General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

The Love Affair is Over???!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 07:45 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: The Love Affair is Over???!!!

I agree the the love affair with cars is over for most. Not you or I. We drive beautiful cars which we take pride in. But what about those buy soulless econo boxes like Corolla's and Jetta's. These cars sell well, and it because their owners have no pride in their cars, accept the fuel mileage they get. To enjoy the best fuel mileage, they don't drive at all - with those sh*tboxes they won't enjoy it.

That's the thing with being hung up on mileage. You can't enjoy it. You can't say "Where can drive my car today to save gas?" The love affair becomes not driving.

Me... I say F 'em! It's only money! I drive 2 superdcharged cars and a Bronco. I enjoy driving them and could care less if the ******** beside me gets 30mpg in his Kia. He'll just be a specs in the mirror in a few seconds and I'll have my love affair.

Old 11-18-2008, 08:53 AM

what JUNIORCAR said thats good enough for me lol

Old 11-18-2008, 02:31 PM

ORIGINAL: JuniorCar

I agree the the love affair with cars is over for most. Not you or I. We drive beautiful cars which we take pride in. But what about those buy soulless econo boxes like Corolla's and Jetta's. These cars sell well, and it because their owners have no pride in their cars, accept the fuel mileage they get. To enjoy the best fuel mileage, they don't drive at all - with those sh*tboxes they won't enjoy it.

That's the thing with being hung up on mileage. You can't enjoy it. You can't say "Where can drive my car today to save gas?" The love affair becomes not driving.

Me... I say F 'em! It's only money! I drive 2 superdcharged cars and a Bronco. I enjoy driving them and could care less if the ******** beside me gets 30mpg in his Kia. He'll just be a specs in the mirror in a few seconds and I'll have my love affair.
Beautifully said, although I'd rather have a Blazer than a Bronco...

But yeah, why care about mileage if it's not a car that you actually enjoy driving?

Old 11-20-2008, 07:01 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I don't know about that love affair thing being over. The economy has interrupted this affair, but we THRIVE on automobiles! Not everyone, but once you get the bug, you're HOOKED! My wife, LadyT as an example. Always drove, and still does drive a truck. 99 Z71 Sportside. 195k and still a nice truck. So I bought her the 07 Solstice GXP for Christmas last year. COMPLETE metamorphosis! Now she even looks forward to car shows, meets and runs! Besides, a 2800 lb roadster with 350 hp, that get 26 mpg all day long, EASY to have an automobile love affair when you drive cars with BOOST! YA BOOST!

Old 11-20-2008, 09:32 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Ill always love my cars, hell i spent hours sitting in my old pontiac just thinking. Now i drive my car everywhere, and i would have got it even if it didnt get 30 mpg, i actually thought it got 20 till i was driving it home hehe. I washed it every night for the first few weeks but now it gets really dirty and with frost once a week. If you buy a prius for the mileage, have fun with that, because while your not saving any money with the extra dough you caughed up for the mileage, im having a blast.

Old 11-20-2008, 10:15 PM

Man elgin sucks..... drive to schuamberg to wash your car

Old 11-21-2008, 08:00 PM

i think that the "love affair" of the car is over. yes. but that is only for those who dont know. the people who are the "american dream" i think is were the love affair has ended.
then theres me: my list of priorities:
1: WORK(eating, sleeping, basic needs)
2: CAR
3: FEMALES
4: SCHOOL
were as the "american dream would have it more like this:
1: FAMILY
2: WORK
3: FRIENDS (relationships)
4: now adays keeping that damn house (sorry to those who have lost it)