General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Engine Build: L67 Top End In Progress

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2017, 05:26 PM
Default L67 Top End In Progress

Hello!
I ghost this site a lot so I know you get a lot of young guys coming in saying they are going to do an l67 or turbo their car or something like that. They ask a lotta dumb questions and usually end up not doing it. I just want to start this thread by saying helping me out is not a waste of time. I am going to do it, but I do need help of some more experience 3800 guys.

So I was at a scrap yard, and I found a SSEI Bonneville with the supercharged series 2 3800. I began pulling as much as I could in the hour left until the yard closed. I got all the electronic components I know that I will need, and I started working on getting off the fuel rail. Then the yard closed. I will be going back first thing after classes tomorrow to (hopefully) finish pulling the supercharger.

My question right now is what all I need to pull. I know that's broad, but hear me out. I know there are countless nuances of a supercharged engine that aren't on an l36 engine. I do not know what they are. At the yard, I was simply looking at a picture of a swap kit and trying to replicate the parts I could pull off of that.

I would also love any advice the sages of this forum could offer. I know what I'm doing, but I'm not necessarily good at it.

Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails L67 Top End In Progress-nfhkbsu.jpg  
Old 10-21-2017, 05:29 PM

I cant believe nobody has helped yet.. Maybe this needs a little bump.. Perhaps it just was overlooked by everyone..

I would help but im not even sure..

Old 10-22-2017, 02:47 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

You literally need everything on the top end IIRC. Supercharger, lower intake manifold, heads... basically take the engine down to the pistons and keep all those parts. Take the crank pulley while you're at it.

Old 10-24-2017, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by nitehawkjcb
You literally need everything on the top end IIRC. Supercharger, lower intake manifold, heads... basically take the engine down to the pistons and keep all those parts. Take the crank pulley while you're at it.
I pretty much figured it out. I've got the SC, lower intake manifold, one of the heads, and push rods/rockers. I'm trying to get my hands on a pull tool to get the harmonic balancer off, and I need to get the other head. It's been raining all week, thus far. Here's to no rain, and a not flooded yard Friday when I go back!

Old 10-24-2017, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by wht02monte
I cant believe nobody has helped yet.. Maybe this needs a little bump.. Perhaps it just was overlooked by everyone..

I would help but im not even sure..
Yeah, thanks. I've figured it out, mostly. Still need a few parts, but I'm pretty set.

Old 10-24-2017, 04:07 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

You may need to figure out something with the wiring of the new MAP sensor too, not 100% sure on that one though.