General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Mac7504 (Rytek/Superchevy) Monte- Pics!! Lots!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 10:53 PM
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hello forum guys and gals....

Looking to get my Monte back to 100%, so I'll post progress and a few goodies here as I progress; old thread, I know, but easier than creating a new one.

I've been concentrating on sports bike track riding for the last few years but I really miss romping around with my Monte, so it's time to get her back into form.

I just ordered a set of 245/35 Toyo T1 sports to wrap the HRE's in (after I get the front two redone)

Next:
Will be new radiator (current one has small leak in cap area).
New rotors/hats, pads, and caliper rebuilds if needed (Wilwood black satin finish).
Replace defective hubs with Timken.
Lastly will more than likely a SS kit stage 2 intercooled, but we can get into that later....

Anyway, feel free to chat me up, I miss this place (it reminds me of the old days, when I young dumb and full of fun)...

Old 10-28-2013, 11:50 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member

Your back in the game eh? Sweeet! Your Monte it seemed was always a one off set up, you had major interest in your build from what I have read on this thread. Lucky you did not break your neck on the bike, they are way challenging to keep upright in a crowd. Happy to see your investing some coin back into your Monte. Pump up the WHP and you will want to become a L.A. street racer, lol. Caught an episode of them on t.v., they lay out somewhere like $8,000 ea per race. Ouch if I lost that kind of coin. $200 is the most I have laid down. There is only one other Monte I know of that is running a Wilwood brake system. That has to be damn nice to be able to shut her down when you need to. Are you in L.A. proper or in a suburb like Glendora etc. I spoke to you in the not to far past here on the forum and would love to link up with you sometime for a fun session. Perhaps Vegas is a nice fun halfway point to join up at if and when your able to. I just put Timkens on all the way around in August, felt with 90,000 miles it was to sketchy to wait for them to fail if I was out pushing the car hard. Take care, hope the coin keeps coming in and you can get your Monte back into contention.

Last edited by ZIPPY02; 10-28-2013 at 11:54 PM.
Old 10-29-2013, 12:12 AM
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02
Your back in the game eh? Sweeet! Your Monte it seemed was always a one off set up, you had major interest in your build from what I have read on this thread. Lucky you did not break your neck on the bike, they are way challenging to keep upright in a crowd. Happy to see your investing some coin back into your Monte. Pump up the WHP and you will want to become a L.A. street racer, lol. Caught an episode of them on t.v., they lay out somewhere like $8,000 ea per race. Ouch if I lost that kind of coin. $200 is the most I have laid down. There is only one other Monte I know of that is running a Wilwood brake system. That has to be damn nice to be able to shut her down when you need to. Are you in L.A. proper or in a suburb like Glendora etc. I spoke to you in the not to far past here on the forum and would love to link up with you sometime for a fun session. Perhaps Vegas is a nice fun halfway point to join up at if and when your able to. I just put Timkens on all the way around in August, felt with 90,000 miles it was to sketchy to wait for them to fail if I was out pushing the car hard. Take care, hope the coin keeps coming in and you can get your Monte back into contention.
Zippy!!! I've always admired your entire setup; engine package and all! simply amazing build!
I still ride the track, trying to bump up to a faster group and earn my race license by next year, it's a hell of a lot saver than the streets, I can tell you that...
As far as messing around in the streets, I've gotten buddies that run really fast cars for cash like that, but I'm nowhere near that level...I'd have to do a full build, like you, and even than, traction can sometimes be hard to come by...:laugh My buddy runs a 550WHP Lightning and looking to throw a whipple for more, that is just insane...

One other Monte w/ Wilwood, really? Who and where is this car (here in LA)? lol As far I as knew I was the only one but part# may have gotten out by now or someone just got smart and did the measurements...ahha It's all good, I'd love nothing more than to pull side by side with that car and show them the original...hahah jk...

I remember when we spoke, I actually live in Downey right now (LA suburb if you will), and in fact I'm in Vegas almost every other month, just not with my Monte...When I get her back to 100% I'd for sure like to meet up...It be fun to get looks going down the strip, and maybe hit Las Vegas speedway (if it's not 110*)...

So I take it the Timken are holding up well?

Old 10-29-2013, 12:24 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member

Hello again, cool, I would love it us getting together in Vegas. This forum members 07 Monte has the Wilwood brake system on it. Sam spent over 4.5 years building this car. Destroked LS7 putting 817 WHP. The Timkens have proven to be just what they are, you get what you pay for. Nice to know you have new wheel bearings when your putting the car through some violent high G manuvers like auto crossing, running from cops etc.

Last edited by ZIPPY02; 10-29-2013 at 12:28 AM.
Old 10-29-2013, 03:37 AM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2009
2009 Monte Of The Year
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

i remember you from the old (extinct) 2000montecarlo.com forum. didn't you at one time sold the mc and bought it back or maybe i was thinking of someone else?

Old 10-29-2013, 11:24 AM
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02
Hello again, cool, I would love it us getting together in Vegas. This forum members 07 Monte has the Wilwood brake system on it. Sam spent over 4.5 years building this car. Destroked LS7 putting 817 WHP. The Timkens have proven to be just what they are, you get what you pay for. Nice to know you have new wheel bearings when your putting the car through some violent high G manuvers like auto crossing, running from cops etc.

Hello, good morning fellas...

That's is very nice!!! I've got nothing on that...Now this makes me want to do a full on build now..hahah Yeah, I'd love that piece of mind, especially running big rims with a huge brake system (14''inch f 13'' r), puts lots of strain on those parts. I really want to move this project along so we could meet up some time...

Originally Posted by nemesis
i remember you from the old (extinct) 2000montecarlo.com forum. didn't you at one time sold the mc and bought it back or maybe i was thinking of someone else?
I remember you as well, good to see some members from the old days, and as far as selling, nope, wasn't me. I've contemplated selling but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. She will stay with me for many more years to come.

Old 10-29-2013, 11:46 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good to see you back man !!

Old 10-29-2013, 12:12 PM
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Blazed SS
Good to see you back man !!
Thank you, glad to be back... Hope to be in here a bit more.

Old 11-06-2013, 01:48 PM
15 Year Member

Hey again guys and gals, I'm getting set to purchase a new radiator this week but sort of want to beat a dead horse first (sorry, I know).

I was going to just stick with the stock 5/8inch core unit, but I know I will be doing forced induction soon so I want to get something better; if I can, w/o having to mod TOO much other things.

Anyway, can someone look at my attachment of radiators (03 Monte 5/8, vs 04 Impala 7/8 police vs 98 GTP 1")? All of the radiator are similar in size but what I am unsure of is the differences in mount type (flange vs saddle vs pin?)?

Also, fittings for the trans cooler may be different, correct, can't I just remove and replace fitting from my old rad to new?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Mac7504; 11-06-2013 at 01:58 PM.
Old 11-06-2013, 02:02 PM
15 Year Member

Attached Thumbnails Mac7504 (Rytek/Superchevy) Monte- Pics!! Lots!!-rad-3.jpg  

Quick Reply: Mac7504 (Rytek/Superchevy) Monte- Pics!! Lots!!