General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

6th Gen ('00-'05): looking for general info

Old 04-23-2015, 07:58 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default looking for general info

ok so i was thinking about getting a hv3 but some of the things makes it seem that it will be useless, like it says it will add 30 whp, AT 6k rpm...i dont plan on driving it that hard, also seen that it will work well with some er rockers, i dont even know what that is but eh. also was wondering is there a way to clean up the plog, it was nice and shiny and now it has the heat burns all over it. there is more but i cant think of it at the moment i am multitasking a bit but all insight is appreciated

Old 04-23-2015, 08:31 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

The HV3 is supposed to be a mod to work with the HV Throttle Body and the ER Rockers (ER rockers start as stock rockers, but ZZP have some machining done to them and the pedestals they sit on to alter their ranges, so exhaust and intake are now at different ranges). All of those mods are part of a formula.

I have the ER Rockers and HV3, I cheated on the HV Throttle Body and modified a L67 Throttle Body (it's basically now like a stage 2 HV Throttle Body, which I don't think ZZP sells anymore). With those, the PLOG and the 2.5" DP and high flow cat, I did notice improvements, more pepp!!

I had to do the L67 TB again when I switched to the aluminum L26 UIM. When I made that swap, I either fixed something I did not know was broken or something about what I did (such as porting the snout of the L26 UIM) gave me more power (I can feel it in the ol' Butt Dyno).

Some members have done pieces of this formula and not the entire formula. You may want to see if you can contact Crusader (I believe he did the HV3 by itself and then the ER Rockers).

Old 04-24-2015, 08:53 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

When you are high in the RPM band, the plastic runners that sit in the UIM supposedly become a restriction. The HV3 is supposed to help alleviate that restriction by allowing your UIM to flow more air and bounce it around in a better way.

If you ever plan to add boost, or if you really want to build the car, it's a mod that works well with other mods. It isn't too worth it on its own IMO.

The ER rockers help keep the valve open a little longer. Again more air volume, more power.

The PLOG can be treated like any other exhaust part. You can take it off, sand it, and hit it with some high heat exhaust paint or get it coated by a shop

Steel discolors with high heat, so that's what you are seeing

Old 04-24-2015, 07:18 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2014
10 Year Member

ok so im deff not gonna go and do that then, thanks guys just saved me like 200 bucks ill just put the dorman manifold back on with the steel LIM gasket next thing that i was reminded was what sizes was the wire covers under the bay? i wanted to get some new ones and i thought of a nice lil design as well