General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Junk Yard Run

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2015, 11:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Junk Yard Run

I have a 2001 Monte Carlo SS (N/A).

I am headed to the junk yard in about half an hour.

Short of a top end swap, anything you can think of off hand as to what should I grab??

This is the kind of thing I am looking for....

"It's always good to have a spare _______"

"The stock _______ are garbage but the 2004 Grand Prix (or what have you) had good replacements"

"The throttle body on a 1998 Buick Lesabre is ported better and bolts on with a slight mod"

I am going to a broken engine mount bracket (my fault... loose bolts and hard driving = broken cast aluminum parts) but my wrecker is over 2 hours away so I don't go too often.

Any suggestions?

Last edited by Shandley; 11-29-2015 at 11:46 AM.
Old 11-29-2015, 11:50 AM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member

that mount you broke, if its the passenger side one get that mount from a supercharged 3800 (gtp, monte, etc) they are cast iron and will never break again. also bolts on with minimal issues. if you can get the icm and coil packs with it and it will make the swap much easier! (some people say the supercharged coil packs are slightly better then the na coil packs anyway)

Old 11-30-2015, 09:25 AM
10 Year Member

They did have a supercharger 3800 there but the bracket was taken. Well, I was able to grab a couple aluminum ones.

Man, it was tempting to grab the whole engine and just get to work but I didn't have the time.

Thanks for the post!