General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.
View Poll Results: How Many Tickets have you had ?
Never Had a Ticket : ) Been Lucky 4- Sure : )
15.49%
one ticket
22.54%
2 tickets
5.63%
3 tickets
5.63%
4 tickets : (
11.27%
5 tickets : (
2.82%
More then 5 tickets
26.76%
Lost License: to many tickets or 4 StreetRacing/ DUI etc : (
9.86%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

How many tickets have you had ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 06:45 AM

No tickets (knock on wood) but I've been stopped 6 times.

2 times when I lived in Georgia for speeding in my 94 Bonnie and both times I had too many people in the car, and both times just got a warning.

Since living in NH I got stopped once for going 65 in a 45, I told them I was running late for work so they let me go.

I got stopped once because I drifted slightly into the breakdown lane so they thought I was drinking and I wasn't so they did a sobriety test which I passed so no ticket.

I got stopped again in my 99 Bonnie because they thought the exhaust was illegal, which it wasn't because it was a chambered dynomax muffler, which is 100% legal. It just happened to be at the end of the month, on a Friday night and he had someone else stopped and I went by him going up hill at part throttle which was when the exhaust was the loudest. Not even a mile later I see his blues on behind me. I didn't get a ticket.

I've only been stopped once in the monte shortly after buying it and that was just for a plate light being out, and I was only 500 feet from home. I think he just wanted to hear me talk to see if I was drinking because all he said after he ran my licence was have a good night

I think my radar detector and and a little luck has helped me not get any tickets. I always have and always will drive 5-10 mph over. I just can't drive the speed limit. Being my Monte stands out like a sore thumb I'll probably be stopped again in the future, but my theory is if you nice to the cop, they will be nice to you.

Old 09-07-2009, 10:39 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

ive had one ticket, never been pulled over tho, it was from my accident so i couldnt really run

Old 09-07-2009, 12:16 PM

got 3 tickets between ages 16-19. worst one was 50 in 30mph zone with 3 cases of beer in the trunk luckily the cop didn't want to search the car! none in the last 5 years knock on wood...

Old 09-07-2009, 08:50 PM

Well...ive gotten 3 one im still pending court on...n that the age of 17-19...n each offense also was ticketed for no ins and dl lol..it was a common habit of mine to never carry my license...n for some reason i never have the updated ins card...but i have to say May 25, 2008 was my scariest day of my life...day of graduation got pulled over goin 76 n 65...got hand cuffed n nearly went to jail...but luckily i remembered my dl number...n fu**er realized i was a minor n let me out of cuffs quick...so yea...i think everyone should take a quick look at there ins card n see if its up to date lol...oh yea and one more cool and unusal fact...ALL my tickets have been issued by the local friendly CONSTABLES...hahaha yall can image wat kind of hell im goin through

Old 09-07-2009, 09:12 PM

In the 11 years i've been driving i've recieved around 15 tickets or so. Most of those were when i had my brown 79 monte carlo. I think i got like 5 speeding tickets in the 4 years i had it plus several seat belt and other minor things like no front license plate. In my new monte carlo, i've been pulled over once. I had a couple beers at the bar and i didn't get slowed down fast enough when the speed limit dropped from 35 to 25. I barely blew over at the scene, but blew below the limit at the station, so i didnt get a DUI. No more drinking and driving for me. But i still have a leadfoot lol.

Old 09-07-2009, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by labnjab
but my theory is if you nice to the cop, they will be nice to you.
I was polite and nice. I got pulled over doing 80 in a 65 by the Arizona highway patrol. I was on my way from Las Vegas to Zion and you cross through a corner of Arizona. The speed limit goes from 75 to 65. He was hiding out of site in the brush. When he gave me my ticket he said happy birthday. Yup it was my birthday. Such a nice guy. lol

Old 09-08-2009, 04:55 AM

LoL `Todd, atleast he said Happy Birthday : )
He was just doing his `job,
but no one likes to be caught for their violations.
_________________________________________-

Thanks Member's for posting your traffic ticket story.
So far, I'm the only stupid one that got their
license suspended : (, or the only one that admit's `it : )
Wish EveryBoday safe travels in their Monte's.

OK, Whose next 2 post their Story ?

Old 09-08-2009, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by KidSpace

Thanks Member's for posting your traffic ticket story.
So far, I'm the only stupid one that got their
license suspended : (, or the only one that admit's `it : )
Wish EveryBoday safe travels in their Monte's.

OK, Whose next 2 post their Story ?

I almost forgot, I did loose my license for 4 months, but it had absolutely nothing to do with driving. I was at a graduation party 2 miles in the woods and I was 18 and drinking. I passed out in the tent at 3 am and woke up to a cop shoving a breathalyzer in my face at 6 am. I blew a .06 and found myself in court a month later and the had to pay a $300 fine and they took my license for a 4 months. Which really sucks when your a mechanic. They called it internal possession and in NH anyone under 19 caught drinking looses their license for a minimum of 4 months, even if their doing the responsible thing and not drinking. And they hit me up for another $100 when I finally got it back

The part that really pissed me off is the people who caused the cops to get called by rallying up and down the roads and making all kinds of noise, were not invited and were not there when the cops showed up.

I guess the only good thing is is hasn't affected my insurance rate and I haven't drank since other then one here or there

Old 09-08-2009, 06:39 AM

WoW, thanks 4 post'in LabNjab..., That sucks, but it's great that
you weren't behind the wheel of your ride...
Mistakes sure can cost Big $'s 4-Sure.
Internal Possession I'd call it invasion of privacy : )

I'm just glad/happy that I've haven't been caught
4 all the Stupid Stuff I've done or the Bum's
and I during our teen years : )
We all would be in a cage : )
We live, and hopefully we learn...many don't : )
Wish U & readers of this post a Happy
Your Choice

Old 09-08-2009, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by labnjab
I almost forgot, I did loose my license for 4 months, but it had absolutely nothing to do with driving. I was at a graduation party 2 miles in the woods and I was 18 and drinking. I passed out in the tent at 3 am and woke up to a cop shoving a breathalyzer in my face at 6 am. I blew a .06 and found myself in court a month later and the had to pay a $300 fine and they took my license for a 4 months. Which really sucks when your a mechanic. They called it internal possession and in NH anyone under 19 caught drinking looses their license for a minimum of 4 months, even if their doing the responsible thing and not drinking. And they hit me up for another $100 when I finally got it back

The part that really pissed me off is the people who caused the cops to get called by rallying up and down the roads and making all kinds of noise, were not invited and were not there when the cops showed up.

I guess the only good thing is is hasn't affected my insurance rate and I haven't drank since other then one here or there
yeah i know what ya mean labnjab! while attending college in mankato, cops would always hassle us when walking home from the bars late at night and would give people public intoxications like they were candy. luckily, i talked myself out of a few of them and i would joke around with them and say, "ok next time i'll just drive home from the bar cuz i'm less likely to get hassled by the police, lol!" (obviously i would never do that though) 95% of the time, everyone is just looking to get home and go to bed and it's sad we get hassled for it.

Quick Reply: How many tickets have you had ?