General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Just what I needed...

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
We got a battery place by me that sells good batterys cheap i got my ac delco for $30
Sounds like Ellis.

04ChevyBoy sorry for your problems. I'm sure I'll need a battery soon. Happens every time I buy a used car.

Old 11-29-2011, 09:36 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Yup Ellis Battery, one of there main warehouse is just down the road from me, great batteries at good prices

Old 11-29-2011, 09:40 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

the title made me think of this....

Click me

Old 11-29-2011, 10:17 PM
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by BlackRainSS
So I'm guessing your temp gauge is one of them that is screwy, hey 100k now a days is nothing! lots of vehicles are considered low mileage around here with 120k for cars and 150k for some older trucks like 97-04 is considered low by local dealers here seems kinda sad
This is true! Highest milage car in my family but it looks the bestAnd yeah dealers price is way to high for me to ever buy!

Originally Posted by monte07
my dads 3 cars have well over 160-240k miles on them and they still run like they are braught off the assembely line. i think it is all about mantenence of the vehicle. i have seen some that has the same and look great but run poor. i think it is a flip of a coin on the vehicles out there but it is most of what we car lovers do to keep them in prestene running order to our liking
This is true,i will love my monte till it cant be driven,...at 300k

Originally Posted by monte07
ps chevyboy i always liked that insterment panel but sorry that you had to spend funds on some thing that you didnt want to spend on. bright side is you fixed one gremline problem
Yeah i guess soo lol,next is the gauges and the windsheild motor to switch

Originally Posted by BlackRainSS
Totally agreed its a chance of luck on a vehicle I use to never even look at a vehicle with more than 130k now for the right price I've been considering an LS with leather and a sunroof and 242k as a backup car for winter
Yeah i'm wanting another high milage monte for next winter!
Originally Posted by Forvettes
Sounds like Ellis.

04ChevyBoy sorry for your problems. I'm sure I'll need a battery soon. Happens every time I buy a used car.
Just happened to my sister too.Lucky it happen to both cars in our driveway
Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
Yup Ellis Battery, one of there main warehouse is just down the road from me, great batteries at good prices
I'd grab a couple for 30bucks

Originally Posted by xxtheshockerxx
the title made me think of this....

Click me
Oh come on....lol

Old 11-29-2011, 10:22 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

That's a NAPA battery right? I had a new one like that installed in my Monte when I bought it due to having a dead cell in the battery that was in the car. That was after having to get it flat bedded back to the dealer after only about 5 days or so.......

Old 11-30-2011, 12:31 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

We have an Interstate Battery here and they sold scratch and dent battery's for 30 to 40 bucks depending on the size. I don't think they sell them to walk in customers anymore tho. So the last 2 battery's I've bought have been duralast gold's.

Old 11-30-2011, 06:52 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012

The Fall/Winter weather tends to expose batteries and alternators that are borderline. The lower temps put a greater demand on them. If you need to replace your battery and thinking about the Optima brand you'd be better off with a Yellow top versus a Red top - especially if you have high demand components like an audio system. They can handle the constant demand and charge/discharge cycles better than the Red top. If you run multiple batteries the Yellow top is also a better choice.

Old 11-30-2011, 09:40 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Be glad your problems aren't serious

Old 11-30-2011, 12:41 PM
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by monte carlo 3831
That's a NAPA battery right? I had a new one like that installed in my Monte when I bought it due to having a dead cell in the battery that was in the car. That was after having to get it flat bedded back to the dealer after only about 5 days or so.......
Ive bought a couple batterys that ended up having bad cells for quads,its a pain lol

Originally Posted by lougreen03
We have an Interstate Battery here and they sold scratch and dent battery's for 30 to 40 bucks depending on the size. I don't think they sell them to walk in customers anymore tho. So the last 2 battery's I've bought have been duralast gold's.
That sounds like a good deal to me!

Originally Posted by 03SSLE
The Fall/Winter weather tends to expose batteries and alternators that are borderline. The lower temps put a greater demand on them. If you need to replace your battery and thinking about the Optima brand you'd be better off with a Yellow top versus a Red top - especially if you have high demand components like an audio system. They can handle the constant demand and charge/discharge cycles better than the Red top. If you run multiple batteries the Yellow top is also a better choice.
yeah i really wanted a yellow or red top but didnt have the money,just needed a battery lol
Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
Be glad your problems aren't serious
This is true,but holds but other plans for my monte,grrr...