General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Looking For The SLP Grille

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2017, 11:24 AM

Yes, it's very hard to find anything decent from the years I favor, '87-2010. These new cars don't do anything for me. Thx for explaining the emblem thing on quarters. I've got two ordered. Of course, I now find a near mint Beretta GTU but I think I'm gonna just keep the SS. I've got a buddy who is a parts mgr at a Chevy dealer on locator when he gets chance and is going to try and locate me a Tony Stewart Edition Grille, in mean time I'm trying to think of another option. There has to be another grille out there that could be modified. If he comes up empty, I'm really going to start figuring something out as that is the one thing I do not like about my car but then again I might have it for sale by end of week if I buy this Beretta...lol

Old 10-02-2017, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
Very sharp looking Monte! I'm partial to the blue
Getting harder and harder to find these in clean condition!

Where in Southeast Ohio are you? I am in the northern parts (near Cleveland).
I'm near Wheeling,WV in St. Clarksville Ohio, not a bad drive up that way. I sold an '08 Impala SS to a couple from up that way.

Old 10-03-2017, 10:38 AM

I think your best bet is to find a Stewart edition. My area has a good number of Monte Carlos and my tony Stewart is the only one with this grille.

Old 10-03-2017, 05:06 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

If you really must have it, can't find used and are willing to pay the price for new ....

https://parts.royaloakschevy.com/a/_...91W01-039.html

Last edited by plumbob; 10-03-2017 at 05:08 PM.
Old 10-03-2017, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by plumbob
If you really must have it, can't find used and are willing to pay the price for new ....

https://parts.royaloakschevy.com/a/_...91W01-039.html
Thx, but it's not available. I almost ordered it but called first and it's gone. They apparently do not do inventory much as I come across a thread about that one in a Google search.

I've been trying to figure out another vehicle that would be close as I looked at a Malibu today and the upper grille insert just won't work. I'm going to make one. I'm probably going to buy some plastic grille mesh and molding. Do a little cutting and plastic welding and done. That's one good thing about being a former body tech. I save myself a fortune. My Monte didn't need a thing but it might be for sale if this Beretta GTU I found is as nice as owner claims but I'm already regretting getting rid of it and I haven't sold it yet but I've gotta get one of those grilles, since they came out I've always said that bumper just does not look right but I may pull that crest emblem off and replace it with one of my Impala decklid 'SS' emblems and see what it looks like.

I appreciate that you looked for one, thank you.

Last edited by 2004SSSUPBLUE; 10-03-2017 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Grammar
Old 10-04-2017, 04:29 PM

I tried to order one from royal oaks a year ago and they did not have it in stock. they should take it off the listing. I would have paid that much for one. I'm sure there are other grilles that could be fitted with some custom work.

Old 10-04-2017, 04:52 PM

I'd pay that as well. I found the right combo, now waiting for parts, I'll post pics when it's done. It will be well worth it, yeah, it kinda gives it a Lumina Euro vibe but I don't find that a bad thing at all.