General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

L36 SS m90 supercharger installed!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 02:53 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by rj
Same here.
x3...

Old 04-21-2009, 08:07 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

GOT to be a HUGE improvement! What size pulley are you running, the stock 3.8? On an L36, that should be pretty good, because of the higher compression of that engine.
Ya, lets see some more pics!

Old 04-21-2009, 10:25 PM

very cool dude. happy birthday!!!!! was that a present to yourself??

Old 04-22-2009, 12:17 AM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2009
2009 Monte Of The Year

that come out pretty good. i still don't like the red paint on the snout, but it's your car if you like it that's cool. how many coats of paint you use? i think it would look better if you tuck the fuel braided hose under the snout this way it give cleaner look on the blower.

Old 04-22-2009, 12:41 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- May 2009
15 Year Member

Looks like you painted the strut top plates? Cool. Mine are starting to rust a bit on the edges....gotta do something about that.
well, they are actually new strut mount plates with the zzp powdercoated red anti pogo washers....the car is lowered. changed the struts, strut mounts, springs, and upgraded to tubular trailing arms as well. eibach springs. thats the "paint" you are seeing.

AWESOME!! So you started with a stock l36 then?
yep, stock L36 with 42000 miles. now has 60000 on it. lots of changes to the engine now.

What size pulley are you running, the stock 3.8? On an L36, that should be pretty good, because of the higher compression of that engine.
well, the kit was supposed to come with a 4.0 pulley so i dont have knock, but since i already prepped the engine for a supercharger (plog, exhaust, intake, 180* thermostat) i was able to go with a 3.8 modular setup, soo happy with it.

very cool dude. happy birthday!!!!! was that a present to yourself??
YEP! haha. the girlfriend complained a little, but when i got on it a little and it threw her back in the seat and she heard the whine.....she was happy. besides, now i wont be late picking her up anymore!

that come out pretty good. i still don't like the red paint on the snout, but it's your car if you like it that's cool. how many coats of paint you use? i think it would look better if you tuck the fuel braided hose under the snout this way it give cleaner look on the blower.
i think you would change your mind if you saw it in person...it looks really, REALLY good. but to each his own. this was my vision. I used 2 coats of VHT high temp paint on everything, letting each coat sit in the sun about 2 hours between. its been really hot here so its baked on good. the fuel line cant really be tucked underneath the snout just because of the bend, if you did that it practically kinks the line right at the couplers because of the bend needed to clear under the snout...dont want that fuel line hitting the pulley! eek...dont even want to think about that!

i didnt do the install myself, had my shop guys i've went to from the beginning with this car do it all. great guys. had a few missing parts from zzp, the shipping bent up the snout slightly, chipped it a little. a few manifold bolts were missing. at the end, only had a problem with the pcm due to security issue's, had to do a case learn and also it kept overheating because we had air inside the coolant from changing the manifolds....no biggie though.
after i get my gauges installed (ran out of time on the day of install) i'm also gonna have it dyno'd to see what im making. first gear will now turn the tires over at a 20 mph roll if i jump on it....so sweet.

got the car back from pinstriping today but wasnt able to take pictures......but wow. what a difference it made. paint is still drying a little but should be completely dry tomorrow. it made a HUGE difference on the way the car looks.

Old 04-22-2009, 01:07 AM
Photobucket
15 Year Member

posted install pics up, and also took one night shot of the pinstriping done. here is a link to my album too many to just post up in the thread..... https://montecarloforum.com/forum/members/2003supersport-4021-albums-2003supersport-s-album-3/
check them out and leave me some comments, or just post some questions up on here.
more pics to come after i can wash the car, have to wait a few days to make sure the paint has settled.

sorry blacksheep, dont have a write up to do, didnt install it myself. left that up to the professionals. as much as i'd like to work on it and learn, i need it to be reliable haha.

Old 04-22-2009, 07:57 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

HAHA yeah I hear ya. Mind if I ask how much the install was?

Everything looks fantastic. Bravo, that's why you were worth my nomination this month :P

Now for a big question, do you have a list of everything you needed to get? I'd like to see that break down. And it would be interesting to compare that with everything needed for a true top swap.

Last edited by ChibiBlackSheep; 04-22-2009 at 08:01 AM.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:48 AM
rj
15 Year Member

Did you have to change out the fuel pump to get the engine running right?

Old 04-22-2009, 12:11 PM
Photobucket
15 Year Member

no, i havent had a problem with the fuel pump. plan to replace it maybe in a few months, as long as i dont need to before that. this kit cost me a pretty penny. gotta go into rehab money mode now for a while haha.

blacksheep, the kit install is gonna cost me $600. that includes:
full kit install
72mm throttle body install
gauges and gauge pod install.
clean up and re-loom/re-route existing wiring setup so the engine bay looks cleaner.

i have an itemized list of what exactly the kit includes, here it is.

Garlock supercharger gasket
3' vacuum line
instructions
throttle body gasket
accessory belt for supercharger
autolite 103 plugs
supercharger oil
pcm reprogramming
cast iron coil bracket with aluminum coil plate
billet fuel logs
33# injectors with injector adaptors
3.8 MPS
Ported M90
ported and machined lower intake

thats pretty much everything needed, the only thing i couldnt understand is why zzp has injector connectors but you have to splice into your existing wires and cut off the clip. kinda dumb. just thought they would have made a plug and play clip to avoid wire cutting.

only thing left is to just get the engine bay cleaned up and the gauges installed.
have a boost gauge and dual aeroforces going in.

BTW, thanks blacksheep for nominating me! i've wanted MOTM for a long time hopefully the people here support me! haha.
im gonna go do a video in a little while and upload it to youtube before work hopefully.

Old 04-22-2009, 01:24 PM
Photobucket
15 Year Member

so i posted up a video of the supercharger on youtube, kinda crappy quality. tried to do a walkaround of the car, but the battery was flashing red so didnt have enough time. it is really sunny out, so some parts are harder to see. sorry! here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqtSc2sgZZ4

let me know what you guys think!

Quick Reply: L36 SS m90 supercharger installed!