General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

How did you fall in love with your monte?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 08:53 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Much like Tad in retrospec,

My then wife and I had a grenada (77) t was hers when we met....(I have never owned a ford product) just to be clear...

Someone stole it?
But she also got it back...and it was junk...So we went to Ed Rinke chevrolet on Vandyke in warren....Saw this 1985 MonteCarlo CL that was a dealer demo.....all white with T Tops...(tinted)..Fully Loaded with all the bells and whistles! Spoked hub caps, with a wine Burgundy interior.
Cloth seats....It had LUXURY LOOK AT ME all over it! It was ego time!
I loved that car. But it to was stolen and never found again....
That was the only other automatic we owned back then...
All my following vehicles were sticks...

After the wreck (which made me a left leg above knee amputee in 1997)
I new I could never comfortably drive stick again...My current vehcle at that time was a cavalier Z-34 stick of course.
I gave that car to my younger brother who at the time was in dire straights and needed a reliable vehicle...
Which meant I had to buy a new one....Being the Nascar fan that I am.
I Went back to Ed Rinke Chevrolet, Sat down at the desk and asked what a new MOnteCarlo Z-34 would run me and what options were available..
So, I ordered it brand new with all the bells and whistles you could get!
2 weeks later Bam! I owned it! $27,000 dollars later I drove it off the Lot!
Straight to an Auto ,Truck, accessory shop and had all the ground effects instahled followed by a billet grileand the hand painted custom Graphics.
From there I went to Mickey Shores, and had the Complete MTX sound system instahled along with my code alarm system....I have loved my car ever since!
I wouldnt trade it for the world ! I will drive it til the wheels fall off! and is no longer driveable!!

Last edited by STUMPMI; 12-23-2012 at 09:00 PM.
Old 12-24-2012, 12:51 AM

[QUOTE=STUMPMI;515866]Much like Tad in retrospec,

My then wife and I had a grenada (77) t was hers when we met....(I have never owned a ford product) just to be clear...

Someone stole it?
But she also got it back...and it was junk...QUOTE]

Same thing happened to my car too. My 90 accord was stolen from a coworker and later found destroyed.

Old 12-24-2012, 01:57 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I was looking for my second car, i loved my first car but my mom wanted it to trade in so she could get a new car, seeing she paid for it and such i had no say in keeping my 03 cavalier.
But finally i could pick and buy my own car under my name. Originally i was looking for a small truck. I worked security at the mall and we had a chevy colorado as the security truck and i loved it so i was looking for one of those. But one day i was driving through a town not far from my hometown and i spotted this sporty looking red car i had no idea what it was but i wanted it! I test drove the 02 monte carlo ss and instantly loved it! I had to get it it looked incredible! No other car looked like it.
I bought that and had a fantastic 3 and 1/2 years with it, i still miss that car. But when it started to fall apart on me, i had 2 choices, fix it up (it had some sort of electrical problem the dealer couldnt figure out) or get a new ride. Now i coulda fixed it up but it was a perfect excuse to snag a V8 monte carlo! So i looked for a 7th gen ss and there were only 3 for sale in my area! One had 86k miles so i was left with 2 to pick from, a red one of black. I just had a red monte ss so i got Black Licorice! And instantly adored this car!

Old 12-24-2012, 07:25 AM

Hmm....well lets see...my sister bought home her 02 monte ss and I was 16 at that time..no permit or license, but she let me test drive it around the block, and i was in love. fully loaded and power....So i ended up getting it when i was 20, it was beaten by then and I was fixing it up..all of a sudden bam, someone T boned me a month after having it and getting the transmission rebuilt ! !!

But one of my moms friends had a 06 monte he had at his shop that no one wanted, 66k miles and I was in love. I was hoping it was a SS but it was a LS! Hell i didnt care I just wanted the beaty. now were rocking it hard and got big plans for my baby. I first wanted one when i saw one riding 22s with a sunroof and dark tint, and it took off at the stop light like a black jet with shiny wheels, i LOVED it

Old 12-24-2012, 08:32 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

First off, it's all about GM cars for me...

I totaled my 03 Cavalier LS Sport Coupe, 5 Speed (fully loaded). I absolutely loved my Cavalier. When on the hunt for a new car, I was thinking, go for the newer Cavalier...a Cobalt coupe. I was searching dealer lots for them, because I knew I wanted a fully loaded one, with the sports package and a 5 Speed (harder to find). While at the dealer, I saw a black Monte SS on the show room floor, LOVED IT! But there was no way I was going from over 30 MPG, to a V8, not to mention, the 30K sticker was out of my range at the time. The sales guy instantly perked up and said he had a V6 Monte out back, that i'd probably really like. So he showed it to me, instantly LOVED the color, test drove it and loved the car. Sticker price was still pretty steep, considering I was looking at spending 12-15K on a used Cobalt. Well, my Monte was a 2006 brand new, but this all took place in June of 2007. Because the dealer wanted it off the lot, they discounted it 5K, and gave me 0% on a 5 yr loan. SOLD. I have loved my Monte ever since, 165K later, and I still love it.

Old 12-30-2012, 08:10 PM

It was back in 09.....I bought an 06 Monte ls...I loved it because that was the car wanted I.didn't settle.for anything else. A year after I researched the Monte v8. Went in for a.test drive and didn't even think about it. Traded my v6 for this bad *** baby.

Name:  CraigsImage584423118_zps839d3e6d.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  47.0 KB