General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Impala SS

Old 06-29-2007, 05:23 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008
Default Impala SS

Really trying hard to like these cars.

Even the new spoiler looks nice.

Is it me or do they just look like Aveo's or older Malibu's on steroids.

I will continue to think the mid-90's Impala SS's are still the best "4-door" SS's made.

My .02 rant.

Old 06-29-2007, 06:49 PM
Default RE: Impala SS

I personally think they are a waste of a damn fine engine.

Old 06-29-2007, 09:11 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

see, personally i like them

an 06 or an 07 impalla ss with a nascar spoiler on it would look really nice (car of tommorrow spoiler)

i'd love to have one of those cars

Old 06-29-2007, 09:33 PM

I think my biggest problem is with the Impala in general, they are a dime a dozen as far as how many are on the road already...one of the biggest reasons I bought a monte, you just don't see that many of them, at least not where I live...especially 06 and newer models...very rare around here. The Impala is going to be just like the Ford Taurus, one on every corner...I'll pass, no matter what engine you put in it.

Old 06-30-2007, 12:55 AM

I second that one

Nascar should be a shame to have made Chevy kill the Monte Carlo yet again

Old 06-30-2007, 04:39 AM

Personally I dont like anything with 4 doors so I'll pass.

Old 06-30-2007, 10:22 AM

I don't have kids so they aren't for me, I like my 2 doors. Once I have kids it will get real old real quick trying to get them in the back seat of the Monte. The Impala is just a great vehicle for families.

Old 06-30-2007, 11:49 AM

My wife prefers a 4 door, and I looked long and hard at an 07 Impala LTZ, before I finally said "No, if I buy the Impala, I'm sure I will kick myself later. The Impala is a nice car, but as someone else said, you see one on every corner, and unfortunately, whether you buy the lowest model or the SS, from the publics perception, they are all the same. No character, no way to make yours "Stand out" just another grocery getter.

I really don't know what I'm going to do when it comes time for my next car. I'm kinda hoping the 09/10 Impala will have a "Regular" type grocery getter/rental model, and an up-level performance type. I hope to hell GM recognizes that if I'm ready to pay serious bucks for a "performance" level Impala, they bettermake it look different enough from the regular series or I'll be looking at something else. I like my cars to stand out from the crowd, and I don't want some insignificant badging to be the only thing that makes it different.

My Monte stands out like it had neon lights around it. I like that.

Old 06-30-2007, 12:58 PM

I get my 5 year-old in and out of the MC all the time, but my wife has Malibu. I will stick with my blue 06 MC.

Old 06-30-2007, 01:54 PM

I have no problems getting my 3 year old and 5 year old into the monte, with two car seats, so in my opinion, why would i buy an Impala when the monte is roughly the same price. Impalas are just too common. And no one really fears them, they dont have any head turner effect. The monte however...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Impala SS