General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

How To Haggle?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 09:27 PM

It never hurts to try to go low but if lowball he may get offended Id say $4,500 is a good starting point if you feel you cant afford that you could try $4,200 but high 3s to me would be offending if it helps any compare Grand Prix GTPs in the same area and other supercharged montes. The GPs are basically the same thing and will give you a good idea what theyre going for in your are but also figure miles and year will be a difference

Old 03-03-2012, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by BlackRainSS
It never hurts to try to go low but if lowball he may get offended Id say $4,500 is a good starting point if you feel you cant afford that you could try $4,200 but high 3s to me would be offending if it helps any compare Grand Prix GTPs in the same area and other supercharged montes. The GPs are basically the same thing and will give you a good idea what theyre going for in your are but also figure miles and year will be a difference
i'll start at 42,00 and go from there, that sounds like a good starting point. should i even start making offers tomorrow? or play it off as "hey ill be in touch with you if I'm further interested, I've still got a few more cars to look at" ?

Old 03-03-2012, 09:53 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I would be offended if it was mine and tell you to hit the road if you offered me anything in the 3's. Low 4's is even along way off from $5900. But you have tom start somewhere. I would say he has done his research and knows what it is worth. I think he is probably looking for $5500. Also it depends on haw fast he wants to move it. I wouldn't mess around for days, Make him an offer and leave your phone number. He may think about it and call you. Good Luck.
PS. Drive it first before making any kind offer.

Old 03-03-2012, 09:57 PM

always lowball them,but not low enough to offend the seller,cause other wise they might tell you get the hell out,had to do that a couple times:p hahaha

Old 03-03-2012, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by 77gp
I would be offended if it was mine and tell you to hit the road if you offered me anything in the 3's. Low 4's is even along way off from $5900. But you have tom start somewhere. I would say he has done his research and knows what it is worth. I think he is probably looking for $5500. Also it depends on haw fast he wants to move it. I wouldn't mess around for days, Make him an offer and leave your phone number. He may think about it and call you. Good Luck.
PS. Drive it first before making any kind offer.
good point my friend. Here, ill put the craigslist add in this post, look at it and tell me what you think an acceptable starting price would be. i was aiming for $4,200 or $4,500.
( it doesn't say mileage, but I called and asked and it has 135,000)

2004 CHEVROLET MONTE CARLO INTIMIDATOR "SS"

Old 03-03-2012, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by 04chevyboy
always lowball them,but not low enough to offend the seller,cause other wise they might tell you get the hell out,had to do that a couple times:p hahaha
I will try I hope it wont have to come to that XD

Old 03-03-2012, 10:08 PM

Nice car, I'd say that to be true also offering in the 4s may offend him ya never know Id for sure point out the flaws ask the bottom dollar offer a bit lower than that and see how it goes

Old 03-03-2012, 10:09 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

it looks nice. I would say $4500 but doubtful that will be successful. But again depends how bad he needs the cash and how fast. It has been for sale for over a week, so that's definitely in your favor.

Old 03-03-2012, 10:12 PM

I wouldnt say a week is too long of a time I had my camaro for sale over a year lol but u never know. if u drive it and love it and are sure its the one for you try and work with him. Trust me having the supercharger is well worth it.

Old 03-03-2012, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by BlackRainSS
Nice car, I'd say that to be true also offering in the 4s may offend him ya never know Id for sure point out the flaws ask the bottom dollar offer a bit lower than that and see how it goes
yea true but like i said $4,500 is just a starting point. I'd be happy with $5,200 or even $5,500. ya know?