General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

I want you to know...

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 07:52 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007
Default RE: I want you to know...

Ahh... The truth is coming out! The Carrier Company is now admitting fault... Now... the compensation! I want my car to be totally repainted at the factory or anywhere where they can duplicate the hard clearcoat. I guess there is a company in the Detroit area that does this at a cost of $4,500 -- OUCH! I thought it would only be like $2,400. Neighter here or there... The law states they must bring it back to a Non-depreciated state or like new. The negotiations begin today!

Old 11-02-2007, 10:31 AM

Good Luck Black A.
Actually after reading your post I went over my monte inch by inch.
And I found a Flaw. When looking at the Tail lights. There is more space between my right tial light and the bumber than there is between the left one and the bumper. In the space there is a Metal clip visible. At first I thought maybe someone stepped on my bumber and detached it. But I tried to move itup and down,there is no play on either side. It is barley noticable, but it is a bit annoying now that I found it. So I'll be going to the dealer. When I get some free time.See what they say.

Old 11-02-2007, 11:12 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Keep us up to date on things.

It used to be............. NO ONE wanted car with orange peel in the paint. Now it's all you can find. My pass door has it. (hhhhmmmmm, hope this isn't a sign it was damaged and repaired?)

Old 11-02-2007, 01:15 PM

I used to work at a dealership as well. I have witnessed damage done by the transport while unloading. Front driver fender and door were mashed from improper alignment of chains when unloading and the car scraped against the cage pillars on the truck trailer. Transport company had to make the repairs, and it was noted in the logs. Car was sold at a discount, damage was disclosed.

Old 11-02-2007, 06:00 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

ORIGINAL: rj

It used to be............. NO ONE wanted car with orange peel in the paint. Now it's all you can find.
I noticed the same thing rj. When I worked at a local body shop in the early 90's, orange peel was considered an f-up. An obvious sign that the air pressure in the paint gun wasn't right. It was my job to fix the painter's orange peel. What a pain that was.

BTW God_bot... Orange peel has to do with the look of your paint job. Look at the texture of an orange's peel. A good paint job on your car should be perfectly smooth, like glass. If it has a bit of a texture to it, that's considered orange peel. Mostly caused by improper pressure in the paint gun.

Old 11-02-2007, 06:26 PM

Okay, thanks Taz, I'll remember that, I plan on getting my Monte repainted someday...

Old 11-02-2007, 06:42 PM
Photobucket

Well... it has been a crazy day! Dealership has been busier today then anytime in 3-months. I did talk with the carrier rep, our service manager, and Chevrolet Dealership Operations Manager (District Manager). District Manager tried to say, I was out of luck until I said,
"Would you like to repeat that to my lawyer, he would be very interested in your opinion."
DM, "Well... what do you want?"
"I want the car to be totally repainted at the factory."
DM,"We cannot do that, but we might be able to have the car totally repainted here."
"I don't think so... the clear coat wouldn't be anywhere near a factory job."
DM, "Well think about and let me know."
"Ok, I want to confer with my attorney anyways, I think this falls under Michigan Lemon Law."
DM, "Wellit might, but do you want to persue the Lemon Law?"
"I'll let you know..."
end of conversation, cause I walked out p i s s e d!

Our collison shop has a great painter, but it was he, that told me, he could not duplicate the factory clear coat.
Here is what happened. On January 6, 2006, at 9:45 a.m., one of the ramp plates fell off the top of the truck, and it hit my roof, flipped over sliding across the hood and passenger front fender before exited the truck. I recieved oringinal report and all the repair orders that show everything I spotted. Except, the repair order shows the passenger headlight assembly was also replaced.
Is the negative ad campaign cancelled? No... It on hold waiting out come!

Old 11-02-2007, 07:48 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Wel........ you're right. That would **** me off too. Don't let them get the upper hand on you.

God_Bot,
I had to drive up north today to one of my sisters. Within say less 20 miles on I-75 I passed 6 Montes. Kind of unusual if you ask me. One was an '06/07 SS painted like your car. I have to say first one I've ever seen that color.

Old 11-02-2007, 08:09 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Something else that would tick me off, is that it doesn't matter how good you keep the car from now on. If or when you go to sell the car, you have to disclose the damage done by the car carrier. That bites!
Sorry to hear about your problem. I'd be very tempted to trade the car, so I didn't have to be reminded of it everyday.

Old 11-02-2007, 10:03 PM
Photobucket

Taz, that is exactly what I am going to do... BUT... I am smart enough to wait for ZERO percent! Also a car worth buying!

I get Z-Plan from Dad, I have GMD so I can buy GM or Ford.

Quick Reply: I want you to know...