General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Opinion Needed: Intimidator questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2022, 10:10 AM
Exclamation Intimidator questions

Okay guys, I'm a dealership here in Omaha. We've got an 04 monte carlo intimidator. Only 73k miles on it. Should be an easy sale at 13k right? Well, I keep having issues with people claiming it is not an intimidator because of a few different things. I've had a Chevy dealership confirm it is an intimidator though. My question, do all the 04 intimidators have all the same badging and headrests? Ours has plain black headrests, the intimidator on the side is black, was told it should be white, and on the door jams say intimidator, and the passenger air bag cover says monte carlo. Have this pieces been replaced? Did some come like this? Like I said, Chevy verified it is an intimidator, I'm just trying to make sense of some of the badging. Can anyone answer these questions? Thanks yall!

Old 07-20-2022, 11:07 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

If you contacted the GM Heritage site and they confirmed via the VIN that it was an Intimidator Monte, then that is what it is. But, could be someone stripped things off of it. Below is a window sticker for an Intimidator I found on the Internet and I highlighted some items. Some additional pieces of information:
- Intimidators are ALL 2004 Supercharged all black exterior Montes. Some people incorrectly call the 2002 Dale Senior Signature Edition Monte an "intimidator" because in one or two spots it says "intimidator". Be clear, there is only ONE year for the true Intimidator, that is 2004.
- From the factory, it would have had a COA (Certificate of Authenticity). Many have been lost or not handed over when re-selling the car. This would also tell you what production number your car was of 4000 made (you can also get that number from the GM Heritage site).

Here are some additional pics of these items:

Old 07-20-2022, 10:06 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Cool

Originally Posted by OmahaCarGuy
Okay guys, I'm a dealership here in Omaha. We've got an 04 monte carlo intimidator. Only 73k miles on it. Should be an easy sale at 13k right? Well, I keep having issues with people claiming it is not an intimidator because of a few different things. I've had a Chevy dealership confirm it is an intimidator though. My question, do all the 04 intimidators have all the same badging and headrests? Ours has plain black headrests, the intimidator on the side is black, was told it should be white, and on the door jams say intimidator, and the passenger air bag cover says monte carlo. Have this pieces been replaced? Did some come like this? Like I said, Chevy verified it is an intimidator, I'm just trying to make sense of some of the badging. Can anyone answer these questions? Thanks yall!
I could stop and take a look at it and let you know for sure I will be in Omaha on Thursday this week. Tomorrow in fact. What Chevy dealership is it? send me an email at deanfred@live.com

Old 07-20-2022, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by OmahaCarGuy
The issue with a Chevy dealership 'confirming' the legitimacy isn't a great way to go; the employees wouldn't know unless very experienced with the intricacies of the many Monte Carlo variations year-to-year during that Nascar-inspired run. Between those and the Monte Carlos, anyone can slap badging on a car, but the details that make it stand out are huge. People do indeed tend to mix the Dale Sr Monte Carlo from 2002 with the Intimidator package in 2004 (which ran alongside the Dale Jr Monte Carlo also in 2004, if that wasn't confusing enough.) The blacked out 2004 Intimidator was outlined really well in Maniac's list above. I'd trust General Motors Heritage Division to legitimize a car - not a neighborhood dealership. The badging and headrests are only two parts of the package; without more to wrap it up, it's hard to say.

Old 07-23-2022, 09:44 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by SkippyThorson
The issue with a Chevy dealership 'confirming' the legitimacy isn't a great way to go; the employees wouldn't know unless very experienced with the intricacies of the many Monte Carlo variations year-to-year during that Nascar-inspired run.
Not sure I agree with this. If the Chevy Dealership actually ran the VIN through their system, that could return back the required information to confirm if it was or was not a true Intimidator.

Old 07-23-2022, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
Not sure I agree with this. If the Chevy Dealership actually ran the VIN through their system, that could return back the required information to confirm if it was or was not a true Intimidator.
Absolutely true; I completely agree with that! IF the vin was ran they could absolutely determine what the car was optioned with including the Intimidator package. If someone did a visual once-over, well, you’re at the mercy of someone’s memory. (For instance, all 2004 Intimidators were Supercharged. Not all 2004, black, Supercharged SS models were Intimidators.)

Old 07-23-2022, 09:37 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well this guy never followed up with me I went to Omaha and attended a convention there, I tried to google the car to find it aw well no results. Obviously an Amateur Sales person.
I was a Professional Sales person with over 35 years experience and I followed up on everything!
If it was a legit one I may even have bought it!
Yep Mrs. Bivckerson is out of the country right now so, there you go!!

Old 07-25-2022, 08:20 AM

Actually, I did follow up with you. I sent you an email and you never responded to mine. Also, definitely not an amateur sales person. I don't have 35 years like you do, I'm not that cool yet. But I have been doing this type of work for over 5 years. Maybe check your spam folder. Sounds like maybe you're a amateur emailer.

Old 07-25-2022, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by drivernumber3
Well this guy never followed up with me I went to Omaha and attended a convention there, I tried to google the car to find it aw well no results. Obviously an Amateur Sales person.
I was a Professional Sales person with over 35 years experience and I followed up on everything!
If it was a legit one I may even have bought it!
Yep Mrs. Bivckerson is out of the country right now so, there you go!!
Yeah, I did follow up with you. I sent you multiple emails. Definitely not an amateur sales man, I've got over 5 years doing this. Maybe you're the Amateur at emails? Did you check your spam folder?