General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

How much do you `love your Monte Carlo ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 09:34 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: How much do you `love your Monte Carlo ?

I voted 80 to 100% of the time. But kinda like Duane, I get ticked off every time I see one of the 2004-2006 GTO's. Nothing personal Joe. I just get reminded of how GM decided to be ******, and wouldn't sell the GTO in Canada.

Old 05-14-2008, 09:51 AM

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: Taz

I voted 80 to 100% of the time. But kinda like Duane, I get ticked off every time I see one of the 2004-2006 GTO's. Nothing personal Joe. I just get reminded of how GM decided to be ******, and wouldn't sell the GTO in Canada.
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Mod `Taz,[/align][align=center]I couldn't understand why Canada did notpermit[/align][align=center]the sales of the GTO in Canada,[/align][align=center]so I looked it up & found the below information[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]Pontiac GTO charges again, but only in U.S.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
By Jim Kenzie [/align][center]May 15, 2004
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla.

-A lot of Canadian car enthusiasts are cheesed that General Motors of Canada has chosen not to import the Pontiac GTO coupe, powered by a Corvette V8. [X(]

After all, the Goat, as this original muscle car was dubbed, is one of the hallowed names of domestic automotive history. And the new one looks to be a worthy successor.

The new GTO coupe suggests a four-seat Vette, and who wouldn't like the sound of that idea? But GM Canada figured that projected sales would be too small to justify meeting Transport Canada standards and to support the product (making dealers keep it in stock, supplying parts and servicing, etc.).

"The vehicle safety standards for bumper systems are different in Canada than they are in the U.S.," says Stew Low, director of corporate affairs for General Motors of Canada.

"The business case for importing the Pontiac GTO to Canada did not support the time and resources required to re-engineer not only bumper systems but other unique requirements for Canada." Still, you should know about this car, and we'll stop at (almost) nothing, not even flying to Fort Lauderdale in early spring, to bring you Automotive Truth.

For a car carrying so much Amurr'can heritage, the reborn GTO has a distinctly British Commonwealth genesis. GM says the car is "based on" the Australian Holden Monaro platform.

Well, not really: this car is the Holden Monaro, built alongside its Aussie brother down under, with a different front end and badges.

And that star-spangled, 5.7-litre, aluminum-block, pushrod Corvette V8? That comes from St. Catharines, in this case developing 350 hp at 5,200 rpm and 365 lb.-ft. of torque at 4,000 rpm.

The base transmission is GM's four-speed automatic; a six-speed Tremec (formerly Borg-Warner) manual is an extra-cost option.

This rear-wheel-drive, two-door has been criticized by some Pontiac fans for looking too refined, too European.

Okay, there is the twin-kidney grille, but nary a slab of body-side cladding, no egregious styling excesses.

Even the little rear-deck spoiler doesn't look too bad.

I think the car looks spectacular, especially in the bright metallic blue of my test car. It drew many approving glances from onlookers.

No matter your opinion on the styling, you won't find any General Motors product built on this continent with wheel-to-fender gaps as small as these, with a stance as good as this, with body panel apertures as precise as these.

Nor will you find any GM car built anywhere with an interior as well crafted.

The front seats are little short of magnificent. Big, fabulously bolstered, amazingly comfortable and supportive, and with enough room for drivers of all sizes - Aussies must have big butts, too.

The

Old 05-14-2008, 09:54 AM

i love it when gas isnt 3.60 a gallon for reg. lmao

Old 05-14-2008, 10:15 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2011
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

ORIGINAL: Nocturnx

100%, the best car I've ever owned!

Montess2k, that just gives you a reason to buy a racing tranny for it
Exactly what I did, sent the car off to dynotech in Long Island New York, it now has a tranny capable of holding up to approximately 500HP....that was last year, this year I have to see how true that is by adding more power to it soon...

as for Canada, isn't easier to import a skyline there then it is to the U.S. yep that makes us even for us getting the GTO...lol....J/K

Joe

Old 05-14-2008, 11:04 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

I don't think I have any issues with my Monte so I say 100% - this does not include the paint spider cracking on the bumper - it's not the car's fault.

Old 05-14-2008, 01:03 PM
rj
15 Year Member

I put 0-20% of the time.

Why????????????

Cause if I posted more of the time, there's 6 - '57 Chevies waiting to kick my @$$ for me out in the barn.
[sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 05-14-2008, 01:35 PM

lmao rj d00d

and space no no no im thinking more around the lingenfelter edition vette

Old 05-14-2008, 02:47 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2011

I musta missed where the corvette discssuion came into play, but if we are discssuing them....ZR1......end of discussion....

lol
Joe

Old 05-14-2008, 02:49 PM

lol, hey joe maybe u should check this out

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TYdcIuB2vz8

and

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cnAwoGSoPdg - bad lang in this

Old 05-14-2008, 03:06 PM

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: rj

I put 0-20% of the time.

Why????????????

Cause if I posted more of the time, there's 6 - '57 Chevies waiting to kick my @$$ for me out in the barn.
[sm=icon_rofl.gif]
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]R.J. we are really conFuZed by your post/vote in the poll on[/align][align=center]how much you `Love your Monte Carlo ?[/align][align=center]I know you love your 57's Chevy's, but this was aboutthe Monte Carlo.[/align][align=center]You don't have to tellyour 57 Chevy's that you love your Monte,[/align][align=center]it can be our secret : )[/align][align=center]I hope your Monte doesn't read/hear how your voted : ( [X(][/align][align=center]Remember, your Montehas On`Star, and your Monte LTZ may be [/align][align=center]check'in the MCF now. So `if she doesn't start next time you go to drive. [/align][align=center]Remember this post : ) LOL ~LOL[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I thought 4-Sure that you would post "Why isn't there just a 100% love for Monte's ?[/align][align=center]Peace/Out/Space[/align]

Quick Reply: How much do you `love your Monte Carlo ?