General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Looking For The SLP Grille

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2017, 12:00 PM
Default Looking For The SLP Grille

Just bought an immaculate '04 SS in Superior Blue, seen some pics of this mod but cannot find one. Thought I'd join to see if one of you guys could help me out. Below is my car. 2004 SS - Superior Blue, 90k, absolutely rust free@

Old 10-01-2017, 02:05 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by 2004SSSUPBLUE
Just bought an immaculate '04 SS in Superior Blue, seen some pics of this mod but cannot find one. Thought I'd join to see if one of you guys could help me out. Below is my car. 2004 SS - Superior Blue, 90k, absolutely rust free@

This is a very rare item for sure. At one time you could find them on Ebay for reasonable prices. This grill is also on the Tony Stewart edition Monte Carlo so if you see one that is wrecked that maybe an option. Good luck and Welcome to the MCF.

Old 10-01-2017, 02:29 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Really nice clean car that seems well kept by the previous owner(s), how many miles?. Glad to see it was appreciated and it sounds like it will continue that way. So when does the Mustang go away?...lol.

Old 10-01-2017, 04:33 PM

Thx guys! Appreciate info. This car is amazing. The paint is unbelievable, no rust. Previous owner bought it new, garage kept, never seen rain or snow.

I used to be a huge Beretta fan but trying to find one is impossible so I started looking for a Monte Carlo SS. I wanted Superior Blue and to my luck, the prior owner posted it 5 mins after I started searching and was only an hour away. When I get chance I will post more pics. I am putting factory 17's back on it. The prior owner didn't like the stock 16's and put these Enkei 17's on. I've also got a set of black backing headlights coming. Debating on putting an A/M Droid Receiver in it. I am pretty much all about OEM but you get used to Bluetooth and it's hard not to have but this is not an everyday driver. It's actually show quality. As for Stang, I like the '99-'04 body style, that particular car is an '02 with only 42k. It's a keeper, lol

But, back to grille; I seen a pic on Google of a Monte with that mod and now I've got to have it. I've got a brand new red SS emblem waiting, lol. Nice chatting and thx for kind words. One of the main reasons I got out of the online Beretta community was due to the attitudes of certain owners on Beretta Net. I've owned approximately 40 of those cars, done 3 complete restored, etc and I'm all about insight from someone else but a couple people think they designed the car or you would think that, so I'm looking forward to talking with some like minded folks with Montes. I'm not up on these as I am Beretta's as far as mods and little things like production numbers, this particular grille for example.

Old 10-01-2017, 05:10 PM
Default Few more pics

If I'm putting this in wrong section, feel free to move, delete, etc.

I've never detailed this car yet, this is how I bought it. I can't wait to buff it with a soft pad and some Collinite 845 Wax. Like I said, I'm a body man. I have managed a local shop for years; I'm now an insurance appraiser. At first I thought, no way is that the OG paint but after I looked it over for 10 mins, everything is OG but rear cover. The prior owner was as meticulous as I and had cover replaced after it was bumped by his riding mower. He showed me old cover which he gave me and it buffed right out, not sure why he replaced it but he bought an OEM cover as the replacement, if it would have been a recond cover, the OG would be back on. Do not ever let an ins. company put a recond cover on. First, they do terrible work on them but in a year if that one day when washing the paint will blow right off. I think the flex sealer does not agree with the black etching primer they use on them. But any ways the only mark on the entire car is a very tiny stone chip on front cover that I already brush touched.

I got lucky finding this car, only thing that bugs me is the quarter Monte Carlo emblems are not on car. The prior owner said it came like that, so I called a former co-worker who still has his '04 he bought brand new as I know his did not have them and he said his was like that the day he bought it as well, so I found brand new red emblems that were reasonable so I ordered those. My dad and step mother bought one exactly like this brand new and I could not rem. If there car had them so I dug out some pics and there SS did not have them either. Other than that, I've got a friend who is redoing an extra dash emblem I got at a 'U-pull It' yard. He's updating it with the 2006-2009 SS logo.

Last edited by 2004SSSUPBLUE; 10-01-2017 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Add pics
Old 10-01-2017, 05:17 PM

Sorry for dup pics, phone went a bit crazy, thx.

Old 10-01-2017, 09:13 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Very sharp looking Monte! I'm partial to the blue
Getting harder and harder to find these in clean condition!

Where in Southeast Ohio are you? I am in the northern parts (near Cleveland).

Old 10-02-2017, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
Getting harder and harder to find these in clean condition!
Its unbelievably hard to find one in good condition anymore. I searched for MONTHS for the perfect one.. Ended up getting one from california and has all the little things like door sills and what not..

Well worth it.. Except you know, the BS im going thru ATM..

Old 10-02-2017, 09:20 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

The grille that you want is discontinued (unfortunately).

Your best bet is to keep hoping one pops up for sale here, or you find one on eBay.

Old 10-02-2017, 09:22 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 2004SSSUPBLUE
only thing that bugs me is the quarter Monte Carlo emblems are not on car.
In 2004, they started to option the SS with the L67 supercharged engine. If you had a supercharged SS, it would say that on the side of the car, if you have the naturally aspirated engine, they only put the SS on the sides.

Yep it's weird, but easy enough to put new emblems on.