General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

HID's

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 10:53 PM

that was going to be my next question.

Old 05-24-2009, 11:56 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Originally Posted by zwc0442
What is everyone doing about their daytime running lights? Do you have to disable them when running hid's? Also when you lock/unlock the doors the low beams flash. Is this going to bother the ballasts? Thanks
I believe removing the fuse will rectify that.

Old 05-25-2009, 11:50 PM

i think maverick had a post about how to disable them in out current gen(06-07) cars but im not sure if it would work. he crossed two simple wires. i myself just turn the light dial on mine and they cut off. the only time my lows cut on with the fob, is when its starts to get dark. otherwise my parking lights just blink

Old 05-26-2009, 03:46 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2009

when unlock or lock my car there is no bad affect on the ballasts,

When I want to disable my hids from staying off I do it manually by swithing the lights off

For the monte man I have the how to installs and where I placed my ballasts at on ,my cardomain page.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2724733/5

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2724733/19

I bet if you asked the tech guys at the dealership they beable to tell us if and how we can turn off the daytime running lights, There should be a setting, look through your owners manual, the buttons on the side on the dash where you can check your oil percentage in those buttons would be the option to change the lights from being on, play with it and see what options come up, I will play with mine and see if I can figure it out too.

Old 05-26-2009, 03:53 PM

i checked out your page. looks good. did you do the hi beams too? hard to tell its to bright in the pic. i didnt do the hi beams on my 80 im running 6000k and they are way brighter then the hi beams ever were. lookin to do it to the 06 just tryin to get an idea of what everyones doing with theres.

Old 05-26-2009, 04:03 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2009

Thank you, I did not do my Hi Beams because I don't use them Unless I go to another state because of the roads being darker,

You can do them they are easy to do, There is a connection out there now so you can plug into your sockets and have the hi beams and low beams connected to one ballasts, look up hi and lo beam hid kits. There is a speacial connection and they are cheaper than buying two seperate sets, but you might be able to get the connection and hi beam size lights and connect them to the existing set you already have. Just have to research it, I know they are out there.

I have 12k Hids

Old 05-26-2009, 04:17 PM

yeah the guy i got them from had something like that i think he had it listed as a slider kit or something along those lines.

Old 05-27-2009, 11:38 PM

FIY guys Retro-fit HID's are ILLEGAL unless installed into a proper HID projector with the cut off line, this is why you see all high end BMW's, Mercedes, Acura's, ect. with projector headlights and HIDS, they give off way to much glare and are blinding to oncoming drivers, unless fitted into a projector dont do it!!! Dont be the guy with the annoying/blinding headlights!! Plus you will get pulled over if you blind a cop..like Monteman said "their brighter than his highbeams" If your gonna do HID's Do it right!! Here's a respectable website
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/
and stay away from the Junk on ebay please!!

Old 05-28-2009, 07:12 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

WOW. I haven't been to that forum in years. I forgot about them.

Old 05-28-2009, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by JJsRYD
WOW. I haven't been to that forum in years. I forgot about them.
Yeah those guy are awesome!! They really know there stuff and can really help with doing a retrofit into your headlights!!

Quick Reply: HID's