General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

How to Win at Car Shows ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 12:30 PM

thanks for the rules, btw to answer your question earlyier its a stock supercharger but im rebuilding the engine and sending the supercharger out to be rebuilt by the pros. i hav headers on it now but ill probally get a high flow cat so my car can breath better

Old 04-20-2011, 03:19 PM
Default educate yourself

.......One other thing that I would like to advise to all who are interested.
Educate yourself about the car. Learn the years of production, type of engines, different colors and editions. JUST KNOW YOUR CAR.

People will and do ask questions.

And sadly, politics do raise their ugly heads at these things.
Why ? I don't know ? Our local Corvette club seems to have a lot
of pull at some of these shows. Why ?
Was a victim of this last year.

Oh well........
Hope all of this helps.

Old 04-20-2011, 08:06 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

My advice in showing a newer car is clean everything! When I did that national car show MCACN I got points off for dust UNDER the front seats and dust in between the plastic and rear seat cushions.

Last edited by AwesomeSS; 04-21-2011 at 07:29 AM.
Old 04-20-2011, 09:59 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2011
10 Year Member

You can also win by being the only car in your class 2 years in a row lol.

Old 04-21-2011, 07:28 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2011

Personnally...I found that "winning" at a car show is SO EASY!!!!! How you ask? I will tell you!

Clean the car up just a bit...nothing crazy just make it presentable...Some water spots here and there., just fine...rims a bit dirty No Biggie!...Perhaps this means no chance of winning a $5 trophy, which takes the edge off...

THEN Grab a camera if your into photography...Start walking around admire ALL the cars, talk to there owners....

you will hear all about how people restored there cars from the ground up, some may even have a photo album to admire....or how they bought there car brand new and brought there then Gf (now wife) to there prom ....or hear stories from others who "Once had a car like that when I was 17" or "I learned how to drive on a car like that!".

Or watch as little kids point in awe with a big smily face as they check out there favorite cars....

Make sure you eat, sometimes there is awesome and different foods there, check out the for sale area, you may just find an awesome shirt or sign that fits your car perfectly...

Every now and again stop by your car....but never when the judges are there...people will ask questions and you get to boast (But not to much) about your ride...

Be sure to make friends, give out your number, or website url's in hopes to meet up people who have the same car...perhaps even start up a small club that may one day turn into a big club...

Take those pics so you can reminisce about the cars and memories later and even share them with others on a website with others.

Get ideas from other cars to incorporate on your own (Warning this can be costly)

Do this and I Guarantee you will win Great Memories, a Great Time, Great Ideas, and Possibly some great new friends, all worth FAR more then any $5.00 trophey, with no stress of who knows who, and what car was cleaner/better/ or had more money into it..

Oh yeah on occassion even when I did this I still came home with a trophey that I wasn't expecting...

That's the best advice I can give after doing this since 2004...lol....

Joe

Old 04-21-2011, 07:51 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

^X2 Joe. Thats what its about. Politics are abound. I use to take my 77 GP but tired of it. I plan on taking my uncles Vette and my Monte, Maybe the wifes 71 Impala. Make a day of it. Its all about enjoying the day.

Last edited by 77gp; 04-21-2011 at 08:00 PM.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:55 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

I go to lots of car shows but usually don't enter them - I just like hanging out and talking about cars. I sometimes judge the shows too.

Old 04-21-2011, 08:03 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member

Yea Joe ,I go to lots of car shows but usually show up late reg closed LOL Love the drive to the show the looks and thumbs up ..

Old 04-25-2011, 05:46 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2010
1 Year Member

To be honest, I don't care about winning an award. Now, last summer, I did win an award. 5 of the city officials picked their favorite car, and the city clerk chose mine. But, if I had walked away with nothing, I still would have been happy.

To me, an award is more than a shiny trophy. My award for my car, is people complimenting me. Telling me my '74 Monte is one of the nicest ones they have ever seen. When people tell me that they used to have one, and how much they loved it. When they tell me that their parents had one, and they remember it when they were little. When they say their friend(s) had one and how many good times that had in it. When people see my car, and it makes them think of their younger days(FYI...73-77 Montes were EXTREMELY popular years back...they were all over) and the fun times they had, THAT is my award. I love seeing the smiles my car bring to people.

Old 04-25-2011, 06:35 PM

here in my town we have a car show every fathers day and the show actually blocks my drive way. so i will be parking my monte carlo at the end of my drive. will be there for people to see but not actually registered. so i know i wont be winning any "prizes" other than the important one of getting to see the cars and talk to their owners..

Shenango Valley Region AACA - 39 Years Of Classic Car Collecting - 29th Annual Car Show

if anyone here is not to far from Mercer County, PA drop on in and maybe we will get to meet

Quick Reply: How to Win at Car Shows ?