General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

This made my day yesterday !!

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 12:33 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Cool This made my day yesterday !!

So I just joined a local car club last week (Central Oregon Classic Chevy Club or COCCC ) and I'm getting the Monte out officially for the first time this year this weekend for a local car show in Redmond ,Or on Saturday.
We had a car club Mtg last night and I got the Monte out to bring to the Mtg so they could see what I have ( there normal cut off for this car club is 1974)and they loved it and gave me the OK to become a member and that was great !! They are calling my car a tribute car and I am OK with that it will give me a ton more access to car shows and the biggest car show in Central Oregon !!

But the best part of the night was when 1 of the guys that has one of the nicest 1967 Camaros I have ever seen in my life time (easy $130,000 dollar car or more ) came up after the Mtg and went over my car and asked a bunch of questions and just kept telling me how nice my car was .I think I was in shock for the first 5 min !! I didn't know what to say !!
Here is a guy that has one of the 3 cars on my bucket list to own ! I was expecting to get some nice car comments and some questions but not the respect I got for the work I have done I must be 15 years younger the the current youngest member and the newest car in there club !!

I just had to share this with you guys and girls (and Kid our local alien )and wish me luck at this weekends first official car show of 2011 for the Monte and me .
I will post pics and let you all know how I did on monday .

Last edited by Blazed SS; 04-13-2011 at 12:40 PM.
Old 04-13-2011, 12:38 PM

Can't spell PIMP without an MP
Monte Of The Month -- November 2010
2010 Monte Of The Year
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Congratulations. A little recognition goes a long way.

Old 04-13-2011, 12:51 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

Congrats! & isn't that great when a guy with a really super high end car comes up to your car and starts saying how great it is. One time a guy offered me to drive his new corvette in exchange for him to drive the monte lol I was like no way but thanks for the offer. Good luck with the show!

Old 04-13-2011, 12:52 PM

Monte Of The Month -- April 2011
GOT SPL

Awesome.. hey this it a bit off topic but for some reason I just thought of it.. Did you ever come to a result with that stuff that you applied to the wheels that was to make them easier to clean or something.

Old 04-13-2011, 12:56 PM

IT HERTZ
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by MillerMonteSS
Congratulations. A little recognition goes a long way.
thank you Greg
yea man I hear that and i am sure that we all feel that way !! I knew that on the forums and the Internet that people liked what I have done to may car so far and I take it to a small 35 car car show last August and I got a decent response to the car but this was a big deal to me to make it into this car club they turn down allot of people with allot more expensive cars than mine.

Old 04-13-2011, 01:04 PM

IT HERTZ
5 Year Member

[quote=SpinEm_90;315489]Congrats! & isn't that great when a guy with a really super high end car comes up to your car and starts saying how great it is. One time a guy offered me to drive his new corvette in exchange for him to drive the monte lol I was like no way but thanks for the offer. Good luck with the show![/quote]

LOL you are so funny !! It is so cool to get that recanishion that our 5 to 15 thousand dollar cars can get that kind of responce out of people that have spent more than that just on 1 part of there show car (the motor ,paint, or whatever ) this is the part that cracked me up the most and i quote you " I was like no way but thanks for the offer. Good luck with the show ! " I may have to use that line !!

Old 04-13-2011, 01:12 PM

IT HERTZ
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by jaws2008
Awesome.. hey this it a bit off topic but for some reason I just thought of it.. Did you ever come to a result with that stuff that you applied to the wheels that was to make them easier to clean or something.
it has worked good so far I was going to wait to post all the pictures until Monday I have done allot of mods this winter and I am waiting until this car show to get good pictures we are suppose to be up to like 58* partly cloudy and that is some of the best weather we have had this spring so far ( currently here I am watching small snowflakes fly by my window ) but over all it has worked good on my truck and on the wifes car I did put it on my rims 2 inside and out but I have not been driving my car since last October so they look the same as when I put it away LOL.

Old 04-13-2011, 01:13 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

[quote=Blazed SS;315501]
Originally Posted by SpinEm_90
Congrats! & isn't that great when a guy with a really super high end car comes up to your car and starts saying how great it is. One time a guy offered me to drive his new corvette in exchange for him to drive the monte lol I was like no way but thanks for the offer. Good luck with the show![/quote]

LOL you are so funny !! It is so cool to get that recanishion that our 5 to 15 thousand dollar cars can get that kind of responce out of people that have spent more than that just on 1 part of there show car (the motor ,paint, or whatever ) this is the part that cracked me up the most and i quote you " I was like no way but thanks for the offer. Good luck with the show ! " I may have to use that line !!
Yes it most def is, most people can't believe mine is driven daily, and I'm like oh yeah go take a look at the hood lol. haha well I try. It was a gorgeous blue vette but there was no way I was letting someone drive my monte lol even for the chance to drive one of my dream cars. As I've said before i am super protective of her and there isn't any vehicle in this world that could make me get rid of the monte

Old 04-13-2011, 03:21 PM

IT HERTZ
5 Year Member

[quote=SpinEm_90;315513]
Originally Posted by Blazed SS

Yes it most def is, most people can't believe mine is driven daily, and I'm like oh yeah go take a look at the hood lol. haha well I try. It was a gorgeous blue vette but there was no way I was letting someone drive my monte lol even for the chance to drive one of my dream cars. As I've said before i am super protective of her and there isn't any vehicle in this world that could make me get rid of the monte
I get that too when I tell them how may miles are on the car but I think it also says allot about you when people see your car and know that it is a driver and still looks that good . Now in the I want to drive your car thing I would drive that 1967 Camaro in a heart beat he just better hope I come back with it!! LOL

Old 04-13-2011, 04:05 PM

congrats man

Quick Reply: This made my day yesterday !!