General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

7th Gen ('06-'07): low oil pressure

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2016, 11:21 AM
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Unhappy low oil pressure

ok when I was over in California my dad took my monte in for a oil change they used wix oil filter and I don't know what type of oil. the light didn't come on till the time to change the oil in its intraval. I let it sit till now I have used wix oil filters before and a light didn't come on. it had pleanty of oil in the engine granted it felt like it was smoother than normal. even though I went a thousand miles over the 2500 mile marker that I usually do the oil. the old oil still felt fine but you know the warn style of feel to it. I am a little stumped on the low oil pressure light coming on. it freaked me out never had a engine fail for oil before. right now I am letting it drain completely before putting more oil in. it bugs me to be honest it is the 3.5 k code flexfuel engine. I haven't run ethanol init for the longest time so I doubt it would be that. even though gas has a 10% mix of it. it is frustrating to be honest having one the last gen and this happens. looked it up it was closer to one of the few hundred rolling off the line. I don't want to get rid of the engine if all possible

Old 04-04-2016, 11:32 AM

Hi `John, Long time no see on the MCF..How many miles on your Monte now ? You may have a bad oil pressure sensor (?) Check the below links/infor >Good Luck

2006 Monte Carlo LT 3.5L oil pressure sending unit location? Oil ...

montecarloforum.com › ... › Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders

Nov 11, 2012 - I just bought this 2006 Monte Carlo LT(3.5L) and a few days later the oillight and "Low oil pressure...turn engine off" displayed in dash.'02 Monte SS earnhardt oil pressure ?? - Monte Carlo Forum ...
Aug 31, 2012

1995 Monte Oil Light - Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo ...
Sep 28, 2009

More results from montecarloforum.com

Oil Pressure Sensor - AutoZone

www.autozone.com/...Monte-Carlo...2007/Engine.../Oil-Pressu...

AutoZone

GrandPrix, Impala 2006-2008, Monte Carlo 2006-2007. REMOVAL & ... Install theengine oil pressure indicator switch. Tighten the switch ... 3.5L & 3.9L Engines.

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo TSBs (Technical Service ...

Old 09-06-2016, 05:12 PM