General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

How To Haggle?

Old 03-03-2012, 08:58 PM
Default How To Haggle?

Hello all,

My very first car was an LS, long story short, it cost me over half of what I spent on it in repairs, and it officially **** the bed two weeks ago. I am shopping around for a new Monte Carlo, and I believe I found one that is a good deal. Only problem? I'm an 18 year old student who has only owned one car. He's selling an 04 Intimidator for $5,900 with 135,000. I know its not worth that much, so how can I get him to lower his price? Any advice?

-Herls

Old 03-03-2012, 09:05 PM

Dont act excited or like you want it badly even if you do, point out the flaws tire wear, interior wear, rust, chips anything like that that would make the value go down. And when you point those out throw out a cost like say tires will cost me this much or there is rust here that'll cost this much to fix etc etc. Overall get his bottom dollar offer him less and if he says no say ill see what I can do. See if he calls ya back. If you're worried about it being sold after telling him u will think about it offer him a few hundo less than his bottom dollar and say u can do it for that and see what he says.

Old 03-03-2012, 09:05 PM

That is if you can afford that.

Old 03-03-2012, 09:07 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

In good condition its worth $7000 id offer $4500 to start & work your way up a lil at a time till he agrees

Old 03-03-2012, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
In good condition its worth $7000 id offer $4500 to start & work your way up a lil at a time till he agrees
I didnt look up the NADA or the KBB cause I'm play madden 2011 on my 3rd season in 2 day but I was guessing its worth at least the $5900 thats being asked if not more good to know.

Old 03-03-2012, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by BlackRainSS
Dont act excited or like you want it badly even if you do, point out the flaws tire wear, interior wear, rust, chips anything like that that would make the value go down. And when you point those out throw out a cost like say tires will cost me this much or there is rust here that'll cost this much to fix etc etc. Overall get his bottom dollar offer him less and if he says no say ill see what I can do. See if he calls ya back. If you're worried about it being sold after telling him u will think about it offer him a few hundo less than his bottom dollar and say u can do it for that and see what he says.
thank you for taking the time to help me, i really do appreciate it ill remember to point out the flaws and such. what would make him call back? if i played it off as I was looking at others and said if i'm interested i'll be in touch?

Old 03-03-2012, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
if it's really worth 7k, then thats a good starting point, but I had the idea it would be worth less, due to how old it is plus mileage. I'm not sure though

Old 03-03-2012, 09:17 PM

I didnt look up the NADA or the KBB cause I'm play madden 2011 on my 3rd season in 2 day but I was guessing its worth at least the $5900 thats being asked if not more good to know.

Old 03-03-2012, 09:19 PM

He would call back if its been sitting awhile or if he really wants to get rid of it. If he hasnt had a lot of interest in it then he'd try to get rid of it. But it being Supercharged I'm guessing theres going to be interest. I got mine for $5,600 the guy wanted $7,000 but he really needed a truck because it was almost racing season so I worked him down a bit because it needed a rear 02 sensor (engine light was on) and the tires were junk and it had one small scratch i'm getting fixed. Its a 2005 SS SUperchared with 77,500 miles

Old 03-03-2012, 09:24 PM

He would call back if its been sitting awhile or if he really wants to get rid of it. If he hasnt had a lot of interest in it then he'd try to get rid of it. But it being Supercharged I'm guessing theres going to be interest. I got mine for $5,600 the guy wanted $7,000 but he really needed a truck because it was almost racing season so I worked him down a bit because it needed a rear 02 sensor (engine light was on) and the tires were junk and it had one small scratch i'm getting fixed. Its a 2005 SS SUperchared with 77,500 miles
hmmm. well he's not really looking for trades, so I can't offer him anything (my folks have a vehicle they're looking to get rid of) the story is it was his brothers and he passed away not to long ago, so he's just looking to get extra cash out of it. how low do you think he'd be willing to go? mid 4's? high 3's?

Search this Thread