General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

How long have U had `it ? How long will U keep it ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 08:55 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I've had my Monte since late 2003/early 2004, I'll be keeping it til the day it is beyond totalled, and if I ever get another Monte, it will undoubtedly be a 2006ish SS.

Old 05-09-2010, 09:55 PM

1. How long have you had your Monte Carlo?
Since Aug. 2006 so this summer marks year #4

2. How long do you plan on keeping it?
Long as it lasts me. I don't plan on ever selling it so as long as I can hold on to it I suppose.

3. Do you plan on getting another Monte Carlo?
If I did it'd most likely be a 4th gen, but who knows if I do or not.

Old 05-09-2010, 10:05 PM

Member Bumpin96Monte, `Chad's above post
precipitated the below questions.
Thanks `Chad
Thanks- glad to see I inspired a new thread

1. How long have you had your Monte Carlo ?
Since I was 15, almost 16- and since I just turned 26, that makes it just a bit over 10 years that I've had her.

2. How long do you plan on keeping it ?
Forever... seriously. Only way I'd get rid of it was if it was an absolutely unrepairable total loss (garage burns down in a major fire, car gets hit by a train, those kinda things). Everyone always tells me 'boy do I ever wish I still had my first car'.

3. Do you plan on getting another Monte Carlo ?
What year/model ? etc.?
I really wanted an LS4 7th gen when I got my GXP (I was looking for a 2 door replacement for my GTP that had about 300 hp)- but they were too tough to find, and the GXP had the edge in options.

I think it would be cool to find a stock 96 LS in white- and get it all cleaned up, and leave it bone stock. It would be neat to park next to my monte.

I definitely could see myself picking up a 6th gen someday- although I swore to myself my next car will be something different (after owning 6 wbodys in a row).

Old 05-09-2010, 10:13 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

I have had mine since october 2007 so thats a little over 2 1/2 years.

I have no choice but to keep it for a while now with the new house payments ill be making. I hope to find a little beater 4cyl 5 speed car to drive to and from work in the future, tho its not necessary with the less than 2 minute drive to work I will have. Maybe then the monte could go in the garage and get a little TLC during the winter months. It will probably be my DD for a while tho until I can afford to drop some money on another ride.

Old 05-09-2010, 10:21 PM

Had mine a year and a half now, plan on keeping it even (god forbid) if it quits running (beyond repair) just for the memory.
I will, for sure, be getting another in the future.

Old 05-09-2010, 10:22 PM

1. How long have you had your Monte Carlo ? I have had it for almost 2 months now....I love it!

2. How long do you plan on keeping it ? I hope to have it forever, literally. I love this thing, and my family is heavily in to drag racing. Without a doubt this thing will turn into a full blown drag car one day in the future. Long after I pay it off hopefully. If it gets wrecked, that will just give me a better reason to start converting it sooner

What year/model ? etc.? As of right now, no. But if I were to come across another one, I would get an 80's SS. If they ever came out with a new one that's a RWD V8, I would in a heartbeat.

Old 05-10-2010, 03:47 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Quote:
Member Bumpin96Monte, `Chad's above post
precipitated the below questions.
Thanks `Chad
Thanks- glad to see I inspired a new thread

Yes `Chad, your contributing words/posts do not just inspire, but they reflect your knowledge of the awesome Monte Carlo. Thank you for sharing your experience. It is appreciated for sure.

Thanks member's for posting in this thread...I really enjoyed reading your answers. Look forward to reading
more member's answer's to the thread questions. "For the Love of Monte Carlo".

Old 05-10-2010, 09:18 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Questions to answer:

1. How long have you had your Monte Carlo ?

I've had the car in my name for 4 years now, My parents' were the original buyers, we special ordered the car (at the time knowing that I was getting it, so I had a lot of say in the order process) I purchased it from my parents' when I had the money and was able to help them out.

2. How long do you plan on keeping it ?

I honestly plan on keeping the car forever. She's been my baby, and I have never loved a car like I love this one. It was my Mother's dream-car and quickly became mine. I'm in the process of looking for a DD so I can park this car and do as much of a restoration that I can.

What year/model ? etc.?

If I find a great deal on one, yes. I'm currently saving money to get a daily driver. So far I have it narrowed down to...

Another Monte
00+ Grand Prix GTP
04+ Impala SS
00+ Regal GS
00+ Bonneville SSEi (see a pattern?)
98+ F-Body

Whichever car I find first with the best deal will be my new one lol... hoping that will be next year the latest.

Old 05-10-2010, 10:09 AM

1. 10 months (Since the end of July '09)
2. No plans to get rid of it yet.
3. Would like an 07 SS and/or a nice fourth gen SS... or a nice 05/06 GTO if any of those become a reality #2 will have a more definate answer.

Old 05-10-2010, 10:14 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I've had my Monte since 6/15/2007, I bought it brand new. Will be 3 year (gosh, I can't believe its been that long already) on June 15th of this year.

I honestly don't know how long I plan on keeping it???? I would like to say forever, but I really don't know. Definitely for a LONG LONG time.

I would buy another Monte if something happend to mine, but probably will not have two at the sametime.

Quick Reply: How long have U had `it ? How long will U keep it ?