we could attract a couple of full-time, hard-core GM techies here....

Not that we don't have enough great people with knowledge....

I just notice that a lot of questions go unanswered....

Quick Reply: - MEMBERS ONLY -