Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

>What Cars Did You Love at First, But Are Now Tired of Seeing? <

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 09:33 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Arrow >What Cars Did You Love at First, But Are Now Tired of Seeing? <

What Cars Did You Love at First, But Are Now Tired of Seeing?

Posted on 23 March 2015 by Tony Markovich

When I first saw the 2006 Chevrolet Camaro Concept, I was immediately in love. The return of the legendary muscle car captured my heart and made a lasting impression. But that was nine years ago, and now, the car has sadly become stale to my tastes. Although there have been a few refreshes, some changes here and there, the body and styling of the Camaro have largely remained the same. I don’t like repetition.

I like different, which is why I’m scared that the 2016 Camaro is going to look too much like the current model. I’m already sick of seeing 50 of these things running around L.A. every single day. This got me wondering. What other previously exciting cars are out there that are now boring? Are you tired of the Audi design? What about BMW’s kidney bean grille? Tell us your thoughts and opinions in the comments below.
RELATED: The 2016 Chevrolet Camaro Definitely Looks Different

RELATED: See Photos of the Hardcore Chevrolet Camaro Z/28
Promoted LinksPromoted Links

More From BoldRide

This Mercedes A-Class is a Rare Sight in the US

Undo

2015 Chrysler 300S is as Big and Brash as it Gets: First D…

Undo

This 1,000HP Mid-Engine Corvette Needs a New Ow…

Undo

Let’s Hope the New McLaren Sports Car Looks This P…

Old 03-24-2015, 09:37 AM

Let’s Hope the New McLaren Sports Car Looks This Pretty

Posted on 23 March 2015 by Jeff Perez

Next month at the New York Auto Show, McLaren will be showing off a car it’s been teasing for a long time now. It will be called the 570S, and it will be the smallest car in the lineup. Though, we won’t what it will look like until it actually debuts in New York.
Thankfully, rendering artist Wild Speed mocked up a preview of what to expect based on a few spy photos. And by the looks of it, it’s bound to be as pretty as the rest of the lineup.
RELATED: See Photos of the McLaren P1 Hypercar

Old 03-24-2015, 09:42 AM

Hi Member's,
I'm not tired of seeing the Camaro I don't like 2 see abused ones, but I don't like to see any nice vehicle that is abused by the owner.

I look 4ward to seeing the 2016 Chevy Camaro & other new rides.
What do you think ? I'm tired of seeing auto writer's/reviewer's posting articles to justify their job/position. I'm also getting tired of reading some of my posts/threads >LOL<4>Sure
*Note* It can `be difficult sometimes to find good articles/subjects to fill in the empty spaces on the Web & the MCF. If you have a interesting topic (?) Please post/share >ThankYou! <

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 03-24-2015 at 09:44 AM.
Old 03-24-2015, 09:44 AM
Monte of the Month -- March 2015
3 Year Member1 Year Member

The Mustang, When I was younger I used to love Mustangs. They were my favorite car but anymore there is just way to many on the road. I think out of all the sports cars it is the one I see the most and its not even ones from the early 2000s. They are all the ones from 2010 and up.

Old 03-24-2015, 09:49 AM

Hi `Zach,
Thanks for being the 1st to post on this thread. I also think there's a lot of Mustangs on the Road...I still like some of their Models, especially the ones that the owner adds a few Mod to make them stand out from the rest....

I think it's the same with the Monte Carlo..., especially here on the MCF Many or most Member's have done things to their Monte's to make it their own....Just view our Monte of the Month Winner's & just about every Monte Carlo is different in it's own way...That's another major reason why I love visiting the MCF

Old 03-24-2015, 10:12 AM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

I see way too many Mustangs. I think Ford had to give them away...LOL

Old 03-24-2015, 11:33 AM
Talking Over 8.5 + Mustangs Sold (infor from 2013)

Originally Posted by P343
I see way too many Mustangs. I think Ford had to give them away...LOL

Hi `Barbara,
If Ford is giving them away > I'll take one > Sell `it &
buy a 1st or 4th Gen Chevy Monte Carlo.
The total Mustangs Sold in 2013 was
8.5 Million Mustangs Sold

The Ford Mustang is celebrating twin milestones, with production of the classic American car entering its 50th year, and the production of the one-millionth Pony model at its current Flat Rock assembly plant.
Forty-nine years after its 1964 New York debut, the Ford Mustang is this year beginning its 50th year of continuous production.
And nine years after production of one of America’s favourite sports cars shifted to Ford’s Flat Rock assembly plant in Michigan in 2004, the factory has rolled its one-millionth Mustang out of its doors.

image: http://www.caradvice.com.au/thumb/77...k-Timeline.jpg

Group vice president for global product development Raj Nair said he expects the Flat Rock assembly plant’s outstanding reputation for quality to continue for many years to come.
“Mustang is one of the most beloved nameplates in the industry, with fans around the world and throughout Ford Motor Company,” Nair said.
“We’ve invested US$555 million ($539 million) including a state-of-the-art, fully flexible body shop and an upgraded paint shop to make sure we’re continuing to build the best of the best for the next one million Mustangs,” Flat Rock plant manager Tim Young said.
Ford will be adding 1400 jobs and a second shift at the Flat Rock plant as part of a support plan for the production the new EcoBoost-powered Ford Fusion, due to be released in the US later in the year before reaching Australia in 2014 badged as theFord Mondeo.
The American manufacturer has produced and sold more than 8.5 million Mustangs to date.
http://www.caradvice.com.au/226658/f...on-milestones/
^ Source link above

Old 03-24-2015, 11:43 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

Not so much something that I loved, but I'm so tired of seeing SUVs running around. Everything on the road today just looks so cookie-cutter.

Old 03-24-2015, 12:07 PM
Talking Want a Cookie Car (LOL)

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
Not so much something that I loved, but I'm so tired of seeing SUVs running around. Everything on the road today just looks so cookie-cutter.

I just close my eyes when I see them
I `do like the cookie cutter cars that I can eat or beat @ the track (lol)

Williams Sonoma has just released a set of 4 cookie cutters for the Disney Pixar movie Cars 2. The 4 cutters in the shapes of the car characters; Lightening McQueen, Tow Mater, Francesco Bernoulli, and Finn McMissle are plastic with a spring loaded insert that imprints details, similar to their Star Wars sets. Cutters are approximately 3" x 2" each and are available now online at the Williams Sonoma website or in stores about mid-June.

Old 03-24-2015, 12:48 PM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by BeachBumMike

If Ford is giving them away > I'll take one > Sell `it &
buy a 1st or 4th Gen Chevy Monte Carlo.
The total Mustangs Sold in 2013 was
8.5 Million Mustangs Sold
Yeah, I would take a Ford if given to me also and I would sell it and buy another Monte!!

Quick Reply: >What Cars Did You Love at First, But Are Now Tired of Seeing? <