General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

I want you to know...

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 03:53 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007
Default I want you to know...

I want ya'll to know I am about to launch a Negative Ad Campaign against GM. I love the monte carlo so it has nothing to do with that... It has to do with the fact that my car was in an accident somewhere between the factory and the dealership -- because someone has replaced the passenger side front fender, the windshield has been replaced with a aftermarket windshield and the roof has been spotted.

My wife was the first to notice the color difference (you can only really see it in direct sunlight or intense light). Then I took a real close look and you can see the lack of orange peel in that fender, then I popped the hood and you can see tape lines. Now I started really looking and the windshield is not original factory glass, its aftermarket and then I get on a step ladder and from overhead you can see a spot line. OK.. Fender, Windshield, Roof Spotted -- This car was hit HARD!

OK... I checked the dealership's records for ROs, there are none! OK.. so I called GM and they say the have no record of an accident. OK... THEN WHO AND THE F#@& REPLACED THE FENDER AND GLASS!!! The car had only 64 miles on it when I bought it. So is there Frame Damage, and is there anything else I need to be concern with?

So I took off the letters that say Monte Carlo and put them back on the car as "Lemon Car". I am going to take pictures of the color differences, lack of orange peel, the tape lines, the aftermarket glass codes, the spotting on the roof. Then I am going to create a video "GM SELLS WRECKED CARS & FAIL TO DISCLOSE!!!" I plan to put the pictures and video on TMZ, YouTube, PhotoBucket, and everywhere else I can, and then I am going to write a letter to ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, MNBC, New York Times, USA Today, Washington Post, LA Times, etc.

Anyways... I want you guys to know I'm not putting down the car, It just WRONG that GM or it Transport company can damage a vehicle without disclosing it! A dealership would lose its license and the Attorney General would Fry a dealership for doing something like that!

Oh... I work for the dealership so... if GM will screw with me, they will screw over anybody!!!

Old 11-01-2007, 04:05 PM
Default RE: I want you to know...

Sorry to hear about that, Craig. That seriously blows!

[sm=imsorry.gif][sm=wtf.gif]

Old 11-01-2007, 05:39 PM

i dont blame u craig, personally i say burn them a new a-hole

Old 11-01-2007, 06:50 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm not trying to change your mind about any future actions you're planning. But consider this.

No accident reported cause the car was damaged either loading or unloading from the car hauler? It happens. Maybe the front fender was damaged, needed replaced and due to this damage the windshield was cracked from flying debi? Or part of the car hauler fell on the car like a ramp damaging the windshield & fender. Dealer sees this cool @$$ black Monte is now damaged so he swallows the repair bill (or charges GM?) so the car can be sold. No accident to report. And everyone goes home happy.

Old 11-01-2007, 07:28 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Weren't you somewhat forced into buying this car?

Old 11-01-2007, 09:36 PM

Did you have to sign a damage disclosure statement.In NC you have to sign one, and the only reported claim is if it is 25% of the value of the vehicle when purchase. If it is not over that they don't have to tell you about it unless ask and if nothing was reported by dealer then nothing can be done. Sometimes the hauler does the fixing and no one knows because it is not reported by them at that time and it is not over that 25% of the value vehicle...It is only if vehicle is not over 5 years old...It could be the same there to......

Old 11-01-2007, 10:31 PM

Ouch, that doesn't sound very good. One question though, what is this 'orange peel?' The only orange peel that I know of is the dried stuff used in baking, and for some reason I doubt that seasoning is what you are missing on your fender.

Old 11-02-2007, 07:03 AM

I would guess it was damaged in transit.I worked at a Chrysler-Plymouth dealership in the late 70's - early 80's and would say about one in four newcars that came inhad to go right to the body shop.I even saw one fall off the top rack of the car carrier,right onto the street.That particular one was sent back,but it probably got fixed and sent to some other dealership.
Most of the damaged ones had slight damage,like a ding,scratches,brake fluid drops from the car above it,etc,but still needed an entire panel repainted.If it was a special customer ordered car,they really had to do a quick rush job.

Old 11-02-2007, 07:36 AM

If we can't trust GM, then who can we Trust ?
`Craig, I feel your pain : (
My major @ college is business, and it sadden's
me that there are so many companies in our World without integrity.
It seems to all be a Big Money Game without rules or true protection to the consumer.
Our legal system for recourse is clogged, & it takes a volumious amount of time/money to resolve a problem when you have been harmed.
I wish you good luck in resolving your Black Attack 06 Monte Carlo nightmare.
I guess getting that super deal on your SS for
under $20K has turned into anot so good of a deal : (
Integrity is Lost in todays World ?
I hope/pray not...

Old 11-02-2007, 07:49 AM

You can't even get GM/dealership to look at a door squeak. If it is too good to be true than it is. Dealership sell salvage/rebuilt vehicles as certified cars. I bought one from a NW Illinios Saturn Dealership in Gle*v***that had all kinds on frontend problems. I tracked down the car that was leased in Michigan and through the Mich DMV found the owner.

I spoke to her on the phone and she told me that her daughter hit a Mack truck on the way to school and the car was totalled and flat-bedded away.

I went back to dealer andLeo(owner)told me what do yo expect you bought a used car. Wentto Saturn and they said the same thing. I will never buy a car from Saturn.

Quick Reply: I want you to know...